Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

RJ Scaringe's update on R2 reservations so far (since reservations opened yesterday at 10 am PST / 1 pm EST):

Overwhelmed by the wonderful response to our new vehicles: R2, R3 and R3X.
In less than 24 hours, we’ve taken more than 68,000 R2 reservations. We are thrilled to see this vehicle resonate so strongly with our community!

Sponsored

Last edited:

carsly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
It's no Cybertruck, but neither is any compact SUV. Solid showing, no doubt, and that should be 2026 production if all orders hold.

one44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I was hoping for north of 100k, but not bad at all.

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of reservations by current owners and new to Rivian though. I'd hope that the majority are new to Rivian, but also think many current owners, like myself, put in reservations as well.

Model 3 was definitely a bigger "moment" due to the fact that it was the first compelling EV that was going to be available at lower price point. Tesla benefited greatly by being out earlier and riding that initial wave, whereas Rivian now has to compete much harder.

Sponsored

Guuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ID4, Lynksys Gravel Bike
Huge numbers! Can't wait for more details to come out.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I hope they do a little marketing to help spread the word about the R2. Articles were showing up about the vehicle in the auto press but not much in the mainstream media. I imagine the vast majority of vehicle shoppers in the U.S. haven't heard of Rivian and especially don't know about the R2 announcement.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of reservations by current owners and new to Rivian though. I'd hope that the majority are new to Rivian, but also think many current owners, like myself, put in reservations as well.
The stats in our R2 Reservations Tracking List shows that about 75% of R2 reservation holders are existing R1 owners, while 25% are new to Rivian.

See more R2 reservation stats at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r2-reservations-list-tracker-📋.24890/

Rivian R1T R1S Over 68,000 R2 reservations in less than 24 hours so far Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 6.18.45 AM

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Rivian needs to put in "reserve R2 now and it can transfer to R3 if you don't want it." Number will be double !!!

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I was hoping for north of 100k, but not bad at all.

Model 3 was definitely a bigger "moment" due to the fact that it was the first compelling EV that was going to be available at lower price point. Tesla benefited greatly by being out earlier and riding that initial wave, whereas Rivian now has to compete much harder.
TBF it hasn’t been 24 hours yet. I think RJ is hoping the spike in the share price won’t reverse and perhaps continue this morning.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
For context, the Model 3 hit 180k reservations after being open for 24 hours
I feel like not enough people know Rivian exists. Tesla was talk of the town back when model 3 and Y launched. A lot of that was due to Elon being Elon

GogglesPisano

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

GogglesPisano

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I feel like not enough people know Rivian exists. Tesla was talk of the town back when model 3 and Y launched. A lot of that was due to Elon being Elon
That’s proven to be a double edge sword also unfortunately. I’d rather have a more stable ceo and a steadier rise.
Sponsored