Sponsored

Official Photos: Jeep WagoneerS EV SUV (Updated w/ Interior)

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Looks like a lyriq copy to me. I love a Jeep, but wouldn't go near one of their first EV attempts.
I feel the same way, avoiding Jeeps first EV attempts. But I had enough confidence to buy from a brand new company that had never built or serviced vehicles before.
Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

If there is a third row hiding in there, it's pretty small.

I really wonder about the 400 mile range estimate with only 118kwh. 3.4 miles per kwh. Are there any other vehicles of this size with that level of efficiency? Model X maybe?
Aw yea no problemo, lol
Rivian R1T R1S Official Photos: Jeep WagoneerS EV SUV (Updated w/ Interior) 20240114_164140

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Look - I’m a simple guy. I see a Stellantis / Fiat Chrysler / Daimler Chrysler / whatever the dumpster fire wants to call itself next decade and I avoid at all costs.
For a guy so risk averse, I find it amusing that you'd purchase an EV from a start-up without any guarantee of reliability or more importantly, a future. Hate to say it, but the jury's still out on Rivian. I hope they'll still be around 5 years from now, but who knows for sure?

Dustyshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
For a guy so risk averse, I find it amusing that you'd purchase an EV from a start-up without any guarantee of reliability or more importantly, a future. Hate to say it, but the jury's still out on Rivian. I hope they'll still be around 5 years from now, but who knows for sure?
the difference is that Rivian is an unknown - could go either way. Stellantis is a known and what you know you’re getting is garbage and headache.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I feel the same way, avoiding Jeeps first EV attempts. But I had enough confidence to buy from a brand new company that had never built or serviced vehicles before.
I wouldn't avoid. My Jeep dealer is amazing both on sales and service. And we have 3 Wranglers and not one has had a problem of any significance.

Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
the difference is that Rivian is an unknown - could go either way. Stellantis is a known and what you know you’re getting is garbage and headache.
That's pretty silly logic....Let's see....do I want to buy an $85K+ vehicle from a start-up with no reliability or service history whatsoever and take the chance that my vehicle won't be obsolete in a few years if the company folds, or do I want to buy a vehicle from a well-established company that's been around forever and is very much profitable and will be able to service my vehicle 10 years from now? Yeah, that's great logic.

And for what it's worth, I went from 4Runners to Grand Cherokees more than a decade ago. I'm currently on my third Grand Cherokee in a row and not one of them has had a single issue. So no garbage and no headaches for me. If my Jeeps were garbage, I would have went back to 4Runners, but I haven't yet and probably never will because my Jeeps have all been super reliable. My 4Runners were mostly reliable, but the big issue with them is that the frames rust to the point that they rot out after a few northeast winters. But other than that, I really liked my 4Runners, despite the fact that they are pretty low tech and simple vehicles.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
I wouldn't avoid. My Jeep dealer is amazing both on sales and service. And we have 3 Wranglers and not one has had a problem of any significance.
Same here, but with Grand Cherokees. Not a single issue on any of them.

But honestly, I'd still wait a couple of years to buy an EV from them, but not because of the brand, just because any first edition of a vehicle will normally have issues that are corrected later on. On the other hand, I'll never buy a 4xe Jeep because I don't want all the complexity that goes along with an ICE and electric drivetrain.. I'd much rather have one or the other instead of both, so no hybrids for me (from any brand), but that's just me. Obviously there are a lot of people that like them and buy them.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales

But honestly, I'd still wait a couple of years to buy an EV from them, but not because of the brand, just because any first edition of a vehicle will normally have issues that are corrected later on. On the other hand, I'll never buy a 4xe Jeep because I don't want all the complexity that goes along with an ICE and electric drivetrain.. I'd much rather have one or the other instead of both, so no hybrids for me (from any brand), but that's just me. Obviously there are a lot of people that like them and buy them.
I avoided 4xe also. We have all Pentastar V6, but I have family with the 2.0t and they have all been trouble free too.

I love Jeep, but like you...probably would avoid a first year BEV. Went all in on Rivian however since the product was so compelling. And I got a really good one so far....knock on wood dash....

Dustyshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
That's pretty silly logic....Let's see....do I want to buy an $85K+ vehicle from a start-up with no reliability or service history whatsoever and take the chance that my vehicle won't be obsolete in a few years if the company folds, or do I want to buy a vehicle from a well-established company that's been around forever and is very much profitable and will be able to service my vehicle 10 years from now? Yeah, that's great logic.

And for what it's worth, I went from 4Runners to Grand Cherokees more than a decade ago. I'm currently on my third Grand Cherokee in a row and not one of them has had a single issue. So no garbage and no headaches for me. If my Jeeps were garbage, I would have went back to 4Runners, but I haven't yet and probably never will because my Jeeps have all been super reliable. My 4Runners were mostly reliable, but the big issue with them is that the frames rust to the point that they rot out after a few northeast winters. But other than that, I really liked my 4Runners, despite the fact that they are pretty low tech and simple vehicles.
cool story. My first car was a Plymouth and I am completely soured on the company and my experience is the opposite of yours. You’re welcome to feel however you want to feel. I’m just sharing that I feel that Stellantis group is eternally blacklisted for me personally (along with VW. Everyone else is open for my consideration set)

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
cool story. My first car was a Plymouth and I am completely soured on the company and my experience is the opposite of yours. You’re welcome to feel however you want to feel. I’m just sharing that I feel that Stellantis group is eternally blacklisted for me personally (along with VW. Everyone else is open for my consideration set)
I can understand that to a certain extent.... but Plymouth? I mean, are we talking 1970s or something? That's some grudge to hold considering that Plymouth hasn't been around for decades now.

Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta

I just purchased a 2023 GC-L Summit Reserve for my wife. It is freaking awesome. It literally has every possible feature you could imagine, at a price far less than a R1S Max Pack. Still, if I could have convinced her to go BEV, it would have been the R1S.

We haven't had it long, but so far it had been almost perfect. It is a great truck. It is my first Jeep and first "Chrysler" vehicle. I was a little nervous as I have heard about these having software issues, but my MME has software issues. No big deal. The only issue I have noticed is it doesn't always recognize my key and automatically change to my profile. Meh. I press my profile button on the door and move on.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
I just purchased a 2023 GC-L Summit Reserve for my wife. It is freaking awesome. It literally has every possible feature you could imagine, at a price far less than a R1S Max Pack. Still, if I could have convinced her to go BEV, it would have been the R1S.

We haven't had it long, but so far it had been almost perfect. It is a great truck. It is my first Jeep and first "Chrysler" vehicle. I was a little nervous as I have heard about these having software issues, but my MME has software issues. No big deal. The only issue I have noticed is it doesn't always recognize my key and automatically change to my profile. Meh. I press my profile button on the door and move on.
Yeah, the new Summit Reserve Grand Cherokee is awesome. The features are ridiculous for a Jeep. My cousin has one and the heated/cooled/massaging seats are excellent. The night vision is awesome. And the passenger side LCD touchscreen is simply awesome. The capability and comfort is incredible too, with air suspension and the top of the line 4wd system, it was a beast on a recent ski trip up in the mountains. I'm looking forward to seeing what Jeep does to electrify the Summit Reserve in the near future.

dgennetten

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Am I the only one who's immediate first impression is an oxo mandolin slicer?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler