Sponsored

R1S May/June Delivery Window

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

In-house lawyer here. That just can’t be true!

Also, it would take very little time to review the manual, especially as it’s not much different from the R1T’s. It’s been a week or two since that comment, which is well more than enough time to read and edit a pdf manual if that were the last step. But still no R1S deliveries.

If they have a backlog of R1Ses waiting and legal review is literally the only thing left to do before shipping, they’d get it done ASAP and hire outside counsel to work around the clock if any expertise is lacking in-house. Getting R1Ses out the door is one of the most important accomplishments to check off their list, they’re not going to dawdle.

Finally, they can update the thing over the air, so if they need to change something it’s not the end of the world.

So maybe legal review isn’t complete. But it can’t be the *only thing* holding back deliveries. We haven’t seen any R1Ses on trucks or service centers - they could at least be doing pre-delivery logistics while they wait for the manual if the SUVs were ready. But they haven’t… it’s just gotta be more than signing off on the manual.
Sustained...!
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

FWIW, I had a March/April delivery window, a guide, and a signed PBA. My guide thinks the first or 2nd week in June is likely for me to take delivery.
Close enough man.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

FWIW, I had a March/April delivery window, a guide, and a signed PBA. My guide thinks the first or 2nd week in June is likely for me to take delivery.
Let's start cleaning out the garage...

MD Waits

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover. Escalade.
Any R1S reservation holders get a first mile drive yet?

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

Technically I have not, but I did get a R1T test drive from our friendly neighborhood Ducktruck a couple weeks ago. Once again, Rivian community outperforming the Rivian corporate. ;)

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Technically I have not, but I did get a R1T test drive from our friendly neighborhood Ducktruck a couple weeks ago. Once again, Rivian community outperforming the Rivian corporate. ;)
How was it?

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
We did. They brought an R1T to our house and then told us it was similar. 🤨😝 Was good to drive an R1T, but obviously not a substitute for driving the R1S we have on order.

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

How was it?
First I was the passenger and and as we got on the freeway ramp he asked if I was ready.

I thought I was. Then he hit it at about 20mph. I was not ready. o_O

While getting pressed back into my seat I wondered if I was going to see spots.

My parents have had fast Acura. BMW turbo, Lexus coupe, a Mustang 5.0. Nothing like this. It was alarming.

After coming back off the freeway he kindly let me drive. I told him I would not be testing out the acceleration.

I liked the full regen setting but it took some adjustment: You are stopping, and soon. Compared to my 2013 FJ it's very smooth since I'm used to a tall box with little roll stability. ;)

I felt very lucky for his generosity so I didn't do much in the UI or HVAC stuff. I look forward to reading what comparisons there are between the T and the S in coming months.

I suppose that if Rivian said I could have a T now or the S in a year I would opt for the T now since I have always enjoyed trucks but I wanted the shorter S.

Sorry to go off thread topic, but I felt I should answer the question.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I had a test drive when i was still an R1S res holder (switched to an R1T after the test drive). To be clear the test drive vehicle was an R1T. Nobody has driven an R1S yet as far as I know.

Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Yes but of a R1T. Had to call/ask for the drive as well.
who did you call/ask for a drive? Everyone I ask CS, they say wait for an event near you🤷‍♂️

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
you have a guide? nice... still waiting on one...
I think they are April/May. AFAIK none of us (May/June, i.e. this thread) have one yet.