mkennedy1996

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
When you start backing up from the start of deliveries, things will move quickly:

70 Days or less Until Order Confirmation: It would seem that order confirmations would need to start at least 30 days before first delivery in order to plan production, allow for financing and possible trade-ins.

40 Days or less Until Test Drives / Hands On Access: Most of the reservation holders will want to at least have the ability to sit and drive (or least be driven) in the vehicle before finalizing an order. To get reservations holders to a location to do this with time to decide on their final order, you need about 30 days to get the first groups through the process.

I also reserved my Signature Model X years before delivery. With that car, I was able to confirm my order 90 days before delivery and then was able to touch one and ride in (Not drive) one 85 days before delivery.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Expecting deliveries to begin June 1 is simply setting yourself up for disappointment. June 15 or June 20 would be a more realistic goal without being too pessimistic by saying June 30.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
When you start backing up from the start of deliveries, things will move quickly:

70 Days or less Until Order Confirmation: It would seem that order confirmations would need to start at least 30 days before first delivery in order to plan production, allow for financing and possible trade-ins.

40 Days or less Until Test Drives / Hands On Access: Most of the reservation holders will want to at least have the ability to sit and drive (or least be driven) in the vehicle before finalizing an order. To get reservations holders to a location to do this with time to decide on their final order, you need about 30 days to get the first groups through the process.

I also reserved my Signature Model X years before delivery. With that car, I was able to confirm my order 90 days before delivery and then was able to touch one and ride in (Not drive) one 85 days before delivery.
I'm just going to assume your timeline is the same as Rivian's, and I now expect Rivian to stick to it.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Maybe on June 1st they will finally reveal the "Launch Green" paint job! :blush:

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Maybe on June 1st they will finally reveal the "Launch Green" paint job!
Nope. It will be delivered wrapped with a bow by people wearing dark suits, sunglasses, and ear pieces.

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

I'm a pessimist... Late June first deliveries. And I'm fully expecting my number won't deliver till fall (Dec 2019 reservation).

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I don't know about you guys, but I think the Launch Green is fugly! Especially if you also ordered the Forest Green Interior for an extra $2000! Yuck!
As far as deliveries go, nobody has yet mentioned if Rivian is going to have a stockpiles of R1T's available at launch? Or are they going to be delivered as they come off the assembly line?
Does anybody know? and how many can they build initially per day, week or month?

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
I can't imagine any reason to stockpile them. Drive it off the line to the delivery area and let the new owner's drive them away. No need for delivery trucks, and those of us picking up at the factory get first crack at them! :clap:

Once they run out of factory delivery buyers they can start arranging to ship them, but still no reason to stockpile.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Whataboykie, I have Forest green interior on launch green currently configured! Now I'm second guessing. I think everyone is finding it difficult to configure with all the info. It seems like since we were given start dates for deliveries 6/15/2021 and completion of launch edition deliveries 12/31/2021 we are only missing the # of launch edition preorders to be able to interpolate some data. My guess is 12K on launch editions and there will be some kind of ramp up to fulfill what Rivian has stated. If it were linear delivery from 6/15 with 12000 LE Rivian would need to deliver 65.6 per day.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

until I finally see it for a final decision, my LE R1T is configured with Launch Green and Forest green interior. I really don't care if Waterboi likes it or not. :like:

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

100 days is a bit freaky for how little information we have! I know we'll get a bomb of info closer to launch but hey, we're pretty close.

Agreed on factory deliveries! GM can charge for a Corvette factory delivery, and I'd pay $500 for take delivery at the factory if it came with a tour. Then I could take a cross-country trip to really learn the vehicle!

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I can't imagine any reason to stockpile them. Drive it off the line to the delivery area and let the new owner's drive them away. No need for delivery trucks, and those of us picking up at the factory get first crack at them! :clap:

Once they run out of factory delivery buyers they can start arranging to ship them, but still no reason to stockpile.
I will one way ticket and Uber to Normal!