First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
The kit does’t have a deflator. IMO, the best one on the market is from ARB. I also recommend getting spare tire stem valves (easy to replace) if you do any significant off road driving.
Look in the zipper pouch of the air hose. There is a small deflator in there. Not as good as the ARB but it works.
Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

VikingMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
For airing down, it doesn't look much more convenient?

For airing up, the only thing I'd keep in mind is the airflow of the built in compressor isn't super high, so it might not be that much faster.
Reviews suggest it is significantly faster to air down and up.

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Reviews suggest it is significantly faster to air down and up.
I'll expand. To air down, it's definitely better than going around to the tires one at a time, but doesn't seem better than something like Staun tire deflators. To air up, I'm sure it's better, but I'm saying the benefits might not be as the reviews say because Rivian's built in air compressor might not be as powerful as the ones they are using. It already needs to pause when I am filling one tire at a time. I suspect with four at a time, it will pause a lot more. But I haven't tried, I could be wrong.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
I went 4 wheeling yesterday day and did not know how much to air down. The jeeps were going down to 20 psi. that seemed low to me so I went to 25. That was defiantly too low. Now that I know Rivian suggests 31 as a minimum I will stick with that. It did make a big difference in the trucks ability to climb rocky trails.

corb00

First Name
STEFANO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
IT
what is the correct pressure for the 20" on road? 48 PSI? mine came set to 41 at delivery..

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
I asked customer service and they said all the tires are the same pressure of 48PSI. So just follow the door sticker. The door sticker is a required feature of all US made vehicles. Open the drivers door and there is a sticker in there that tells you what pressure the tires should be inflated to. It is often not the same as the pressure on the sidewall of the tire.
Sponsored