PSA for early preorder holders close to a SC waiting for Shop access

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
  • Banned
If you are like me - waiting for shop access with a R1S preorder date almost 3yrs old or more… a little tip and special shout out to @jayazusa. I felt like this deserved a new thread because I hope it helps even one other frustrated person.

I asked via email, via chat, via phone for Shop access and kept getting denied with excuses. I went to the Service Center to ask for a nudge as per a recommendation from two others here but specifically went today because of jay.

Well.. that went well. They made the call, got me approved, and wouldn’t you know it my exact configuration showed up in real time in the shop and I pulled the trigger within seconds. I’m excited, I’m still a little in shock over it and while the last few years were testing on patience.. I hope for anyone else in a similar position that a trip to your friendly SC will do you a favor.

Rivian R1T R1S PSA for early preorder holders close to a SC waiting for Shop access IMG_3228
Sponsored

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

I’ve had good luck with visiting the local service center. Polite nudges on timing, order status, getting a first mile drive, etc. Just show up, ask, don’t be a Karen/(insert male equivalent here).

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Congratulations!!!

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
If you are like me - waiting for shop access with a R1S preorder date almost 3yrs old or more… a little tip and special shout out to @jayazusa. I felt like this deserved a new thread because I hope it helps even one other frustrated person.

I asked via email, via chat, via phone for Shop access and kept getting denied with excuses. I went to the Service Center to ask for a nudge as per a recommendation from two others here but specifically went today because of jay.

Well.. that went well. They made the call, got me approved, and wouldn’t you know it my exact configuration showed up in real time in the shop and I pulled the trigger within seconds. I’m excited, I’m still a little in shock over it and while the last few years were testing on patience.. I hope for anyone else in a similar position that a trip to your friendly SC will do you a favor.

IMG_3228.png

I am so happy they got you take care of, I will say I think customer service and guides are really being stretched now that production is ramping, so let’s be kind but also let’s keep pushing them to get better. I know service centers are busy but they are the boots on the ground and the face of rivian local. Based on what I see at the service centers they are busy and don’t have enough space hope they are planning another one already in Phoenix.

Congratulations RivianNowPlz another one in Phoenix sOOn

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

IMG_3228.png
so you just showed up and you were able to speak to someone? what did you ask them exactly?

Sponsored

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
Is Denver the only SC that is locked 24/7? I guess you could still ask to speak to someone, but would be a bit of an akward interaction.

OP
OP
RivianNowPlz

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
  • Banned
so you just showed up and you were able to speak to someone? what did you ask them exactly?
I was just checking out the vehicles waiting for them to make the first intro. Upon that, the conversation evolved from my interest to sharing my preorder date and some pain points. I asked if there was anything they could do, they said not much, we got to talking more and eventually they said if they had some incoming orders from the shop they could likely see what they could do for me. I thought it was just them being nice, but if I’m being honest it was more so just me BS’ing and planting the seeds and letting them work for me. Worked out.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs