First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Retired

Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.

Your Launch Edition R1S estimated delivery window is October - December 2022

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Here’s why your window has shifted:​
  1. Supply chain
    As we’ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, we’ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.

We’re grateful for your continued support and will continue to keep you updated. Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to innovate for the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.​
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
May/June to Oct/Dec for me. About what I was expecting.

Absolute horseshit that 24 hours ago they were still giving us the old window, but I’m glad to have the update.

I just hope they update this estimate in real time as conditions change, instead of blowing through multiple deadlines for comms and everything else. That’s the real test.

AZBruin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Retired
Mine even moved less Jul-Sep and now sep-oct

R1T Adventure, Limestone, Forest Edge, 21' road, powered tonneau

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

R1S LE May/June to Oct-Dec.

Sponsored

Loelee16

First Name
Mon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, glc
Orig. Apirl/May with signed BPA. Now to Oct/Dec. changed to BM from ocean after knowing ocean was delayed to fall. Has anyone with ocean got the new estimate? If so what are your dates? If ocean is still good for fall, I might switch it back. Thanks

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
Your Launch Edition R1S estimated delivery window is August - September 2022

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Looks like you have to be near one of the service centers to get priority? Only in 14 states.
My window moved from June - July 2022 to August - September 2022. I live in Richmond, VA which has a service center so, @Cactusone, your theory holds water.

Sponsored

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Your Launch Edition R1S estimated delivery window is August - September 2022 - Im in Denver
What color exterior and configuration?

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, GC 4xe, Taycan Turbo, 911 4 GTS

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I’ll be absolutely pissed if the R1S is an absolutely awesome SUV I have to wait another 4-6 months for, on-top of my already 36 months, and absolutely super happy if it is a buggy, constant hard tech-reset, suspension-problematic monstrosity. Here’s to hoping I’m absolutely pissed…
Rivian R1T R1S R1S updated estimated delivery window email (received June 11) 153F617E-6F2D-426A-8609-3979B9437910

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

tjaco007

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
My window moved from June - July 2022 to August - September 2022. I live in Richmond, VA which has a service center so, @Cactusone, your theory holds water.
I have the exact same configuration, earlier reservation date, and live 20 minutes from the Salt Lake City service center (which I'm told is one of the busiest).

I still think it's lottery style ha.
Sponsored