• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Colorado R1T Launch Green, Forest Edge for sale

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
How did you compare the road noise?

Sorry, I forgot to answer this promptly. The comparison is casual, but definitely easy to hear. When I rode in one at an open house, it was on the 20" wheel. When they came to me for my first drive I took it out on a nearby stretch of highway that I'm very familiar with; I wanted to try to compare its noise, both road/tire and wind versus our Volvo V90 which is a very quiet highway ride. Again we were on the 20" wheel with A/T tire. It was very quiet on wind, but the road noise was at least as much as our Volvo, it seemed. The Rivian host said the 21" was quieter. When I got my truck, I took it on that same stretch, and it was the first time that I could actually hear the motors because it was so quiet otherwise. A bigger difference than what I had thought would be possible, but even to the casual ear e.g. my wife, there was a large difference. So quiet! I would recommend this choice to anyone who is looking for the smoothest and quietest ride.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Truck Still on the market ???

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Payload varies greatly depending on wheel/tire and configuration. I have never seen the supposed # of 1760lbs. Some of the posted stickers show around 1300lb payload, some nearly 1600. If you can't see why payload matters, I wonder if you have any experience with trucks, camping, or towing...lol, indeed.
So question since you see a Ton & been following these: does buying a spare change the # vs not buying a spare?

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
Truck Still on the market ???

Yes, I just moments ago found out from Cars and Bids that my truck would not be listed for 3-4 weeks. This really ticked me off as I had been "accepted" by them 8 days ago without a word at that time, or any time since, that there would be a delay. Apparently they only want to offer one at a time. That would seem to me to be a disservice to the buyer as well as seller since as a buyer you may bid on one that is "acceptable" only to find that the next one up is the color or features that you would have preferred.

At the moment, I am giving a private broker an opportunity to place it.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Yes, I just moments ago found out from Cars and Bids that my truck would not be listed for 3-4 weeks. This really ticked me off as I had been "accepted" by them 8 days ago without a word at that time, or any time since, that there would be a delay. Apparently they only want to offer one at a time. That would seem to me to be a disservice to the buyer as well as seller since as a buyer you may bid on one that is "acceptable" only to find that the next one up is the color or features that you would have preferred.

Interesting to hear that. I was wondering how long the line of Rivians is at C&B

Sponsored

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
Interesting to hear that. I was wondering how long the line of Rivians is at C&B

I would assume that means 3 or 4 vehicles since the auctions are one week long.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

They have that many ahead of you huh….

Reactions: Guy

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Why mess with a broker? Just sell it, you'll make a bit more on your own. The longer you wait, the more the prices will come down. Going sales price is $114K this week for LE R1T with BM interior, probably about +$3K if it has FE interior. Brokers or auctions lately are not charging the seller much, letting the buyer pay the commission, but you'll have to sell on your own if you want that extra bit. Because they're topping out at $111K-ish on CAB or BAT because buyers know they have to add the $4500 fee on top of that. *IF* you could list it today on CAB, you could probably get $116K for it as I think it would be the first one up for auction (that I've seen) with FE interior. But more are coming...

I'm local to you, west of Denver. I'm a buyer at $100K if you're willing. I know I'll get one at that price in the next few weeks. Have just barely missed a couple already. And I know you would be potentially losing out on $8~12K of profit you could probably get in the near term. ...That's this week, next week may be different.

The auction sites are only listing one R1T, Hummer EV or Lightning, etc.. at a time because of the demand. They're milking it to jack up bid prices, but even with that, prices are still normalizing.

Anyway I'm serious at my stated price, cash in hand. DM me if interested.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Prices are already dropping as the deliveries are picking up. Sell if for a reasonable profit quick or risk missing out on whatever's left of the flipper's pie.

Sponsored

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
You guys are absolutely right; it's why it made me so upset that C&B took 8 days to tell me that they were 3-4 weeks from listing mine. I would have gone straight to BaT if I had known. The broker had approached me early on and I said he could offer it to his customers over the weekend after I got the word from C&B.

Thanks for the offer, Monkey, I think I'm still at about 110-115 for a little while; if for no other reason than that Forest Edge interior which really stands out compared to all the dreary (IMO) washed out gray interiors with the unattractive wood finish. I believe it will generate extra interest.

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
The truck was sold to a very nice gentleman who was pleased to get it; happy parties on both sides :)

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Whew, right!? I believe it will come back, but not sure if I have enough conviction to double down. A year from now people might easily say, "remember when you could buy Rivian for only x?"
I'm still kicking myself for not buying Apple in December 2006 when it had dropped to $2.59 per share.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager