Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

MSW Type 52 in gunmetal
1699982099165.png
Does it need the hub centric rings?
I wish they had a satin/matte black version of these, not sure what I think about gunmetal on the FG color

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Does it need the hub centric rings?
I wish they had a satin/matte black version of these, not sure what I think about gunmetal on the FG color
What an excellent question, I don't think so but looking back at the other thread (saw you asked there too today so won't link you back there as I intended) I don't see a firm answer. I reached out earlier to MSW/Oz but they are in Italy so probably closed for the day already. I'll add that to my query when they get back to me!

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

What an excellent question, I don't think so but looking back at the other thread (saw you asked there too today so won't link you back there as I intended) I don't see a firm answer. I reached out earlier to MSW/Oz but they are in Italy so probably closed for the day already. I'll add that to my query when they get back to me!
Appreciate it!
If they don't need them then that may be all I need to pull the trigger. Otherwise I will likely go with EVSportlines as they have a decent discount with free shipping for Black Friday.

Smeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (Quad Motor, Granite
Occupation
physician
Just spoke with Tire Rack while I swapped my Radius order to MSW.
1. If anyone wants black Radius wheels, they now have 4 new ones to order. Ready Set GO!
2. They wouldn't mount either wheel to the 115T rated snow tires because they are 116 in the system for all three OE Rivian load ratings. No luck talking them into the original 115 22" load rating. Has anyone had luck convincing them online to mount 115s?

Thanks!

Edit @Smeek and @dilettanti Saw your earlier posts regarding 115 winter tires. if you have any contact that worked there or advice on what they reviewed to okay mounting them that would be helpful! Thank you
I will DM you

Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
I also checked again about the max load for Radius and MSW:

Radius: 1125 kg
MSW: 1150 kg

So MSW is marginally better.

Actually, EVsportline R800 is 1150 kg as well.

Last edited:

shaodx

First Name
Dexin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software Developer
I also checked again about the max load for Radius and MSW:

Radius: 1125 kg
MSW: 1150 kg

So MSW is marginally better.

Actually, EVsportline R800 is 1150 kg as well.
The load index of 1150kg is 113. Is it ok for Rivian 116 load index tire?

Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
The load index of 1150kg is 113. Is it ok for Rivian 116 load index tire?
Great question that I can not answer. As both tire rack and evsportline use 1150kg rims and approved them for rivian - I would guess that calculation of load index is not the same for rims and tires.

If anyone more knowledgeable can chime in and explain that ,- would be great

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
Hello,

asking for advice - any reason to choose WI35 over MSW Type 52?

cabbey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X; Smart fortwo
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Great question that I can not answer. As both tire rack and evsportline use 1150kg rims and approved them for rivian - I would guess that calculation of load index is not the same for rims and tires.

If anyone more knowledgeable can chime in and explain that ,- would be great
If you look at the placard on your truck it will show the GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) for the front and rear axles. My truck has 1875 kg front, 2250 kg rear. Divide that by two to get a weight limit per wheel of 937.5 kg front and 1125 kg rear. Goto the look up tables for tire/wheel weight ratings... 937.5 is just over the limit for #105, so I need at least 106 front, 1125 is just over the limit for #112, so I need at least 113 rear. 113 weight rating is, conveniently, 1150kg. I suspect TR and EVSportline both did the same math I just did (honestly I did it about a week ago for my own quest to find snow tires and wheels) and went with 113 all around so you can rotate without worries.
Sponsored