SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I'm curious...if you have it, is it something you use often?

I'm not in the city so 95% of my parking is a pull in, back in situation for spots and not parallel. But aside from playing with it to see how it works, I've never actually used my auto park. Same goes for summon. For me it took much longer to use it and just wasn't worth it compared to navigating it in myself
I can only speak to how Ford has implemented their park assist feature, and I will say that I am generally very impressed by it.

I have used it on just a few occasions to try it out and when I was driving in the city and was confronted with very tight spots. The Ford will start looking for a spot when you activated the system and does an exceptional job of estimating whether you can fit into a spot and then getting you into it.

My BMW i3 (previous version as the i3s does not have that feature) would regularly try and curb rash my 20" wheels but the Ford is having none of that. It can be used on either the left or right side of the street, can also be used to pull you out of a spot, and can also be used to perpendicular park.

That said, the feature is mostly used by my wife who is not, and has never been, comfortable parallel parking. She also doesn't love driving large vehicles so for me it would be nice to have as an option in case my wife needs to drive the R1T into the city and park. It will take some of the stress and anxiety out of the equation for her driving a larger vehicle - assuming that it is implemented well.
Sponsored

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
@SASSquatch Great, detailed write-up. I can't wait for my turn at a First Drive in an R1S.
Your post, of course, leaves one major question. Why did you test stuffing your significant other in the frunk? Is this going to be a work vehicle for a Mafia career? And if so, is it tax deductible?😄

BigNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y SR, 22 Leaf, 22 Chevy Silverado
My takeaway from this is how does a Sasquatch fit in an i3 or a C-max? :)

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

My takeaway from this is how does a Sasquatch fit in an i3 or a C-max? :)
Our C-Max has more legroom than most full size SUVs and some trucks and some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in with 12-way adjustability. I LOVE how they implemented the headrest adjustability so that you can easily adjust the angle with one hand. Best headrests I've ever encountered.

We had a fully loaded Mach e AWD on reserve but decided to bail when we found out that even at the highest trim level, the seats were only 8-way and not nearly as comfortable. I told the dealer that was absolutely nuts and to pass that back to ford. Model year 2022 Mach e still only has 8-way seats.

That is just plain stupid.

The i3 has a floating dashboard and much less dash in general due to how it was designed so your legs and knees have room to roam. The i3 is probably the most comfortable car I've driven as a daily driver.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

@SASSquatch Great, detailed write-up. I can't wait for my turn at a First Drive in an R1S.
Your post, of course, leaves one major question. Why did you test stuffing your significant other in the frunk? Is this going to be a work vehicle for a Mafia career? And if so, is it tax deductible?😄
I was wondering when someone was going to point that out.

No comment. :)

All tax questions should be directed at a tax professional. My post does not constitute financial or career advice. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: