Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Anyone with an active R1S shop access now? Original pricing, quad. Screen shot of availability would be great appreciated.
Sponsored

xyz_123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Acura MDX
I am a July 2021 reservation holder within Dallas service center area and got shop access today. There was a vehicle matching my exact configuration and picked it but the VIN for the vehicle is 008XXX.

It seems to be 5k VIN's behind the current VIN range and it's available to be picked within this week. Could this be a returned or rejected vehicle?

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

I am a July 2021 reservation holder within Dallas service center area and got shop access today. There was a vehicle matching my exact configuration and picked it but the VIN for the vehicle is 008XXX.

It seems to be 5k VIN's behind the current VIN range and it's available to be picked within this week. Could this be a returned or rejected vehicle?
This question has been answered multiple times in this thread (though I get it - finding an answer in 174 pages is tough!).

Vehicles in the shop are brand new and have never been previously titled to another purchaser, so it won't be a returned vehicle. It's possible that the vehicle was rejected by someone for any number of reasons: financing fell through/rates too high now, purchased another vehicle while waiting, simply changed mind, or rejected at delivery for whatever reason (which may or may not have been addressed by Rivian post-rejection).

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Just received shop access today (September 2021 preorder). How often do they refresh inventory in the shop, and does it happen at set times daily/weekly?
Oooh, I'm a September 2021 pre-order (Glacier White / Ocean Coast-Dark Ash / 20" AT black). Maybe I'll also get access s00n! Good luck finding what you want.

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ninety Eight 90 Supra 90 Range Rover
Occupation
Business Owner
Oooh, I'm a September 2021 pre-order (Glacier White / Ocean Coast-Dark Ash / 20" AT black). Maybe I'll also get access s00n! Good luck finding what you want.
Best way to get access is schedule a test drive. My brother did it and got access within a week. He then requested access for me and I got mine the day after. I'd even see about test driving a R1T just to get in front of someone and so they know you're ready to purchase. We were Oct 21 orders with Q4 delivery windows.

Last edited:

Sponsored

devnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 45e, GX460, Tacoma, Accord

Returned, probably not. Rejected, possible.

I did refuse delivery of a 09XXX VIN recently due to some terrible fitment issues, paint chips, and other internal and external issues found. I'm sure this ones going to go back to the R1 shop at some point, as it was technically never sold and is still brand new. I just hope they fix it up completely before they put it back on the shop, because it passed the PDI the first time around so that reduces the confidence a bit.

This would've been the second R1S for the household, so I wasn't too heartbroken when refusing delivery. Disappointing nevertheless. They seem to be skimping a bit on a thorough PDI just to get the end of the month, end of the quarter sales push.

RedRaider4L

First Name
Gopal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, RX350, Accord EX
Occupation
Software Technical Sales

I am a May 2021 reservation holder from Dallas. I got access to the shop 4 weeks ago. I was able to pick up a LE R1S with the exact same configuration I had reserved (FG, OC, 21). Should be delivered between 1-8 weeks.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

UPDATE: There are 4 Launch Green R1S's in my shop. All 4 are Launch Editions (duh...). All 4 are Ocean Coast. Two have the free upgrade to 22" bight wheels.

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
July 21 reservation and did a test drive last month. Still no shop access.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

UPDATE: There are 4 Launch Green R1S's in my shop. All 4 are Launch Editions (duh...). All 4 are Ocean Coast. Two have the free upgrade to 22" bight wheels.
If any of those had 20"s and an underbody shield (and if I had access which I was told I may be getting in a few days), I probably would have bought one of them.

Thanks for the update.

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Good to luck to everyone trying to snag their ideal build in the shop.

One suggestion I would make is go for the ocean coast interior. It’s a good way to try to get a late model build with 2023 driver side floor pan enhancement.

patri10719

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, Pacifica
Occupation
IT Architect
Clubs

I am a July 2021 and have a delivery date of Aug-Sep. Just requested shop access today and was denied. I am ready for delivery.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I am a July 2021 and have a delivery date of Aug-Sep. Just requested shop access today and was denied. I am ready for delivery.
Try chat and try phone. Try on different days.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs