Sponsored

POLL: How many refused (or wished you had) delivery due to quality control...

Did you accept or refuse your vehicle?

• Total voters

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Model 3, CX-9
Getting my R1S next week and was just looking over the inspection checklists people have put together. Got me thinking....

For those of you who had the opportunity to get your vehicles, how many of you ended up refusing delivery due to noticing quality control issues with misaligned panels, bad paint, etc? and how many of you WISH you had refused?

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about finding things that were just SO bad you just couldn't accept it on day one
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Accepted!.. had tons of issues after receipt (drive unit/AC/panel/suspension rattles/etc), but SC took care of all of them ~4mo ago and no regrets so far (~9k mi) A couple new issues have showed up, but mostly cosmetic and can wait till next opportune service visit ..

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
JFC

OP
OP
greatdane1588

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...and to clarify it isn't a matter of saying "hey I do or don't like my Rivian" but rather "they tried to give me a faulty/below avg quality vehicle and I had to say no I'll wait for the next one"

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I would not have refused the delivery unless there was something egregious. Rivian has a very robust warranty and I had no doubts that anything that I wasn't happy with would be resolved after delivery.

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Accepted mine and love it - zero regrets 5 months / 5,000 miles later.

Like most folks, I've got a few cosmetic issues that have been there from day 1 (frunk alignment, panel gap, minor trim gap, black mesh dash rattle) but nothing urgent and plan to schedule a SC appointment for those soon, but honestly haven't even done that yet because they're all pretty minor & I didn't want to have to spend any time away from the truck during the first few months because it's just such a damn pleasure to drive.

Zero mechanical, systems, or other major issues to date (knock on wood).

OP
OP
greatdane1588

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would not have refused the delivery unless there was something egregious. Rivian has a very robust warranty and I had no doubts that anything that I wasn't happy with would be resolved after delivery.
Yeah to that point I'm just wondering how many poeple (if any) found things that were egregious during pickup or shortly after

Rknb2000

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Accepted! Two months old, 3300 miles. Noticed 3 of the 4 spots of PPF need replaced, and a small scratch. Have service request made up, but too far to drive just for these little things. After delivery found 1 problem, service came to my house and fixed. (Full time RVer)! Love it!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
The delivery driver backed into a tree with mine and dented the tailgate before I ever saw it. I guess that would be an obvious right to reject delivery and they even gave me the option. It's not like it was some penny ante panel gap it was a legit dent. They acknowledged they did it, noted it on the paperwork and filled out a work order.

I accepted that they said they would fix it in a timely manner and appropriately and they absolutely did so. I have no regrets on going with the truck because although I had a few bumps in the road my R1T is hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned by a large margin. No truck has the right to handle as well as it does and be as agile as it is. I have 80% of a sports car and 100% of a regular pickup plus the comfort and features of a German luxury brand

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
8 months 10k miles, still extremely happy with my R1S.

My Rivian purchase experience the fit, finish, and reliability is on par with any of the new vehicles I have purchased over the last 50 years from multiple brands (GM, Subaru, Mini, Jeep, Tesla).

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
I picked up mine last month, loving it!! But I’ve found a few minor gaps and misaligned panels. Wouldn’t have rejected it for these. Anyone had them fix the misaligned panels? Wondering if I will have to live with them or it will be rectified.

dmbfan21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KIA Telluride
Occupation
Director
Clubs

Just a word of warning on waiting on those cosmetic issues. I dropped my R1S off finally, after 9 months and 16K of driving for rear light recall, tire rotation, and a few cosmetic issues. I was told that cosmetic issues are no longer fixed unless they are brought up in first month of ownership. Luckily mine are not terrible and I can live with them. I was having so much fun with the truck I just didn't want to turn her in for silly cosmetic repairs. This was at the Chelsea service center.

love2scuba

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model S, Volvo XC90
Funny, my wife and I were just discussing this is the first car, or large purchase for that mater, that we never had even a hit of buyers remorse. Some minor issues that were taken care of after delivery, but zero regrets. Love my R1T!

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
Just a word of warning on waiting on those cosmetic issues. I dropped my R1S off finally, after 9 months and 16K of driving for rear light recall, tire rotation, and a few cosmetic issues. I was told that cosmetic issues are no longer fixed unless they are brought up in first month of ownership. Luckily mine are not terrible and I can live with them. I was having so much fun with the truck I just didn't want to turn her in for silly cosmetic repairs. This was at the Chelsea service center.
Good to know. I’m about to hit my 1 month in a couple days, will schedule today. Thanks!!
Sponsored