First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

I just have to share something amazing.

I had my R1T for about a month and discovered a myriad of issues. To make matters worse, a post at an EA station jumped out and bit the driver's door, the first ding to mark it's passing from being a brand new vehicle to a daily driver.

Most of the issues were minor like door latch adjustment, tailgate adjustment, etc.

Some were more important, like the service suspension tell-tale and my camp speaker being locked in my console.

They fixed nearly everything, save for a rattle they couldn't find. They even took care of the panel alignment I requested but, honestly, they adjusted one gap that threw off another.

So far so good, pretty normal service after weeks long wait.

But as it came off the trailer afterward I noticed something spectacular.

THE BODY SHOP REMOVED MY DENT (!!!) For free! Without asking!

My baby is pristine once again!

Lastly, the contact I had in Phoenix - Jacob - was phenomenal and kept me updated all the while. Great to work with.
Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I also had excellent service when my R1t was in the shop this month. I rate it A++

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I had an EA post also lunge at my door and leave a dent.... Dent Wizard fixed it....but not for free! That level of service Rivian provided is very impressive!

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

I had an EA post also lunge at my door and leave a dent.... Dent Wizard fixed it....but not for free! That level of service Rivian provided is very impressive!
The little bastards are sneaky! They hide right below the bottom of the window where you don't see them after you've spent 30 minutes trying to find the correct parking angle for the one working charger that is inevitably in the wrong orientation.

And then they attack as soon as you step out!

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Be very careful at the Mojave EA station. They’ve installed a solar canopy and huge post that are a challenge for larger vehicles. I doubt a Hummer can charge there.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
It doesn't help that it seems, at least the 3 EA stations I have been at, all seem designed for Livewires and maybe Bolts. And they put the big juice right in the middle so us Rivian, Hummer, and Lightning types, are all on top of each other.

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Okay now on a related note... Not so positive. I can no longer get my auto-up feature for the rear windows to work and have tried the calibration trick. I recalibrated the front but it won't take on the rear.

My seat memory is also non-functional, now.

Soft reset didn't change anything.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Okay now on a related note... Not so positive. I can no longer get my auto-up feature for the rear windows to work and have tried the calibration trick. I recalibrated the front but it won't take on the rear.

My seat memory is also non-functional, now.

Soft reset didn't change anything.

Any ideas?
Okay turns out the rear window calibration has to be done on the actual rear window buttons and not the buttons on the driver's door panel.

Issue number one solved.

Is there a calibration procedure for the seat, as well?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Okay turns out the rear window calibration has to be done on the actual rear window buttons and not the buttons on the driver's door panel.

Issue number one solved.

Is there a calibration procedure for the seat, as well?
There is, but it isn't publicly avaliable yet. Can you describe the situation WRT the memory seat restoration?

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

There is, but it isn't publicly avaliable yet. Can you describe the situation WRT the memory seat restoration?
I can set the memory position with the "remember" button, move the seat around, exit/lock the vehicle. Upon return, it will not move to the position associated with my profile.

I called support and tried soft reset as well as hard reset. No luck.

Infotainment recognizes my position; when I manually move the seat past my memory position the button blinks grayed-out.

The infotainment system appears to correctly set my seat memory, but the signal to move the seat appears to be interrupted.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

The little bastards are sneaky! They hide right below the bottom of the window where you don't see them after you've spent 30 minutes trying to find the correct parking angle for the one working charger that is inevitably in the wrong orientation.

And then they attack as soon as you step out!
Food for thought. Why don't posts have rubber bumpers?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I can set the memory position with the "remember" button, move the seat around, exit/lock the vehicle. Upon return, it will not move to the position associated with my profile.

I called support and tried soft reset as well as hard reset. No luck.

Infotainment recognizes my position; when I manually move the seat past my memory position the button blinks grayed-out.

The infotainment system appears to correctly set my seat memory, but the signal to move the seat appears to be interrupted.
This is supposed to be addressed in the newest build, 2022.23.3. Have you had the update pushed yet?

OP
OP
cjbot3000

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

This is supposed to be addressed in the newest build, 2022.23.3. Have you had the update pushed yet?
I saw that and, no, hasn't been pushed. This was only an issue after service appointment so I was hoping it was an easy fix like the window calibration.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Have the EA dent as well. I’ll give Rivian a chance to remove it when they fix the tickets. Great story!

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I just have to share something amazing.

I had my R1T for about a month and discovered a myriad of issues. To make matters worse, a post at an EA station jumped out and bit the driver's door, the first ding to mark it's passing from being a brand new vehicle to a daily driver.

Most of the issues were minor like door latch adjustment, tailgate adjustment, etc.

Some were more important, like the service suspension tell-tale and my camp speaker being locked in my console.

They fixed nearly everything, save for a rattle they couldn't find. They even took care of the panel alignment I requested but, honestly, they adjusted one gap that threw off another.

So far so good, pretty normal service after weeks long wait.

But as it came off the trailer afterward I noticed something spectacular.

THE BODY SHOP REMOVED MY DENT (!!!) For free! Without asking!

My baby is pristine once again!

Lastly, the contact I had in Phoenix - Jacob - was phenomenal and kept me updated all the while. Great to work with.
Good to hear, kudos to your SC.
Sponsored