First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
I just asked the build date of mine which is a 147xxx…. It was June 19th so everyone has a point of reference
Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

R1 shop details 2 members bought the SUV with April 25, 2023 and June 2023 build.

2 people who both picked vehicles from the shop back to back on 6/8 and 6/9 VIN range is about 4500 wide (79xx and 12xxx). Both are launch editions.

April has PPF and that’s probably what delayed the delivery a little.

They’re making almost 75-125 per day.

eDad_R1S

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LS w/ OC
This is where the VIN info is confusing folks. This is an R1S thread and the VIN you're putting forth is likely an R1T VIN. Best I can tell they're close to VIN 13,000 for the R1S at end of June 2023. They're well above that for the T.

The month of build is clearly shown on the vehicle sticker when you open the driver-side door - same sticker that shows suggested PSI, etc. It's in the upper right and is shown as mm/yy.

You do not know build date from looking in the R1 store.

A 14,000+ VIN is likely an R1T, not an S. No one knows for sure where they are in the S ramp, but I don't think they're doing 250/week or 1,000/month.

Also, the idea that Rivian is knowingly selling "reject" vehicles is absurd. This exact same fear was raised when Tesla started shipping cars at end of 2012. Yes, some cars may be held back for quality control, but they're fixing them/correcting issues and THEN putting them back up for sale. In fact, I'd say you're probably less likely to have an issue if you have a car like that as they've had to go over it so many times, but who knows...

I was looking again today and there is no word to use except "immaculate" to describe the fit and finish of my S. Incredibly surprised, but happy!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for sharing. I can confirm the VIN I shared is a Limestone R1S

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
R1 shop details 2 members bought the SUV with April 25, 2023 and June 2023 build.

2 people who both picked vehicles from the shop back to back on 6/8 and 6/9 VIN range is about 4500 wide (79xx and 12xxx). Both are launch editions.

April has PPF and that’s probably what delayed the delivery a little.

They’re making almost 75-125 per day.
I can confirm that estimate from factory tour.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

One other item - there seems to be a lot of confusion here about VINs and build dates.

My R1S was built in June 2023 with a VIN of 12,xxx.

Side note: I don't know why we have to "x" all these out since a VIN is easily seen from a windshield and there's nothing anyone can do knowing your VIN, but, when in Rome....
Vin 12,000 range is correct for June
I can confirm that estimate from factory tour.
Thanks! That the reason the stock keeps grinding up. The R1S ramp up is very real.

Sponsored

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

A 14,000+ VIN is likely an R1T, not an S. No one knows for sure where they are in the S ramp, but I don't think they're doing 250/week or 1,000/month.
This isn't accurate. Other members have documented being assigned R1S configs with a VIN in the 17,000 range. They're really picking up the pace on R1S builds!

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Picked up an R1S that matched my config. GW/BM/Adv/RUS/Compact Spare/Dark 20's. The VIN is low 86xx (April-ish build date) which gives me a little bit of heartburn. My R1T is VIN 67XX and it's had a couple of major issues right after getting it. It's been solid since Rivian fixed it. Even an April build should have the subframe, compressor and stereo updates. So... I'll roll with the R1S and inspect it carefully at pickup.

1689729356620.png
What the?? We picked up a shop vehicle with 145xx vin 2 weeks ago and afaik it's still at the factory. Has me a little concerned that there's an issue or something holding it up
Both your Vins are normal for the month they were built.

The build quality between April and June was very very similar. Both SUV had similar hatch alignment issues, glue coming loose on window trim and panel alignment.

June build the front windshield washer spray didn’t work.

Focus on the individual car and not the specific month or vin number.

Just get a 2023 made after Feb/March to get the higher crash test rating. Use tidal to improve the Audio on the Rivian in home sound system versus 2022 / early 2023 meridian systems.

Mari76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I just got shop access last week and have been searching daily for an R1S similar to my configuration.

I have a question about the launch edition models popping up. Is Rivian still making launch editions or are those customer returns or cancellations? What model year would they be?

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I just got shop access last week and have been searching daily for an R1S similar to my configuration.

I have a question about the launch edition models popping up. Is Rivian still making launch editions or are those customer returns or cancellations? What model year would they be?
Again returns CANNOT be in the shop.
They are cancellations/allocated builds. They are model year 2023. Good luck finding your build!

kpx110

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Occupation
developer
Both your Vins are normal for the month they were built.

The build quality between April and June was very very similar. Both SUV had similar hatch alignment issues, glue coming loose on window trim and panel alignment.

June build the front windshield washer spray didn’t work.

Focus on the individual car and not the specific month or vin number.

Just get a 2023 made after Feb/March to get the higher crash test rating. Use tidal to improve the Audio on the Rivian in home sound system versus 2022 / early 2023 meridian systems.
I am still confused about how you are determining when in a year they were made. Mine is 10xxx so what does this infer?

Sponsored

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

I am still confused about how you are determining when in a year they were made. Mine is 10xxx so what does this infer?
The month of build is clearly shown on the vehicle sticker when you open the driver-side door - same sticker that shows suggested PSI, etc. It's in the upper right and is shown as mm/yy.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Go check your driver door jamb where the VIN is for the build month/year and see if it shows 5/23 (May)

kpx110

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Occupation
developer
Go check your driver door jamb where the VIN is for the build month/year and see if it shows 5/23 (May)
It does and I found a new sticker... under the sticker I knew about already

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

MidnightRivian with the late night eye candy to help you make your color selection a little easier or harder.

I’ve got tons and tons of Juicy Rivian pics on my phone that I personally took and I’ll post up slowly to tease you all the way till New Year’s Day 2024 ;)

Time to promote $RIVN for August earnings squeeze.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_9214
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_9216
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_2796
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_3770
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_3775
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_9585
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_9586
Sponsored