First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Howdy all: As a bigger guy, interior comfort can be tough for me in vehicles. With the lack of available test drives right now, and the objectivity in written legroom/headroom seating dimensions, I'm hoping one of the pre-order drive event holders can maybe comment on what an analagous vehcile currently on the market might be.

I've seen several people suggest the Honda Ridgeline as the closest thing out there to the R1T in terms of interior comfort. Do we think thats a relatively good comparison. I test drove one last night for kicks at my local Honda Dealer, (who explained they typically have 500+ new cars on the lot, they had 20 last night and are expecting things to get worse). Different topic TBS, but Honda is apparantly announcing more production cuts SOON.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Howdy all: As a bigger guy, interior comfort can be tough for me in vehicles. With the lack of available test drives right now, and the objectivity in written legroom/headroom seating dimensions, I'm hoping one of the pre-order drive event holders can maybe comment on what an analagous vehcile currently on the market might be.

I've seen several people suggest the Honda Ridgeline as the closest thing out there to the R1T in terms of interior comfort. Do we think thats a relatively good comparison. I test drove one last night for kicks at my local Honda Dealer, (who explained they typically have 500+ new cars on the lot, they had 20 last night and are expecting things to get worse). Different topic TBS, but Honda is apparantly announcing more production cuts SOON.

Thanks in advance.
Hello! I've compared on paper the Ridgeline to the R1T and at least "on paper" the interior dimensions look fairly close. The R1T is ~7" longer mainly it looks like due to the addition of the gear tunnel. Also the wheelbase is ~11" longer on the R1T. I can't even find a Ridgeline in my area to look at, dealers lots look mostly empty. What were your thoughts on the cab space of the Ridgeline? How was the back seat area? My takeaway is the R1T is an upscale Ridgeline on steroids but gets better "energy" efficiency if you will.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Hello! I've compared on paper the Ridgeline to the R1T and at least "on paper" the interior dimensions look fairly close. The R1T is ~7" longer mainly it looks like due to the addition of the gear tunnel. Also the wheelbase is ~11" longer on the R1T. I can't even find a Ridgeline in my area to look at, dealers lots look mostly empty. What were your thoughts on the cab space of the Ridgeline? How was the back seat area? My takeaway is the R1T is an upscale Ridgeline on steroids but gets better "energy" efficiency if you will.
So the Pilot and the Ridgeline have the same interior dimensionsI was told. I sat in both, and due to the panel design of the door the Ridgeline felt materially wider in the elbow/shoulder (kind of where I'm most sensitive to this), so I was pleasantly surrpised.

The back had plenty of legroom for me at 6' flat. The bench seats sit a couple of inches higher than the front seats, which felt a little weird, as though I was looking down into the front cabin.

All said, if the Rivian is the same size/feel as the Ridgeline, I'll be happy. Anything bigger, and I'll be thrilled.

.....It was the only Ridgeline the dealer had, it was pre-owned with 8,000 miles on it, and it was already sold.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T Interior Analogue 1630078345241

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Thanks in advance.
I’ve previously owned a Passport which is fairly similar sibling to the Ridgeline, at least in the front driver and passenger sections. It’s also pretty close dimensions to the R1T. I’m 6’3 and fit perfectly fine. I’m more concerned about a passenger being able to comfortably sit behind me than front seat space/comfort.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I’ve previously owned a Passport which is fairly similar sibling to the Ridgeline, at least in the front driver and passenger sections. It’s also pretty close dimensions to the R1T. I’m 6’3 and fit perfectly fine. I’m more concerned about a passenger being able to comfortably sit behind me than front seat space/comfort.
I get fine in the back of the ridgeline. Just a little weirded out by the sitting higher thing.

Sponsored

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I picked up a new ridgeline a few weeks ago. I am hoping the 2nd seat legroom is larger. I am not very tall (5’10-11) and in a normal seating position there is very little room between the back of my seat and the car seats I have installed. I’ll try and take a picture later. The seat of the ridgeline is also short. I had an power extendable thigh cushion on my genesis that makes it more comfortable. That being said the interior is roomy and it is a very comfortable truck to drive to/from work.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The added width of the Ridgeline over the Taco (for example) is a big reason I have been interested in the R1T since their dimensions are so similar. Hopefully the R1T shoulder dimensions hold up.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Adamsfan1983,

I'm 6', 195 lbs. and found the R1T to have plenty of room for me. I drove it, rode around in the front passenger seat, and also rode in the back seat with similar-sized people up front. I had plenty of room and felt comfortable in all of those those positions. After testing all of the adjustability in the front seats and getting to where the driving position was perfect for me, there was plenty of room in the back seat. I asked those in the back if they were good, and the response was something along the lines of " Plenty of space back here!".

One of the things I liked most in the front seat was that the telescoping column came out farther than I would ever need it. In all of my other cars, the telescoping stops before it hits the point I would like it to hit. Also, I seem to remember plenty of shoulder room, at least for me. If that's an issue for you, you may want to try one on for size before making a decision. I've been in a Ridgeline in the last year and, honestly, can't remember how the two compare. I just know that I was comfortable in both.

I hope this is somewhat helpful for you. Feel free to message me with your number if you want to talk about it. The same goes for anyone else.

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
One of the things I liked most in the front seat was that the telescoping column came out farther than I would ever need it. In all of my other cars, the telescoping stops before it hits the point I would like it to hit.
That is SO good to hear. I've never had a vehicle yet whose telescoping wheel extended as far as I wanted. I think, proportionally, I have longer legs than arms, so when I have my seat back where I want it for my legs , I always feeling like I'm reeaaaching for the steering wheel... and I usually end up just scooting the seat forward a bit.

Of all the tiny details that keep emerging about the Rivians, this has me inordinately excited!

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Adamsfan1983,

I'm 6', 195 lbs. and found the R1T to have plenty of room for me. I drove it, rode around in the front passenger seat, and also rode in the back seat with similar-sized people up front. I had plenty of room and felt comfortable in all of those those positions. After testing all of the adjustability in the front seats and getting to where the driving position was perfect for me, there was plenty of room in the back seat. I asked those in the back if they were good, and the response was something along the lines of " Plenty of space back here!".

One of the things I liked most in the front seat was that the telescoping column came out farther than I would ever need it. In all of my other cars, the telescoping stops before it hits the point I would like it to hit. Also, I seem to remember plenty of shoulder room, at least for me. If that's an issue for you, you may want to try one on for size before making a decision. I've been in a Ridgeline in the last year and, honestly, can't remember how the two compare. I just know that I was comfortable in both.

I hope this is somewhat helpful for you. Feel free to message me with your number if you want to talk about it. The same goes for anyone else.
Thanks my man

Joewillie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Firefighter
I've been very interested in this topic, comparing interior space with a third generation (current) Tacoma. I ditched a F150 supercrew a few years back because it wouldn't fit in garage and was way too big for me wife to park, ferry to the island, etc. With that said, the truck interior was cavernous. Like awesome interior space. So we downsized to a crew cab Taco and the cab is borderline too small for my 5' 4" daughter 11.5 years old and my 5'3" son 10.5 years old. I'm 6'2" 190 lbs and I have to move my seat forward when one of them is sitting behind me. Same goes for my wife in the front pax seat.

With all this being said, I can't pull the trigger on this truck without getting my family in it.

My whole family is rooting for the R1T to be our next truck but the Lightning interior space (a positive) is a known commodity (as is the total overall length - a negative).

To give me interior dimensions of the interior, hip, shoulder, leg, blah blah blah, is nice but it's not like sitting in it. I need to try it on. Just like the work boots I ordered on Amazon without trying them on first - they're too tight.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T Interior Analogue 16303483248732843416798980859462
Sponsored