• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Colorado R1T Launch Green, Forest Edge for sale

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
Listing soon on Cars and Bids with no reserve, Launch Green with Forest Edge interior and 21" road wheels with full sized spare. 50 miles. This will be the first one (on C&B) with the green interior which is so much nicer looking, especially with LG exterior, IMO, than the same charcoal interior every other vehicle in the world seems to have these days. Part of the Forest Edge interior includes the natural finish on the Ash trim which, again, I think looks so much richer and natural than the blackened wood in the Black Mountain interiors. Combined with the Launch Edition trims and textures throughout it's a stunning interior.

I was able to compare the road noise of the 20" wheel/tire with the 21" combo and the road tire is considerably quieter. It's an unbelievably quiet ride at 70 mph. Added to the extra 10-15% range that Rivian and Pirelli claim for the 21 and I think it's the best choice for everything except the most serious off-roading.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Launch Green, Forest Edge for sale 20220518_160035
Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Why are you selling?

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
A lot has changed since I put my order in a few years ago. One of the factors is that I just need a longer (6 foot) bed for transporting paintings. The truck is gorgeous, by far the best looking out there, and wonderfully fast and functional, but...

Combined with the premium they're bringing and it just makes sense to sell it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
I'm not sure why all the hate on the making money; in general, yes, I like to make money, though that was not part of the original equation. And to Mr. aptly named Venom, yes, I did know the bed length, but if you actually read my OP, you might have seen that my needs changed over the years between ordering and actually receiving.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
GL. I hope you get a crap-ton for it. Maybe we'll see you in one when there's some decent aftermarket extenders to wall off the 7' you can get with the gate down. And thanks for the 21 vs 20 observation. I'd been wondering about the noise factor. It's hard to turn down the off road wheels when you're getting a deal on them but hoping there will be some road tires for the 20s soon.

Sponsored

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
I'm not sure why all the hate on the making money; in general, yes, I like to make money, though that was not part of the original equation. And to Mr. aptly named Venom, yes, I did know the bed length, but if you actually read my OP, you might have seen that my needs changed over the years between ordering and actually receiving.
It’s hard, but try not to take offense. It’s a knee jerk reaction to seeing someone sell their Rivian so quickly. Some people have been waiting a long time to get a truck and it stings a little to see some lucky person get theirs only to sell it right away. Bottom line is that it’s your truck and you absolutely have every right to sell it if you want (with the exception of ordering one just to flip it as far as I know). You’re obviously not a flipper since that was not your intent and your situation has changed, but just be prepared for a little backlash from some of us diehard future owners on these forums. Honestly though, I’m glad you were able to enjoy your truck for a bit and hope you end up with something that works out better! And thanks for the feedback on the tires!

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
GL. I hope you get a crap-ton for it. Maybe we'll see you in one when there's some decent aftermarket extenders to wall off the 7' you can get with the gate down. And thanks for the 21 vs 20 observation. I'd been wondering about the noise factor. It's hard to turn down the off road wheels when you're getting a deal on them but hoping there will be some road tires for the 20s soon.

Thank you sir! For my best use, I really need to be able to put a cap on for covered, dry transport, but easily remove it for Home Depot building supplies. I debated getting the R1S, but it's just too hard to load (think 80lb bags of mortar mix, concrete block, etc.) compared to a truck bed. I've got pulleys in the garage to get a cap off in a few minutes by myself.

Yeah, I know the bad thing about the 21" is that you (currently) get only one choice of a tire, and they aren't cheap. The 20" should soon have a choice. For me, 99% of my driving is pavement or gravel; by the time I'd be going far enough off-road I'm probably backpacking or riding along with a friend in an ancient CJ5 that's already battered enough to not worry about it :)

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Listing soon on Cars and Bids with no reserve, Launch Green with Forest Edge interior and 21" road wheels with full sized spare. 50 miles. This will be the first one (on C&B) with the green interior which is so much nicer looking, especially with LG exterior, IMO, than the same charcoal interior every other vehicle in the world seems to have these days. Part of the Forest Edge interior includes the natural finish on the Ash trim which, again, I think looks so much richer and natural than the blackened wood in the Black Mountain interiors. Combined with the Launch Edition trims and textures throughout it's a stunning interior.

I was able to compare the road noise of the 20" wheel/tire with the 21" combo and the road tire is considerably quieter. It's an unbelievably quiet ride at 70 mph. Added to the extra 10-15% range that Rivian and Pirelli claim for the 21 and I think it's the best choice for everything except the most serious off-roading.

20220518_160035.jpg
Please post your load sticker

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Don't forget, your required to donate 10% of profits for sales in the first year to the Riviot Bourbon Fund 🍻
Sponsored