eDad_R1S

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LS w/ OC
Hi all,

I picked up my R1S on Wednesday and put 500 miles on it this weekend on a camping trip.

Question - Has any seen or had good luck with blackout shades for the windows to darken the interior for sleeping in the back? I tried searching the forum but I wasnt turning up any good results.

Thanks,
Happy new R1S owner

PS - i will add that I have experienced zero problems so far. June ‘23 new build. Great driving experience, no charging issues, wind noise is more quiet than my ford fusion at 80mph, panel gaps good, everything opens/shuts well, infotainment is good, highway assist was great - only worked on major highways but wow did it make long distance highway travel relaxing, camp mode worked well but I was surprised by the 1% per hr overnight energy draw when holding temp (air) at 70 with outside temp at or below 70.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Maybe use a foldable windshield shade and clip them to the grab handles?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I have seen some for the R1T, but not the S yet. You could get yourself a roll of foam core radiant barrier and make your own. That is basically what is sold, with a binding on the edges.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
EVannex has a set for the R1S, I used them camping a couple of weeks ago. They attach with suction cups.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S - Camping privacy window cover suggestions 36851427-5080-4CBD-BD0F-0BB2B2C25ACC
R1S sunshades

Last edited:
OP
OP

eDad_R1S

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LS w/ OC
Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try out EVannex

Sponsored

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
They fit ok, Not great. Could use a few millimeters of adjustment here and there on some of the templates.

They are a bit bulky to store when not in use.

They do Very effectively isolate the cabin when in place. I was Very comfortable in a crowded (and noisy) campground.

I’ll get some pictures when get back to the car. Currently traveling (in the wife’s ICE car because none of the EA stations on this route are reliable).
Sponsored