Sponsored

R1S Rear Seat Covers for Kids and Dogs recommendations?

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Has anyone found any good seat cover solutions for the R1S second and third row? Key is maintaining functionality of the tilt / slide seats.

I have the Orvis rear seat cover in my R1T, and it has been excellent at protecting the seat from messy kids.

Any recommendations for R1S?
Sponsored

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
That review doesn't have any 2nd row or 3rd row covers (he only has the seatback and cargo area covers), but the same company now produces them: https://www.canvasback.com/r1s-2nd-row-bench-seat-cover.html

I'm trying to find a youtube review before I buy. I have two cheap Amazon/Chinese covers and they've proven "just fine" and lasted close to a year and for the most part they're in perfect shape. For $35 that's great. It is hard for me to imagine that something 5x the price is 5x as good.

The missing piece for me is captain's chair seatback protectors. My toddler's feet touch the back of the seat and the cheap bench seat covers I have include the optional "dog hammock" style section that hangs from the headrest of the shotgun position rider, which creates an awesome amount of protection, but I want something more custom fit than the flappy version I have now.

SFN8TE

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
CPA
Clubs

Beach towel. Fits perfectly between the carseats and the vehicle seats. Protects the seat material and catches crumbs. Cheap and easy to wash.

Sponsored

SFN8TE

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
CPA
Clubs

Didn't notice you also mention about the captain's chair seatback protectors. I have the same issue, but decided to live with it. They wipe clean easily with microfiber and mild soap.

OP
OP

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I have basically every product Canvasback makes for the R1S. My Rivian is no long Ocean Coast, but “Canvasback Black” (for now). Every single product is excellent. 2nd and 3rd row seat protectors are great.

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
Beach towel. Fits perfectly between the carseats and the vehicle seats. Protects the seat material and catches crumbs. Cheap and easy to wash.
Hahah bro that’s why I own black beach towels! But I graduated from those after my second or third wet spill from a toddler that soaked through where the seat was strapped. Water goes through cloth and on a road trip it’s not reasonable to pull the seat out and do laundry. Waterproof Chinese cheap fabrics for the win over the tradition towel :)

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
Didn't notice you also mention about the captain's chair seatback protectors. I have the same issue, but decided to live with it. They wipe clean easily with microfiber and mild soap.
So I’ve got the Builtright seat back device for my Raptor and it’s awesome. It protects the seat from show scuffs but also gives me much better mount points than the single weird Rivian hook. I wish I could get that, which would in turn let me mount various hammock style covers in much better ways.

Sponsored

pointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting R1T
@jkahlon You’re using these on the rear seats? How are you securing each? Are you using 2 or 3?

jkahlon

First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
I am using these on 4 seats, they go over the head support and also there is a clasp that goes behind the seat. If you are asking if I use these on seats 6 and 7 - no I am not as these seats are sparingly used.

theadonnan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🏎
I’m using a $15 blanket from Walmart to cover the cargo area. Keeping it classy.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I've seen a lot of nice solutions which cover the entire 2nd row but I have a child seat on one side. Do they make half or 3/4 covers for dogs?

Right now I have a moving blanket that I keep in the frunk (under the first layer) but would prefer another solution.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
That review doesn't have any 2nd row or 3rd row covers (he only has the seatback and cargo area covers), but the same company now produces them: https://www.canvasback.com/r1s-2nd-row-bench-seat-cover.html

I'm trying to find a youtube review before I buy. I have two cheap Amazon/Chinese covers and they've proven "just fine" and lasted close to a year and for the most part they're in perfect shape. For $35 that's great. It is hard for me to imagine that something 5x the price is 5x as good.

The missing piece for me is captain's chair seatback protectors. My toddler's feet touch the back of the seat and the cheap bench seat covers I have include the optional "dog hammock" style section that hangs from the headrest of the shotgun position rider, which creates an awesome amount of protection, but I want something more custom fit than the flappy version I have now.
Can you share what you have from Amazon? I agree that Canvasback looks nice and well-made but I'm not sure I need to spend 5x over.
Sponsored