Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, RAM EcoDiesel, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Any idea on how many trucks they are manufacturing in a week? After RJ's video of the R1Ts awaiting delivery, you'd think there would be more posts about folks getting their trucks. I have a Jun-Jul22 delivery date for an R1S, just wondering if that is still realistic. I've waited this long(9/28/19), what is a few more months?

On a fun note, my 83 year-old father managed to get a VW ID.4 early from a local dealer that had a cancellation. He says it's the best car he's ever owned. Also, I helped my father-in-law trailer his new Mini Cooper SE (only 110mile range; purchased in Houston) to San Antonio.

Y'all take care,
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I am really hoping to hear the production numbers for the R1S.
Communication has really dried up.
Communication is at regular Rivian level.

Don't expect any production numbers until the Q4 report.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
At least 1. We have no idea when the trucks in RJ's video were built and how long they've been sitting there. Pretty much have to wait until March for the Q4 earnings report to get some better numbers, assuming they say anything then. Technically they could hold off until the Q1 earnings report in April or May to reveal January build numbers.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

At least 1. We have no idea when the trucks in RJ's video were built and how long they've been sitting there. Pretty much have to wait until March for the Q4 earnings report to get some better numbers, assuming they say anything then. Technically they could hold off until the Q1 earnings report in April or May to reveal January build numbers.
I would expect them to report in March. They did give end of year production in early January so there is some precedent for early data. Analysts will ask at the q4 call, so we will get a number since it is very important for investor sentiment - both R1s and EDV numbers.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
All the trucks in the video are reserved for Jeff Bezos. He drives each for a day then torches it so he can have a new truck each day.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Communication is at regular Rivian level.

Don't expect any production numbers until the Q4 report.
This!! definitely standard practice for Rivian.

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
I would expect them to report in March. They did give end of year production in early January so there is some precedent for early data. Analysts will ask at the q4 call, so we will get a number since it is very important for investor sentiment - both R1s and EDV numbers.
doubt they will make that mistake again!

Reactions: Guy

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Just a quick tribal observation.

I'm in south OC, SoCal. Everyday when I am out and about, I see at least one Rivian truck (have not seen R1S). Have no idea what the production numbers are but they are being delivered.

The whole thing reminds me of when Model S started being delivered in early 2010s (I think it was around 2012). I would see one here and there first, then every time I was on the road. Before I knew it it was a common place to see Model S.

I realize I'm in the auto capital of the world in terms of consumption so its not the average sampling but it is definitely an indicator...

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
200/week when they have the lines re-optimized.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser

FatSal

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I just placed an order this month, so I was trying to figure out how fast they might be able to ramp to satisfy the 71000+ orders in front of me. I think using the Tesla Model S or Model X ramps as a guide might work.

I tend to be optimistic that Rivian can ramp faster than the Model S. I'm hopeful they can ramp faster than the Model X which means I might have my car by the end of 2024. Fingers crossed.

Rivian R1T R1S Production numbers per week? 1643313639485

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I just placed an order this month, so I was trying to figure out how fast they might be able to ramp to satisfy the 71000+ orders in front of me. I think using the Tesla Model S or Model X ramps as a guide might work.

I tend to be optimistic that Rivian can ramp faster than the Model S. I'm hopeful they can ramp faster than the Model X which means I might have my car by the end of 2024. Fingers crossed.

1643313639485.png
Unless I've missed something, the last official word from Rivian was all preorders by end of 2023.

They are also supposed to hit max production at the. End of 2023, ~1300 R1 vehicles a week.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001874178/000119312521321716/d157488ds1a.htm
Sponsored