Sponsored

R1S Updated Delivery Timeframes?

GooniesNeverSayDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xterra, CX-5
Has anyone besides those with original delivery dates in 2022 received an updated delivery window? Mine was originally 1st half 2023 and I haven’t heard anything. I was just wondering if any other 1st half 2023s had heard anything.
Sponsored

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
You’re right, forgot about that, perhaps we’ll hear something, anything soon.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I wouldn't worry about getting updates for 2023 deliveries until you actually start to see the promised 2022 deliveries starting to happen. Or, said differently, if 2022 deliveries progress as promised then there is a good chance your 23H2 window might hold. If 2022 deliveries slip, everything after that will too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

GooniesNeverSayDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xterra, CX-5
I wouldn't worry about getting updates for 2023 deliveries until you actually start to see the promised 2022 deliveries starting to happen. Or, said differently, if 2022 deliveries progress as promised then there is a good change your 23H2 window might hold. If 2022 deliveries slip, everything after that will too.
Yeah. I am kind of just trying to gauge whether I should get another vehicle now. We are in desperate need of a seven seater that can tow. I know it’s impossible to figure out deliveries now but was really just trying to see how much someone in a similar situation had been delayed. Just for a general idea really.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Yeah I just remember them saying everyone would get an update over the summer. Oh well summers not over yet.
I wouldn't expect to hear anything from Rivian until end of September at the earliest.

If you are in need of 7 seater w/tow, would consider something else at this point. Or wait until you hear from them (which I have very low expectation of any clarity), then decide.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yeah. I am kind of just trying to gauge whether I should get another vehicle now. We are in desperate need of a seven seater that can tow. I know it’s impossible to figure out deliveries now but was really just trying to see how much someone in a similar situation had been delayed. Just for a general idea really.
I wouldn't base any decisions on Rivian delivery estimates. I think we've seen those estimates are worthless. Personally, if I had a desperate need, I would get what I needed now and trade it when the Rivian came along. That wait is likely to be longer than you might expect. But the "R1 Shop" really introduces a wild card that at least introduces some possibility of an earlier delivery. There really is just no way to know at this point.

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I got the updated delivery window email on 6/11 stating that my new window is Aug/September. That was the last correspondence I've seen.

At this point I am allowing myself to be optimistic...one last time. Not sure where my head will be at if it slips into 2023. Not that there is anything I can do about it ;-)....but will just be really disappointed.

OP
OP

GooniesNeverSayDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xterra, CX-5
I wouldn't base any decisions on Rivian delivery estimates. I think we've seen those estimates are worthless. Personally, if I had a desperate need, I would get what I needed now and trade it when the Rivian came along. That wait is likely to be longer than you might expect. But the "R1 Shop" really introduces a wild card that at least introduces some possibility of an earlier delivery. There really is just no way to know at this point.
I’ve been on here long enough to realize that Rivians estimates are pretty much worthless. Guess we will just get what we need now and hope it doesn’t depreciate too much by the time we need to trade it in. I do hate buying a new vehicle within a year of a purchase though. Timing just kind of stinks.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I’ve been on here long enough to realize that Rivians estimates are pretty much worthless. Guess we will just get what we need now and hope it doesn’t depreciate too much by the time we need to trade it in. I do hate buying a new vehicle within a year of a purchase though. Timing just kind of stinks.
If you haven't been paying attention, you might be surprised by the current used car market. If that holds, probably a non-issue for you. But who know what the used car market will look like in another year.

Even if a short term purchase ends up costing a little more, what's the opportunity cost of waiting for Rivian? Given a choice between getting out and living life and doing the things you want now vs sitting around waiting on Rivian, I'd opt for living life even if that costs a few extra dollars.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Two tips:

1) Don’t wait on Rivian, you are looking at a year+ right now. That’s a long time to not to have the seats you need.
2) DO NOT buy a vehicle larger than the R1S if you are dead set on getting the R1S. We bought a suburban in January to hold us over and while it has been awesome for our family of 6, my wife is already lamenting the eventual loss of captains chairs and space behind the third row. I mitigate any risk of ICE regression from the wife by making her gas up the suburban every time.

JohnB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura/Mazda
Has anyone besides those with original delivery dates in 2022 received an updated delivery window? Mine was originally 1st half 2023 and I haven’t heard anything. I was just wondering if any other 1st half 2023s had heard anything.
I am a first half 2023 as well and am not expecting much communication. Maybe you want to listen in or follow the August 11th Q2 earnings call to see if Rivian casts any light on the R1S deliveries.

Tenmile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram PW, Jeep FSJ w/LS, BMW M5
I got the updated delivery window email on 6/11 stating that my new window is Aug/September. That was the last correspondence I've seen.

At this point I am allowing myself to be optimistic...one last time. Not sure where my head will be at if it slips into 2023. Not that there is anything I can do about it ;-)....but will just be really disappointed.
I just realized in reading your sig, that my timelines for guide/PBA were close to yours (as is location), but interestingly enough, your window is Aug/Sep while mine is Oct-Dec now. Looks like Launch Green is going to be earlier in the paint booth than Rivian Blue!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Is consensus that if no deliveries estimates have been made, should expect Q3/Q4 2023?

I am a Jan 2022 order holder, I have no expectation to get the vehicle this year, and recently changed my R1T pre order to R1S after seeing it at the Venice Visitor Center, which will likely push me even further down the line.

According to Rivian reps in all these R1S reviews, they were told that if ordered "today" will receive vehicle by end of 2023, but with the backlog and slow ramp I have a hard time picturing it, especially with Rivian's commitment to Amazon which will allocate hardware that would be otherwise used for the R1 line towards the Amazon trucks.

RJ admitted that theyre going to miss the 10k Amazon truck delivery commitment by the end of this year, but as a partner Amazon has been understanding. I figure that understanding may shift next year and they could put more pressure to accelerate that production line. Just my thoughts based on what I have read / seen recently.
Sponsored