Sponsored

Prepare for the Digital Purchasing Process - Time to get excited?

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
To my surprise, I also got the "A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian" email this morning. I'm a March 2021 R1S and last week changed to an R1T thinking it might move up delivery. I have not been assigned a guide, nor have I been asked to lock down my configuration. Chatted with CS, who told me: "Okay, so if there aren't any links embedded in this email inviting you to lock your configuration. You will be provided an invite to do so shortly after this one. Once you receive that email to confirm and lock your configuration, a Guide will be assigned to you shortly after." I had made peace with the idea I would probably only get a Rivian (R1T or R1S) sometime in 2023, and now this email - don't want to get my hopes up high, only to realize once again Rivian continues to struggle with its comms learning curve.....
I got the same email yesterday morning (Before the R1 Shop thing). Definitely got my hopes up! No guide assigned yet, or any other indication that things are moving.
Sponsored

Varuca-TX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Colorado Duramax - 2001 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Real Estate
I got the same email yesterday morning (Before the R1 Shop thing). Definitely got my hopes up! No guide assigned yet, or any other indication that things are moving.
So, would you say this email was the first indication that the process was about to kick off? I read that 20" wheels were in short supply - I changed my configuration yesterday... Today I received the "A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian" email -

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
So, would you say this email was the first indication that the process was about to kick off? I read that 20" wheels were in short supply - I changed my configuration yesterday... Today I received the "A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian" email -
Do you have a guide? I got the email shortly after I was assigned a guide

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For me, absolutely. But thats not always the case. I got that email June 7, Had guide contact & 8 steps open on 6/13, and took delivery on 6/18! very fast turn around last week

Varuca-TX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Do you have a guide? I got the email shortly after I was assigned a guide
No guide assigned yet - but, I hope I will shortly if this email is an indication - I Literally changed to 21" wheels late last night

Sponsored

Varuca-TX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
For me, absolutely. But thats not always the case. I got that email June 7, Had guide contact & 8 steps open on 6/13, and took delivery on 6/18! very fast turn around last week
Thank you - gives me hope that the next few weeks will be fun

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Gigawatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fast ones

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

You probably shouldn't post your Guide's email in public. You don't want people and bots spamming his account and slowing him down.
I appreciate your concern. I didn't post the exact email address for that reason.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Hi all,

I am new here.
Ordered R1T in Nov 2018. Recently changed to Forest Edge interior due to the delays to Ocean Coast.

We were allocated a Rivian guide over 6 months ago and yesterday finally got the below email.......does this mean we might be close?
There isn't anything additional in our Rivian Account yet.

Hi,

One of the best parts of our work as Rivian Guides is helping you get ready for your new Electric Adventure Vehicle. We’ve been ramping up production at our manufacturing campus in Illinois, and we’re excited that your R1 is almost ready to go.

The next step before delivery is for you to complete the digital purchasing experience. Hosted within your Rivian Account, it includes everything you need to take ownership — from title and registration to financing, insurance, final payment and deciding where and when you’d like your R1 delivered.

We’ve designed the experience to be smooth, seamless and intuitive, and to make it easier we’ve made a checklist of the personal and vehicle information you’ll need for each step. Having the required information ready will help you complete the purchase process faster and ensure no delays to delivery.​

If you have any questions about the digital purchasing experience or how delivery works, please feel free to reach out directly — I’m always happy to help.

Thanks again for being part of the Rivian community, and we can’t wait to get you on the road.​
Welcome! Several folks have demonstrated in the forums how to use DevTools with Edge or Chrome to look behind the curtain so-to-speak at your Rivian account. It's the easiest way to stay on top of things or just get a good look at where you are in the process.

Here is the link to the directions:
Using DevTools with Edge or Chrome

I finally got around to doing this after my Estimated Delivery Window moved up a few months. for the basics, what you are looking for will appear in the Search window under the configurationStatus filter you create. You are looking for items that begin with "graphql". There may be several. In my case I found the info under the graphql that began with "userid".

It should look something like this...
"urls": {},
"orderSnapshots": [
{
"id": "xxxxxxxxx",
"total": 80675,
"paidTotal": 1000,
"subtotal": 80675,
"state": "CONFIGURED",
"configurationStatus": "CONFIGURED",
"currency": "USD",
"orderDate": "2021-09-20T00:59:57.853Z",
"type": "PRE_ORDER",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": null,
"vehicleId": null,
"invitedToSelfConfirm": null,
"eligibleForNewVehicleInventoryMarketplace": null,
"urls": {},

If your order is moving along, as I suspect it is, then several of the items highlighted in red should have a different answer than what you see above.

Good luck!
Sponsored