fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Hello Rivian fans!
New to this forum and just placed a pre-order for an R1S a week ago in hopes that I would get it by next August in time for my wife's birthday. Even if it's belated, I think she would love it. Fingers crossed.
LOL, Sorry to break it... may be Aug 2024 or later..
Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
LOL, Sorry to break it... may be Aug 2024 or later..
Not so fast. I think I read some reports of people receiving their R1T after ordering earlier this year! But, 2024 is more realistic unless OP wins the Rivian lottery.

GR

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Not so fast. I think I read some reports of people receiving their R1T after ordering earlier this year! But, 2024 is more realistic unless OP wins the Rivian lottery.

GR
Poster just placed a deposit for an R1S last week of July 2022. There are folks who placed deposits literally years ago that still don't have anything as far as estimated delivery besides first half of 2023. Winning the lottery is one thing but expecting a miracle is something altogether different. Poster should be looking for another August 2023 birthday gift for his wife.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Rivian is in a tough spot. From a corporate standpoint, they need the new orders flowing in and being fulfilled because these are the higher margin sales. Those of us waiting in line will feel aggrieved but c'est la vie. Heck, I am still waiting after all these false promises and I am sure I will keep waiting until, either I get what I ordered or there is a suitable alternative that I can get my hands on.

Sponsored

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
Rivian is in a tough spot. From a corporate standpoint, they need the new orders flowing in and being fulfilled because these are the higher margin sales. Those of us waiting in line will feel aggrieved but c'est la vie. Heck, I am still waiting after all these false promises and I am sure I will keep waiting until, either I get what I ordered or there is a suitable alternative that I can get my hands on.
Not sure I agree with what you're saying. It's going to be far worse to bypass early adopters/pre-orders for the sake of a higher profit margin. Rivian has to deliver units. Period.

I'll agree w/ you more if by the end of this year, I still dont have an R1S. My delivery window is now (aug/sept) - so we'll see if Rivian actually follows thru. If we see 2022 pre-orders getting R1Ss this year - we'll have our answer to what Rivian is doing.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
I am hopeful that they will finally look at building these. I am on the three plus year wait list. My guess is that their stock price is out of the basement from the swan dive it took. They were desperate to show that they could deliver #s. So now, maybe, they might actually think about getting these cars delivered. By the way, I am soooooo glad I did not bite at the stock offer. (First rule of investing. If you can't trust their info, pass.)

R1Sfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
I ordered feb 2022 and cancelled with price hike then reinstated. No initial delivery estimate yet, is this normal? Just trying to figure out if 2023 or 2024 at this point. (Adv R1S)

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Not sure I agree with what you're saying. It's going to be far worse to bypass early adopters/pre-orders for the sake of a higher profit margin. Rivian has to deliver units. Period.

I'll agree w/ you more if by the end of this year, I still dont have an R1S. My delivery window is now (aug/sept) - so we'll see if Rivian actually follows thru. If we see 2022 pre-orders getting R1Ss this year - we'll have our answer to what Rivian is doing.
Can I also join the laundry list of creepy internet friends that live 5 miles away coming to check out your R1S when it arrives to satisfy my own shameless wants and desires while I cry into my IPA over at Lucky Pie waiting another 6 months?ā€¦ Or at Waterloo depending on your personal preference? Of course, Iā€™ll be buying!

Last edited:

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Can I also join the laundry list of creepy internet friends that live 5 miles away coming to check out your R1S when it arrives to satisfy my own shameless wants and desires while I cry into my IPA over at Lucky Pie waiting another 6 months?ā€¦ Or at Waterloo depending on your personal preference? Of course, Iā€™ll be buying!
Yeah, you can definitely join! I think we've been known to wait over 6 months for our food at Lucky Pie ;-)..but it's generally worth the wait. Waterloo is a great spot too.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Any news or update

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
According to earnings report they produced 4400+ vehicles last quarter. In addition , they are still not running any full shifts. To hit 25K for this year, they pretty much will need to almost double production. How can they do that if they donā€™t have components to build? Ironically, read where Fisker is ahead of SOP. For the Ocean. Maybe Heinrik learned something from first failure and his move to have Magna build them. Wonder what RJ has learned from all of the shit Rivian has and is going thru?
Sponsored