Sponsored

R1S vs. Fisker Ocean One

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Model 3, CX-9
My Ocean One pre-order invitation from July 8th was supposed to expire after seven days or 5,000 reservations. Very telling that my pre-order window is still open 10 days after the initial invitation.
Oh weird, I totally missed my initial email. Apparently I have 2 days lefts still(?) according the follow up they sent... so yeah, pretty telling. Way too steep of a non-refundable price point with so little details.

Anyone remember or have stats on the number of reservations Rivian got when they first opened things up for deposits though (i.e the first like month of couple weeks)?
Sponsored

BigNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y SR, 22 Leaf, 22 Chevy Silverado
Isn't the R1S a better/bigger SUV than the Ocean One?

Seems like an easy decision to stick with a refundable $1k deposit over a $5k non-refundable one.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
The ultra and sport trims are where it’s at. $30k after the tax credit (sport trim) is a deal for any good looking 250 mile EV and the ultra specs of 340 estimated EPA range and 0-60 in 3.9 are awesome for the price. Way better projected specs than ID4 or the Kia/Hyundai models and much better looking IMO.

I have 2 Oceans reserved.

My Model 3 will be replaced by an R1S.

My wife’s QX60 will be replaced by an EV at some point. I was thinking Ocean Sport or Ultra. Perhaps start with the sport and if it’s good enough stick with that, and if not flip it for an ultra. The EV9 is also intriguing.

Last edited:

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220803005735/en/

Fisker 2Q Results:
  • Q2 2022 operating results consistent with company expectations; full-year total spending guidance unchanged.
  • Vehicle testing and validation phase progressing well; all 55 complete Fisker Ocean prototypes built and performing various final testing before SOP on November 17, 2022.
  • Sold out all 5,000 pre-orders for the launch edition Fisker Ocean One, secured by $5,000 down payments from each customer.*
  • Consumer demand remains strong. Fisker Ocean reservations totaled more than 56,000 as of August 1, 2022, including 5,000 Ocean One pre-orders secured by $5,000 down payments.
  • Debuted the Fisker Ocean in France and the United Kingdom in June 2022.
  • Confirmed Fisker PEAR, using the Fisker-developed SLV1 platform, will be manufactured at Foxconn’s newly acquired plant in Ohio.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

The ultra and sport trims are where it’s at. $30k after the tax credit (sport trim) is a deal for any good looking 250 mile EV and the ultra specs of 340 estimated EPA range and 0-60 in 3.9 are awesome for the price. Way better projected specs than ID4 or the Kia/Hyundai models and much better looking IMO.

I have 2 Oceans reserved.

My Model 3 will be replaced by an R1S.

My wife’s QX60 will be replaced by an EV at some point. I was thinking Ocean Sport or Ultra. Perhaps start with the sport and if it’s good enough stick with that, and if not flip it for an ultra. The EV9 is also intriguing.
Does the vehicle have to be bulit in the US to qualify for Tax credit?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Magna being the manufacturer and owning 6% of Fisker instills confidence, but I'm already into Rivian as my beta for this decade.
Henrik Fisker is a crook and scam artist, just like John Hennessey. I was betting on Magna and still am, but I passed on a non-refundable $5K deposit when prsented, which only an absolute imbecile would do. The vehicle looks great though and the spec's are solid and I'm convinced Magna can absolutely build it, but Fisker has practically zero USA based employees and is offering a yet to be named third party service provider and deliveries start the end of the year. I'm holding onto my reservation, just in case...

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
EPA rated at 360 miles. Quite a bit more efficient than the R1S. If ours comes any time soon I plan on posting up a comparison on them.

https://assets.ctfassets.net/cghen8...Fisker_Ocean_EPA_Range_Confirmed_4.2FINAL.pdf
My wife's ONE is somewhere in the 350-370 range, so I'll be doing so as well. While my R1T is in the 17,000s I'm well aware of the initial vehicle issues with Rivian and the software also (some that still occur). Incredibly curious to compare.
Sponsored