First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone installed a bed camper on their R1T? I see some early posts evaluating the idea, but haven’t found any posts on an actual installation. Wondering what it does on efficiency/range. Love the idea of a Kimbo or Loki.
Sponsored

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Remember your manual actually states that this vehicle is not designed for a slide-in camper...
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/campluxe-cabover-for-rivian-r1t.12194/post-274621
Thanks, yes well aware of this. Anyone have specs or insight on what forces the in-bed tie downs are rated for?

At 1120lbs configured, & 300lbs of occupants, I have a 280lbs leeway before I hit payload max. I plan to stay 50lbs less than max, but will also seek higher load index tires, take the efficiency hit, and enjoy the additional peace of mind.

This video is extremely interesting around the 19min mark. Absolute chaos but great to see the suspension auto adjust no problem.

Sponsored

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Oh man, I watched that Munro video when they first posted it. For people who are supposed know a lot about vehicles, they seem pretty inept at points. He expected the auto leveling while it was just sitting off, and then was surprised that it leveled later while driving. The beginning, Sandy takes the truck "off road", but basically all he does is power his way through obstacles... there's no skill or knowledge, just brute force. Anyone who was using their own vehicle would have hopefully thought twice before taking it through in that manner... /sigh.

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
Oh man, I watched that Munro video when they first posted it. For people who are supposed know a lot about vehicles, they seem pretty inept at points. He expected the auto leveling while it was just sitting off, and then was surprised that it leveled later while driving. The beginning, Sandy takes the truck "off road", but basically all he does is power his way through obstacles... there's no skill or knowledge, just brute force. Anyone who was using their own vehicle would have hopefully thought twice before taking it through in that manner... /sigh.
100%! Even the forklift driver was inept!

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Even the forklift driver
I just went back and watched, I totally forgot about them, they just sorta smashed the whole thing in. And the clamp-on 'headache rack'? what a joke, that's probably what busted the window in the first place... Their bricks were wrapped and unlikely to go anywhere... /sigh
Seriously, just a bunch of buffoons in that vid.

wrightwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar, R1T
Now that's a reasonable weight! I like how modular it is.

How is it sleeping in there? Do you plan to leave it on full time, or will you store it when not taking trips?
Sponsored