First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
Took delivery of my R1S 21" Quad in early January. Have barely driven it lest I chipped paint as I waited for my appointment for full PPF install last week.

PPF installer kept her for 9 days. Got it yesterday. So worth the wait.

This is my third vehicle with PPF installed; previous two installs I considered excellent. The one on my R1S is beyond excellent, as close to perfection as it gets.

What my R1S got:

Full body 10 mil Xpel U+, include all trim, lights, sills. Every single piece of trim, including all the black piano finish pieces all around. Even the chrome trim got PPF

Opti-Coat Pro+ ceramic coating on PPF, wheel barrels, brake calipers. Even the aero wheel covers got coated!

Emblem templating, Removal, perfect Re Install badging (Rivian charged a pretty penny).

Considered not including the "RIVIAN" badging, but it just did not look right for me without them.

Had all-around ceramic window film installed preiously also; 70 for windshield.

The one and only local XPEL installer paid attention to the most minute details. Did some paint correction; even redid the hood because he noticed a minor paint blemish after PPF had gone on.

The PPF install truly is stunning, a work of art.

Now she is all ready for driving. At last.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Finally Ready for Driving with Full PPF Installed! RIVIAN R1S WITH PPF
Sponsored

TigerWuxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
looks great. When all said and done, how much is the total cost?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
looks amazing!

FYI mine has no PPF and drives just fine ;)

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Any chance you will share total cost?
I can't answer the OP's cost, but we have the R1T and had the front, the quarter panels, and Mirrors PPF'd. Also had the windows tinted and it ran us $5,000........and it drives fine with it......LOL

OP
OP
bigsky

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
looks great. When all said and done, how much is the total cost?
Total cost was $11.7k.
Previous XPEL full PPF installer for my other two EVs would have charged $10.8k.
What I did not realize is the fair amount of trim pieces, big and small, to PPF on the R1S. It is not just PPF on paint.
Basically, every shiny piece on the R1S that is not glass or plastic either bottom or on bumpers got PPF with ceramic coating. Coating on entire wheels and calipers also.

OP
OP
bigsky

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
I can't answer the OP's cost, but we have the R1T and had the front, the quarter panels, and Mirrors PPF'd. Also had the windows tinted and it ran us $5,000........and it drives fine with it......LOL
I had the windows on my R1S tinted, including the windshield for $500
Full-body PPF for my R1S, XPEL 10 mil cost more than twice what you paid for your partial wrap.
By comparison, my installer would have charged exactly the same that Rivian wanted for front PPF.
Checked around for alternatives; one outfit offered to fully wrap and coat my R1S for $3k. I don't think so.
The only XPEL-certified installer in town and whom I chose definitely took pride in his work to the point of even stripping PPF off the hood and redoing it because he did not catch a couple of paint blemishes on it.
The PPF craftsmanship and detailing on my R1S is second to none. It is a work of art. And again, every single shiny piece of trim on my R1S besides painted panels got PPF and ceramic coating from bumpers to all piano black trim, to the chrome trim around windows.

[edit]
Another thing that happened. While checking around in nearby towns for another quote from an XPEL-certified installer, the one I did find in the next town over actually recommended that I went to the local installer I used instead!

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Looks great but more pictures please.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigsky

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
Looks great but more pictures please.
Here is another one. It has been cloudy and overcast since getting her back, but even so, she still looks so mighty shiny.
Cannot wait to take photos when it is sunny.
I like the wheels better without the aero covers (that also got ceramic coated) even if that causes a small range reduction. Already ordered the wheel center caps.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Finally Ready for Driving with Full PPF Installed! RIVIAN R1S FULL PPF 2

Last edited:

TigerWuxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
Thanks for sharing. I thought about full PPF for my R1S but hard to justify spending 10 to 15% of vehicle cost on PPF.....

Total cost was $11.7k.
Previous XPEL full PPF installer for my other two EVs would have charged $10.8k.
What I did not realize is the fair amount of trim pieces, big and small, to PPF on the R1S. It is not just PPF on paint.
Basically, every shiny piece on the R1S that is not glass or plastic either bottom or on bumpers got PPF with ceramic coating. Coating on entire wheels and calipers also.

OP
OP
bigsky

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
Totally understandable. Full PPF may not be for everybody. For me, it was precisely because the vehicle cost so much that wanted to keep it looking good (this is a keeper).
And I appreciate what PPF and ceramic coating both do. My other two EVs, two and three years old, also full XPEL and ceramic coating, still look even better than when I took delivery of them. Not one single solitary paint ding and still mighty shinier than on day one. And no elbow grease needed ever to keep them shiny, no waxing ever again, either.

jimmyb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Express AWD, Lexus RX450h, Rivian R1S
And no elbow grease needed ever to keep them shiny, no waxing ever again, either.
How do you plan to clean/wash it? Power wash, hand wash, drive thru car wash? And is that how you cleaned your other two?

Did you ever have any issues with the ppf on your other two … peeling of the ppf, un-self healing scratches/cuts, or significant shrinkage of the ppf that actually pulled away from wrapped edges?
Sponsored