Sponsored

theHoff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 LE R1S
I got all excited a couple weeks ago when I finally got a guide assigned and the email to lock my configuration. My guide sent the PBA a couple of days later.

My guide (who has been very responsive and proactive) called last week, just as others have noted, to offer a different configuration (it seems like no R1S's were built in the first batch with 21" wheels). I really want the 21's so decided to wait.

When I texted her this morning about time running out in my delivery window (Aug-Sep) she said they "are expecting to be pushing out another large batch of R1S vehicles in early October". Hopefully I will be part of the next batch, but looks like I will for sure miss the Aug-Sep delivery window.
Sponsored

Richland Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ 2022 Volvo XC60
This is mostly good news. I have to admit I get a little frustrated that pre-order date really doesn't matter much. As a June 2019 R1S LE reservation holder I am seeing a number of people later in the ordering process getting vehicles. Still crickets for me. Hoping the October-December holds. Keep us updated on your progress and congrats!

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
This is mostly good news. I have to admit I get a little frustrated that pre-order date really doesn't matter much. As a June 2019 R1S LE reservation holder I am seeing a number of people later in the ordering process getting vehicles. Still crickets for me. Hoping the October-December holds. Keep us updated on your progress and congrats!
That is good news. Also confused as an 11/2018 R1S LE/LG/20AT/BM preorder holder in the bay area. No updates about timing of delivery or any movement, offers of alternative configs etc. I've seen several here in the bay area and chatted briefly with an owner (non-employee) who pre-ordered 11/20 (2 years later) with the identical config. Hopefully soon.

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
I hope this is true. 3/2019 reservation holder. Oct-Dec eta. Still havenā€™t heard anything. I see another local in my area get the same configuration coming next week. However they ordered 10/2020. A year and a half after me and get delivery before? Makes no sense. Iā€™m happy for them winning the Rivian lottery.

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Iā€™m an August 2020 LE R1S. My Guide suggested it may be a while since I am one of a handful of Compass Yellow. He kind of said it without actually saying it.

Darrellbu

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volkswagen Touareg TDI
That is good news. Also confused as an 11/2018 R1S LE/LG/20AT/BM preorder holder in the bay area. No updates about timing of delivery or any movement, offers of alternative configs etc. I've seen several here in the bay area and chatted briefly with an owner (non-employee) who pre-ordered 11/20 (2 years later) with the identical config. Hopefully soon.
I ordered 11/2018 as well and just assumed my getting skipped to other, later preorder folks was my config of LE/Elcap/22SB/FE. But your config is exactly what they said would be a priority build. I don't get it but feel the frustration.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
How come you get Aug-Sep delivery estimates? Did they think Kirkland is closer to Bellevue than Issaquah? ;)

I mean I have no problem waiting until December but trying to understand how Rivian is prioritizing šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
I'm a 6/19 reservation holder as well. Initially Apr/May and now OCt/Dec estimated delivery. Trying to patiently wait but its hard seeing some 2020 folks getting their R1S' before us. I'm in STL only 2 hours from Normal.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
How come you get Aug-Sep delivery estimates? Did they think Kirkland is closer to Bellevue than Issaquah? ;)

I mean I have no problem waiting until December but trying to understand how Rivian is prioritizing šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø
It seems priority is based whatever configuration they decide to build. Then, those with reservations similar to those being built AND near a SC will get called to get ready for delivery. For those that have similar configuration and near the same SC, whoever ends up getting one appears to be random.

GR

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
It seems priority is based whatever configuration they decide to build. Then, those with reservations similar to those being built AND near a SC will get called to get ready for delivery. For those that have similar configuration and near the same SC, whoever ends up getting one appears to be random.

GR
Thatā€™s gotta be infuriating. Since there are no FE R1Ses yet, Iā€™m not experiencing it just yet.

TBH, what is getting me is seeing pics of delivery trucks full of R1Ts (but no R1Ses) on the road. Iā€™ve been waiting for 3.5 years and sure wish Rivian would prioritize early R1S orders over 2021 R1T orders now that theyā€™re making both. I get that there are decent reasons for that, I just donā€™t like it!

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
We are a November 2018 pre-holder as well. Told October to December delivery. Very frustrating since I reserved 10 minutes into the launch announcement way back when...

My guide is just giving out "canned" responses in emails and on the phone right now. Do not know why we are still waiting behind people that have not had a reservation as long. Some are saying that orders with the extra under body protective option are getting them now.

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22ā€ black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
May 2019 preorder here as well. White, ocean coast interior, 22ā€ black wheels configuration. Ordered the same day as my R1T which I received in June due to a shop selection after being invited there.

I would like to see them offer a shop for the R1S as well. So far was just told first half of 2023. Assumed it was due to ocean coast interior.

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
I ordered 11/2018 as well and just assumed my getting skipped to other, later preorder folks was my config of LE/Elcap/22SB/FE. But your config is exactly what they said would be a priority build. I don't get it but feel the frustration.
12/18 order here, also in the Bay Area. I have 21" wheels on my order- but I think I've seen some R1S getting delivered with the 21s. Either way I had a messaging exchange with my guide. According to him- everyone should get an updated delivery window by the end of the year.

I voiced my frustration and the response was interesting as he noted my zip code is exactly 30 miles from the South San Francisco Service center. They might be starting with deliveries closest and then moving out.

I hope they open the San Francisco service center ASAP because then I'd be like 10 miles away! If that is in fact the major criteria... probably not.

On a side note I also added the underbody shield which according to my guide changed my delivery timing. I still have a October-December window but now I'm not sure if that is accurate anymore.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I'd love to see a batch include mine. Oct-Dec window. Pretty common spec - GW/BM/20s, relatively close to Orlando service center. I saw one in my exact build at the Orlando SC in photos a few weeks ago, still anxiously awaiting the initial guide contact. Hopefully all of you 2018 and 2019 orders get them s00n as well.
Sponsored