Payment Method

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Again, it's because you clearly don't know the difference between what is safe and what isn't. Implying the Rivian process is unsafe is FALSE. There is not even a little bit of truth there. If you don't want to do it because you don't know how to tell between safe and unsafe fine, but don't act like there's a chance the Rivian process is unsafe, it IS safe.

For fuck's sake stop talking out of your ass.
More explaining that you were done with. Stop lying and misrepresenting simple facts. None of what you just posted really helps any of your arguments, but again, it's not what you posted and not what you were interested in. How do you expect them to get into your account with your username and password, if you don't give them your username and password? No one was wondering that.

All kinds of different people have all kinds of different opinions on what safe is and what it means to them. Going online and giving your bank account and password to second and third party companies you're not familiar with is going to be less safe. Just saying the internet offers credential encryption and doesn't save your passwords. Doesn't mean much. But as you said, just don't click on the wrong link, internet security solved. It doesn't matter what it is. If you're not familiar with it, you have to take your own time to look up the companies involved. Look up and see if there's any issues with doing it and that still doesn't make you 100% perfectly safe. Most people aren't going to take the time.

It's not ignorant and there's no misunderstanding and people not wanting to give out their social security number or their address or their bank account with their password if they don't have to, is the best way to stay safe. The more you give out that information, the more likely it is for somebody that shouldn't have it to have it. You're never going to get around that. I don't care how much you like, Rivian and their third party company. I never said any company in particular is super unsafe. That was never the issue. But again, none of this is the point. It's for you to post and say people are ignorant misinformed. And then the attacks and the expletives and so on.
Sponsored

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I did, I uploaded the image of the check once I picked it up and did a factory delivery, handed them the check on my delivery.
Off topic, but what was the state of charge at the factory delivery? I am doing a factory pickup on Friday, with a 150 mile drive home to Chicago. I'm assuming they'll have me charged up to at least 70%?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
More explaining that you were done with. Stop lying and misrepresenting simple facts. None of what you just posted really helps any of your arguments, but again, it's not what you posted and not what you were interested in. How do you expect them to get into your account with your username and password, if you don't give them your username and password? No one was wondering that.

All kinds of different people have all kinds of different opinions on what safe is and what it means to them. Going online and giving your bank account and password to second and third party companies you're not familiar with is going to be less safe. Just saying the internet offers credential encryption and doesn't save your passwords. Doesn't mean much. But as you said, just don't click on the wrong link, internet security solved. It doesn't matter what it is. If you're not familiar with it, you have to take your own time to look up the companies involved. Look up and see if there's any issues with doing it and that still doesn't make you 100% perfectly safe. Most people aren't going to take the time.

It's not ignorant and there's no misunderstanding and people not wanting to give out their social security number or their address or their bank account with their password if they don't have to, is the best way to stay safe. The more you give out that information, the more likely it is for somebody that shouldn't have it to have it. You're never going to get around that. I don't care how much you like, Rivian and their third party company. I never said any company in particular is super unsafe. That was never the issue. But again, none of this is the point. It's for you to post and say people are ignorant misinformed. And then the attacks and the expletives and so on.
Awww poor you. Don't even know what my argument is because you're clearly incapable of understanding it. It is not an opinion based argument. You say that you can decide what is safe by looking it up yet you declare something unsafe. Nice job talking out of both sides of your mouth. Stop spreading bullshit on here.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Off topic, but what was the state of charge at the factory delivery? I am doing a factory pickup on Friday, with a 150 mile drive home to Chicago. I'm assuming they'll have me charged up to at least 70%?
Mine was at 95%

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I hope both stop and don’t keep trying to have the last word. Then we can refocus on the main thread.

Sponsored

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Awww poor you. Don't even know what my argument is because you're clearly incapable of understanding it. It is not an opinion based argument. You say that you can decide what is safe by looking it up yet you declare something unsafe. Nice job talking out of both sides of your mouth. Stop spreading bullshit on here.
More lies, more cussing and more put downs. No need to feel sorry for me. I keep telling you I'm not ashamed. I'm just disappointed. I do feel a little sorry for you. We both know what you were doing and you can't own up to that. There's no way for you to do that obviously.

I think I've done a pretty good job explaining that it's not 100%. Then you take that part one small part of trying to make sure you're safe and I said wasn't going to be 100% and go, Oh you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. No, I'm not. You know I'm not.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
More lies, more cussing and more put downs. No need to feel sorry for me. I keep telling you I'm not ashamed. I'm just disappointed. I do feel a little sorry for you. We both know what you were doing and you can't own up to that. There's no way for you to do that obviously.

I think I've done a pretty good job explaining that it's not 100%. Then you take that part one small part of trying to make sure you're safe and I said wasn't going to be 100% and go, Oh you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. No, I'm not. You know I'm not.
All you're doing is taking everything I say and spinning it around. Are you capable of an original thought? Write me another paragraph telling me how not ashamed you are. Maybe I'll believe you next time.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
All you're doing is taking everything I say and spinning it around. Are you capable of an original thought? Write me another paragraph telling me how not ashamed you are. Maybe I'll believe you next time.
Again, you're misrepresenting what I posted and what was said. I would never believe or trust anything you say at this point and I don't care if you believe me or not. I wasn't talking out of both sides in my mouth. You took one piece of the post and knowingly misrepresented it. I'm replying to the incorrect misleading posts. I know you can never admit to anything like that here, but maybe next time when you see a post you don't like or any post just think, what can I do to help these folks out. Not, how can I make myself feel superior.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Again, you're misrepresenting what I posted and what was said. I would never believe or trust anything you say at this point and I don't care if you believe me or not. I wasn't talking out of both sides in my mouth. You took one piece of the post and knowingly misrepresented it. I'm replying to the incorrect misleading posts. I know you can never admit to anything like that here, but maybe next time when you see a post you don't like or any post just think, what can I do to help these folks out. Not, how can I make myself feel superior.
I don't need to make myself feel superior when talking to you, that much is abundantly clear. Stop spreading misinformation on the forum. Stop whining when being called out on it. That's really what it boils down to here. Grow up, stop lying and move on. All these back and forth whines are not solving anything.

Telling you you're wrong wasn't for your benefit at all. I already told you that, it's to protect the integrity of the forum from bad information from uninformed participants. Don't want to be the recipient of such things anymore? Stop spreading bad information. I'm not going to apologize for cleaning up the feces you've thrown on the floor with your bad posting.

It's your issue that you're all up in your feels over being corrected, not mine.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I don't need to make myself feel superior when talking to you, that much is abundantly clear. Stop spreading misinformation on the forum. Stop whining when being called out on it. That's really what it boils down to here. Grow up, stop lying and move on. All these back and forth whines are not solving anything.

Telling you you're wrong wasn't for your benefit at all. I already told you that, it's to protect the integrity of the forum from bad information from uninformed participants. Don't want to be the recipient of such things anymore? Stop spreading bad information. I'm not going to apologize for cleaning up the feces you've thrown on the floor with your bad posting.

It's your issue that you're all up in your feels over being corrected, not mine.
You never corrected anything and then you went off and started cussing and saying all kinds of things and now it's just you telling me I was wrong. Stop lying and looking for excuses to tell people you think you are better than them. Just like the talking out of both sides of my mouth and whatever else you lied about or exaggerated. You're not being honest and that's all there is to it. You didn't explain or solve or fix anything. From your first post you weren't interested in helping. How do you expect them to log into your account with your username and password? If you don't give them your username and password. Oh wow, everybody was wondering about that. No, nobody was asking that.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
You never corrected anything and then you went off and started cussing and saying all kinds of things and now it's just you telling me I was wrong. Stop lying and looking for excuses to tell people you think you are better than them. Just like the talking out of both sides of my mouth and whatever else you lied about or exaggerated. You're not being honest and that's all there is to it. You didn't explain or solve or fix anything. From your first post you weren't interested in helping. How do you expect them to log into your account with your username and password? If you don't give them your username and password. Oh wow, everybody was wondering about that. No, nobody was asking that.
They don't log into your account because YOU do. That's what that window is, YOU logging into YOUR bank account. When you go through the process the portal switches to your bank account meaning YOU are authorizing that transaction and authenticating it with your bank. The third party is just a facilitating service.

Like I said, you don't understand how it works an you need to stop spreading misinformation on here.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
They don't log into your account because YOU do. That's what that window is, YOU logging into YOUR bank account. When you go through the process the portal switches to your bank account meaning YOU are authorizing that transaction and authenticating it with your bank. The third party is just a facilitating service.

Like I said, you don't understand how it works an you need to stop spreading misinformation on here.
Your first post made no attempt to explain anything. And all your later posts show what you're after, letting everybody know how much better you are than everyone else. When are you going to clean up all that?

Then in the next post just saying again. Oh you got to log in to log in. Great. That's not the issue. Nobody asked about that. Go ahead and describe how it's supposed to work. Great. That's not the issue.

I never said it doesn't work like that. I told you in my first post but you keep going on and then go totally nuts and about what?

Their front end or portal or whatever you want to call. It's still a second or third party that I'm not happy with having to deal with. It says by providing the credentials to THEM you're enabling THEM to retrieve your financial data. And like I said from the beginning it doesn't matter how it's supposed to work or if it does work. I am not going to add extra exposure to my home address, my social security number, my bank account or my password. I never said anything about not trusting them specifically or exactly how any part of the security is supposed to work.

There is no misunderstanding how internet security works. Like I said in my first post, that was never the issue. You are more safe by not giving out your personal info, if you can possibly help it. I'm not going to click on links and go to portals that connect to my bank to second or third parties and give them my info and passwords, if I can ever help it. Good grief. There is no misinformation here. Just your childish behavior.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Your first post made no attempt to explain anything. And all your later posts show what you're after, letting everybody know how much better you are than everyone else. When are you going to clean up all that?

Then in the next post just saying again. Oh you got to log in to log in. Great. That's not the issue. Nobody asked about that. Go ahead and describe how it's supposed to work. Great. That's not the issue.

I never said it doesn't work like that. I told you in my first post but you keep going on and then go totally nuts and about what?

Their front end or portal or whatever you want to call. It's still a second or third party that I'm not happy with having to deal with. It says by providing the credentials to THEM you're enabling THEM to retrieve your financial data. And like I said from the beginning it doesn't matter how it's supposed to work or if it does work. I am not going to add extra exposure to my home address, my social security number, my bank account or my password. I never said anything about not trusting them specifically or exactly how any part of the security is supposed to work.

There is no misunderstanding how internet security works. Like I said in my first post, that was never the issue. You are more safe by not giving out your personal info, if you can possibly help it. I'm not going to click on links and go to portals that connect to my bank to second or third parties and give them my info and passwords, if I can ever help it. Good grief. There is no misinformation here. Just your childish behavior.
Says the person talking without any knowledge of how the credit card or banking processes work. I don't care about the rest of your comment stop being wrong and spreading wrong information

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Says the person talking without any knowledge of how the credit card or banking processes work. I don't care about the rest of your comment stop being wrong and spreading wrong information
The principles governing internet security are well understood, as mentioned in my initial post. The primary issue at hand was never misunderstood. It's a general rule to enhance your safety by minimizing the divulgence of personal information whenever possible. I'm inclined to avoid clicking on links and accessing portals that establish connections between my bank and third-party entities, and then proceed to share my sensitive information and passwords with these parties. This is a prudent approach. The discourse here is not muddled with misinformation, but rather, it's your behavior that exhibits immaturity.

Joe Hoffman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S & 2013 CMAX Energi Plugin
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

FYI: Cashier Checks are actually not guaranteed funds. There's a small window where the check can be cancelled, so some recipients don't like them and simply prefer ACH. I know there's public perception that casheir checks are guaranteed, but unfortunately that's not the case. I ran into this reality when selling an expensive RV, luckily the buyers were ethical and all worked out.
Sponsored