Sponsored

Poll: How many service center visits did your R1 require in the first year of ownership?

In the first year of ownership, how many Service Center Visits has your Rivian needed?

• Total voters

RoadRunner

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Audi A6
Clubs

Asking for all prospective buyers, especially those of us who live hours from a service center.

Please only respond to the poll if you have had your Rivian for a year or more. Things that were (or could have been) addressed by Mobile Service do not count, only looking for the # of times it HAD to go to a service center.

If you've had it less than a year, please feel free to comment below with how long you've had it, how many service center visits (if any), and how long it was there for each one as that info will be helpful as well.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

3. One to pick it up (didn’t want to wait), one for each of two recalls. Everything else was mobile service, except for a broken window which I had replaced at a local collision repair center.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

*NEEDED*? None.

I had one “minor inconvenience items” visit, one recall visit that was performed at a pop-up, not the service center (and they offered mobile service of it for those far from service centers.) Plus one crash-repair that was minor enough and I didn’t want to deal with a body shop.

Tarball

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T - LA Silver
Occupation
Cloud Stuff
I’m 8 months in, 5 so far, 4 times for air suspension. Have another coming up. Always the same damper blowing out. No off-roading - just highway, about 3200 miles tot so far.

But my experience seems to be an anomaly.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

None, but only because it would've been a hassle. Had alignment, wheel balance issues and some minor squeaks, but nothing major.

Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
None. Mobile service performed 2 recalls at my house. Another mobile service call recalibrated my front passenger window and performed a 5- tire rotation since he was already at my house.

OP
OP

RoadRunner

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Audi A6
Clubs

Thanks for all the feedback, please keep it coming! So far we're at 30 respondents and only 23% have not needed a service visit in the first year. I'd love to get 100+ or even 1000+ responses to get a better idea of what the chances really are...thanks!!!!

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
3 shots at alignment, 1 for the recall, and a squeaky seat. I could probably have had the alignment done at a 3rd party shop faster and better.

It’s going in again tomorrow for another squeaky seat and the tonneau.

So in the first year: 3, and another 1 tomorrow (4 over 13 months)

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’m 6 months and 5200 miles in so I didn’t vote In the poll, but I have not needed service of any kind, nor even called the service phone yet.

One night after driving in heavy rain for about an hour I got an error message that the cameras were unavailable but I did an infotainment reset and it went away.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I like the idea of this poll. Might consider separate polls in the future: for example for critical issues (vehicle undriveable has to be towed or left me stranded), non-critical drivetrain issues, and other. I’ve had none in the first category, thankfully.

alameli

First Name
Melinfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rt1
Occupation
Management
Clubs

Asking for all prospective buyers, especially those of us who live hours from a service center.

Please only respond to the poll if you have had your Rivian for a year or more. Things that were (or could have been) addressed by Mobile Service do not count, only looking for the # of times it HAD to go to a service center.

If you've had it less than a year, please feel free to comment below with how long you've had it, how many service center visits (if any), and how long it was there for each one as that info will be helpful as well.
Thanks!

Rivianut

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Pilot
We have and R1T that was very early build. It needed 3 visits. My mother in law just took delivery of hers a couple months ago, it’s needed nothing. I think they have a lot of the kinks worked out at this point, in our experience.

alameli

First Name
Melinfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rt1
Occupation
Management
Clubs

The service center is Chicago is inconvenient as far as the location. On top of it they waste the customers time by not having rental vehicles available and requiring you to take your time to get the rental vehicles. If you want to be big don’t be small Rivian!

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2022 Zero FXE
I got mine at the start of June, so just about 5 months now.

it’s been into service 4 times so far.

1. fix a failed AC compressor that happened on a hot drive the first month.
2. Fix a ton of small things that were wrong at delivery, some rear bumper damage, panel gaps, trim lose, some interior issues, rattles, alignment, squeaking steering wheel
3. Interior rattle they didn’t fix in the 2nd visit and a panel gaps that I still didn’t consider fixed.
4. Air suspension issues, damper replaced.
Sponsored