First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
MD
I love the quick access window that pops up but shouldn’t Rivian add a one button to close all windows on there? I know you can do it in the app but this would seem so much better to me.
They have one open spot and could always make more.

Rivian R1T R1S One button to close all windows? image
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

The other spots are reserved for smoke screen and ejector ejection seat. S00n.

Last edited:

KingSize

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla P85
Occupation
Self
How about a way to child lock rear windows, not all? Maybe there is and I'm missing it.

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

The other spots are reserved for smoke screen and ejector ejection seat. S00n.
This is what happens when the Rivian sees a CyberTruck....I'll show myself out!

Rivian R1T R1S One button to close all windows? 1716765132966-gx

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
On the R1T with a power tonneau all of the spots are used. I would also like more options and the ability to pick and choose.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

"Alexa, close all the windows". Yeah, that probably won't work.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
I love the quick access window that pops up but shouldn’t Rivian add a one button to close all windows on there? I know you can do it in the app but this would seem so much better to me.
They have one open spot and could always make more.

image.jpg
I’m not sure if you’re the type to carry the fob (I’m not), but you can open or close windows by double clicking unlock (for open) or lock (for close). You have to click twice and then hold the second click for a bit (click-click-hold~3s-voila).

My 2002 Audi used to have this feature for window venting/closing windows while you walked away if you forgot—which seemed like very forward thinking from the era. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this on the loaner R1S I had for a couple weeks (with only a fob).

I personally don’t think I could go back to fob life. I also wish I could customize some slots on the quick menu (even though mine are full with an R1T). You should be able to add a row and make the drawer a little wider if you so choose.

On a totally different note (while we’re on random little UI/UX feature requests): why don’t they have an “oscillating fan” feature? While I think motorized vents are a completely unnecessary over-complication that nobody needed, the least they could do is actually add oscillated air functionality now that they’ve spent the money/effort to motorize airflow direction. That seems like some low hanging fruit to me!*

*Granted, this is purely from the perspective of an armchair engineer/designer—the motors may well not be able to handle that kind of cycling. If that is the case, then they should have spent just a bit more money on ones that can, since I believe they would be the first to offer this feature that seems so obvious to me!

Last edited:

Sponsored

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
since I believe they would be the first to offer this feature that seems so obvious to me!
I like the creative suggestion. However, Rivian would not be the first. Mazda had oscillating center vents in the 626. The button was labeled as “swing”.

We had a late 80’s model with this feature.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
I like the creative suggestion. However, Rivian would not be the first. Mazda had oscillating center vents in the 626. The button was labeled as “swing”.

We had a late 80’s model with this feature.
That is so cool! (but not too cool on your arm, while you have a sweaty forehead or an icy kneecap with sweaty palms 🙃). But seriously—if Mazda could swing it in the 80s, then I’m sure these motors could handle it!

Here’s a bigger idea: I wish there were a solid platform for Rivian to ingest owner-generated feature requests with a voting system that allow others to bump suggestions up to a threshold where Rivian engineers/designers would vet said concepts for potential feasibility, after which the ideas could undergo a second round of voting for prioritization. Basically a “let the best/feasible/most popular idea rise to the top” platform within the app for future software build integration.

I know devs are very busy with new product development, bug squashing, etc. but democratizing UI/UX/feature set improvement in an organized and intentional way would put Rivian in a class of its own in the industry, as far as I can tell. Rivian is already clearly invested in Kaizen-style iterative product improvement (at least regarding software design), so why not crowd-source the best ideas from the wider Rivian owner community for additional future content?

If well implemented, I could see this improving customer engagement, investment, retention, and trust while likely bringing new, novel ideas to the table that wouldn’t otherwise have any channels through which to trickle up to Rivian (currently existing on support tickets/forums/reddit/twitter/live events/etc.). There doesn’t seem to be a downside (other than time/money to administrate/manage), with plenty of potential upside.

Last edited:

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Wait, the windows roll back up?
Sponsored