Sponsored

PRE-ORDER: BEDSIDE RACK SYSTEM - CAB WALL MOLLE PANEL KIT from BuiltRight Industries.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Preorders are now open for the cab wall Molle panel kit from BuiltRight Industries. The owner has an R1T of his own, so has been working on this solution which I think could be really useful in providing more points to secure cargo to (in number and configuration). They plan to continue developing other cargo related solutions as well (including custom brackets for mounting to the OEM crossbars).

https://builtrightind.com/products/...u1Z_PbJeQjG9gG7cA7pBRkaDz7VxxoPHNtQb4=.LNangU

Some informational videos:

3D Scanning the R1T Bed - https://youtu.be/j9tX0JLVEIw

Designing the R1T Cab Wall MOLLE Panel - https://youtu.be/c2wfp87Lc1E

Attaching things to the panels easily - https://youtu.be/opd9RGkVewM

Our most popular clamp size - https://youtu.be/fODt1yOeeGQ
Sponsored

rivian_panda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Genius, Millionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
this is cool. im down looking for more solutions to use the bed

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Overkill for most, I'm just going to use two pieces of aircraft track to mount bikes like what was posted here before but glad people are developing cool solutions for the Rivian.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Maybe if Rivian intended those "mounting points" to be used this way, they may have had a solution.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Maybe if Rivian intended those "mounting points" to be used this way, they may have had a solution.
I've already asked that question and received the following response:

Great question! The bolts are sized to stay within the threaded insert that's installed from the factory in that panel, so as to not impact the tonneau cover.

I believe Rivian did intend for them to be used this way, otherwise why would there be easily accessible threaded inserts placed around the cab? I wouldn't be surprised to see Rivian developed accessories using them to show up in the Gear Shop either.

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Why bother with a fork mount if you cannot close the tailgate....
My thoughts exactly. Along the same lines as a taking stand up tire pump when there's an on board air compressor in the bed.... :) (I'm sure he's just trying to highlight the uses for the Molle).

My bigger question is what load rating are they comfortable giving the Molle rack using those mount points?

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Because there are still many bikes that will allow for closing the tailgate, i.e. smaller frames (adult or just any kids bike) and/or smaller tires.

builtrightind

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Since you asked:
Rivian R1T R1S PRE-ORDER: BEDSIDE RACK SYSTEM - CAB WALL MOLLE PANEL KIT from BuiltRight Industries. IMG_2524.JPEG

And yes, the bike pump (and the bike, really) was just to grab something to demonstrate utility. Although, when I've had to air up bike tires, I haven't bothered with the compressor hose/kit/etc.

We'll be doing a more official release next week with some additional detailed information regarding installation and use. You guys have been really supportive so far, so I'll also be reaching out to the site admin to get setup as a sponsoring vendor.

Matt

Sponsored

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Since you asked:
IMG_2524.JPEG

And yes, the bike pump (and the bike, really) was just to grab something to demonstrate utility. Although, when I've had to air up bike tires, I haven't bothered with the compressor hose/kit/etc.

We'll be doing a more official release next week with some additional detailed information regarding installation and use. You guys have been really supportive so far, so I'll also be reaching out to the site admin to get setup as a sponsoring vendor.

Matt
This is awesome, Matt. Thanks for developing it and offering it to us Rivian owners. I'm excited to put one in my truck.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Very well done. I wanted these on my Ram but I ended up with a Decked system and couldn't fit them. When does the pre-order end? One comment, I would use some anti-seize on that stainless hardware though.
Sponsored