Featured Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder

Discussion in 'Rivian General Discussions' started by Administrator, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Vehicles:
    Rivian
    This past January, Rivian made a short film with Ben Moon (photographer/director) and a few other friends, documenting their off-the-grid adventure in the R1T and R1S in Colorado's backcountry. Watch the whole piece here and get a behind-the-scenes look at the fun.

Looking for Powder
    Documenting our off-the-grid adventure in Colorado's backcountry

LINK TO FILM: https://stories.rivian.com/looking-for-powder

Some views at the R1S and R1T from the feature short film.

Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure1.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure2.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure3.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure4.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure5.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure6.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure7.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure8.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure9.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure10.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure11.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure12.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure14.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure15.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure16.jpg Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure17.jpg

SpinDoc7 likes this.
  2. A Hawk

A Hawk Active Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicles:
    BMW i8
    Nice piece and video. Wish there was more footage of the Rivians especially showing how they deal with the snow and rougher terrain though. But I get that they want to convey the lifestyle and joy that Rivian will bring us future owners :)

3. SpinDoc7

SpinDoc7 Member

Vehicles:
    Subaru Outback XT LTD
    Ugh. I'm just not this cool, or photogenic. Nor will my future R1T likely ever see this terrain. But I still think the truck is fantastic, the design is spot-on, and I'm rooting for Rivian to succeed. For us mere mortals to graduate to "ambassador" status, though, is a stretch. Bogus Basin, or Hidden Valley, in my Dbag flannel and mismatched outerwear accessorized with duct tape - now you're talkin.' Got to cut corners for that R1T payment somehow. ;-)

RefugeEV likes this.
  4. RefugeEV

RefugeEV Active Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicles:
    2013 Cayenne
    :CWL: So true. But happy to see more footage of these beautiful trucks.

That panoramic roof is huge! That's great and all but I have two concerns - it doesn't look like there's a retractable shade and it looks crazy reflective. A retractable shade would help heat buildup from having the entire roof being glass (even if tinted) and would cut down on the inside reflection.

5. PoorPilot

PoorPilot Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2018 Model X / R1T & R1S Reservation Holder
    #5 PoorPilot, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Maybe they’ll have something like the Model X? The front windshield is huge, but it comes with a slip on visor that we end up leaving on year round because it cuts down on glare and keeps the temperature down. The windshield is already pretty tinted towards the top, but the visor helps.

6. franke

franke Member

First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicles:
    Lotus Elise
    I've seen the Model X slip on sunscreen visor and I don't think that would work for a window panel this large. It would likely sag in the middle.

Best method of providing extra sun protection would be if they made a built in screen that can be open/closed fully or partially with the push of a button. Of course that adds cost and complexity but having a manually operated sunscreen seems out of character for how upscale the R1S interior seems.

7. PoorPilot

PoorPilot Well-Known Member

Vehicles:
    2018 Model X / R1T & R1S Reservation Holder
    I think a motorized screen would add to much complexity to the design and potentially block some of the available real estate.

My X screen is pretty rigid with tabs all the way around to keep it in place pretty firmly. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what they come up with, or some type of aftermarket product.