Sponsored

R1S looking more and more like Range Rover

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
The more I look at the R1S the more it reminds me of a futuristic Range Rover, like in these new pics. Subtle, strong, classy, boxy upright styling.

I have a deposit down for R1T but the R1S has totally grown on me and I'm predicting it'll be difficult to choose once I have to make that decision.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S looking more and more like Range Rover Rivian R1S SUV2
Rivian R1T R1S R1S looking more and more like Range Rover Rivian R1S SUV1
Rivian R1T R1S R1S looking more and more like Range Rover Rivian R1S SUV
Sponsored

JG Rivian

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Performance Model 3 (2018)
Agreed that R1S does look similar in design to the full size Range Rover. I like the R1T but the R1S is more my style. If I were to go the truck route I would probably want it to be a little larger like the Ford Raptor. Size not necessary, but I always said if I bought a truck it would need to be a big one just for the fun of it!

I hope that green with black contrast roof makes it into final design options. This combo with the dark wood interior would be a fantastic combo.

Ricky35

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Occupation
IT
Nice pics. This one angle made me realize for the first time that the R1T has more of a fender flare or wider fenders than the R1S.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S looking more and more like Range Rover Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 11.03.55 PM

Aslan

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Just watched the feature today. Was nice to see the new inside pics and to see how gargantuan that glass roof is!

Some other small things that were aesthetically appealing: the DRL extend to the front of the rear view mirror casings as well on some of the shots, and it appears the brake lights are not just the single line in the back but have a second bolder light on the sides, almost like a bright slit underneath which I presume aids in visibly showing difference between braking and the normal tail light.

jacobh

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.besustainable.com
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, Model X
Occupation
Web Design + Development
Rivian is going to take over the Pacific Northwest with these.
An outdoor adventure vehicle that looks better than a Range Rover w/ more capability and 600+km range? Theres no way Range Rover could compete with that unless they offered Range Rovers & Velars with the same 100% electric range.
Sponsored