First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
I have over 3000 shares and to say the least "very upside down" on them. That said, I absolutely LOVE my R1T that I have had nearly 1 year and ordered an R1S at full price. I will wait for the rebound which I believe will come in a few years, which I was expecting a 3-5 year hold min from the start. Why? because the product is amazing, The company mission is perfect for todays demographic, RJ, unlike Elon, is a guy that everyone can stand behind rather than a love him or hate him CEO personality.
I disagree. You got bamboozled on the stock purchase is my guess. Special stock for Pre-order holders?
Sponsored

achanster

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450H
Occupation
VP
I disagree. You got bamboozled on the stock purchase is my guess. Special stock for Pre-order holders?
"Bamboozled" suggests that it was planned and had a nefarious intention. I don't think so... There were many factors that contributed to why the stock is where it is today. I'm still long on RIVN the same I was with TSLA back when the narrative was that is was going bankrupt.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
When I use the term "bamboozled", I am referring to what I saw as "pumping" the stock prior to the IPO. Pumping isn't necessarily nefarious, but I think they were. It seems that they had to have known that their pricing was way too low, below cost. But, shezaam! Right after IPO they made that realization. If you remember that is when the market said, "Hey, wait a minute. Let's take another look under the hood here." That to me was nefarious, and I believe that everyone involved at the top had to have known that, along with a few other things that are much less obvious before that.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
"my pre-ordered Rivian and it's because so many changes were made that the product is no longer what I wanted." You really mean this? What about it is not the product you looked at 4 years ago. To me, it's exactly what I thought it was 4 years ago.
I wouldn't know. I ordered mine nearly 4 1/2 years ago. Still waiting...., at least they sent me the VIN. Pretty frustrated with how they deal with customers.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
They plan to be profitable in 2024. Even if they did go bankrupt, which is unlikely, they are building the vehicles of the future while the old school ICE players fall behind. Worst case they get bought out by an ICE maker, Tesla or Amazon. They will have produced over 150k vehicles by the end of 2024, it’s highly unlikely they just go belly-up with no suitor.

They also have a nice order backlog to help them weather any rough waters over the next year.

Personally I think they will thrive, the vehicles are just too good and the R2 line is going to be a huge hit just as EVs go mainstream.
Yes, they have back orders..., FROM OVER 4 YEARS AGO!

Sponsored

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
Yes, they have back orders..., FROM OVER 4 YEARS AGO!
That’s not the point. The point is they have a year backlog of sold cars which makes them more protected in an economic downturn over the next 12 months.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
That’s not the point. The point is they have a year backlog of sold cars which makes them more protected in an economic downturn over the next 12 months.
Do you think when 2025 is approaching and they are down to their last billion that people won't consider the life of the company and their ability to service the car as part of their purchase decision. My guess is that they already are. I know that I love the product (I think) but it has to be able to be serviced. I am having my doubts. Now perhaps Mr. Bezos will come and rescue us all. Wouldn't that be nice! :(

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
Not to mention that many (perhaps most) of the cars that they have on backorder they are still loosing money on, like mine.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not to mention that many (perhaps most) of the cars that they have on backorder they are still loosing money on, like mine.
You should probably just cancel already. Rivian will clearly never meet your unrealistic expectations.

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
Do you think when 2025 is approaching and they are down to their last billion that people won't consider the life of the company and their ability to service the car as part of their purchase decision. My guess is that they already are. I know that I love the product (I think) but it has to be able to be serviced. I am having my doubts. Now perhaps Mr. Bezos will come and rescue us all. Wouldn't that be nice! :(
They will raise more capital, it’s how it’s done. I think they are very unlikely to just fold after delivering hundreds of thousands of vehicles that owners rave about. Worst case is an acquisition. Some big ICE makers are already fumbling around, as the EV deadline creep up they will be a prime buyout target. Hope it doesn’t happen but it’s probably worst case.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
They will raise more capital, it’s how it’s done. I think they are very unlikely to just fold after delivering hundreds of thousands of vehicles that owners rave about. Worst case is an acquisition. Some big ICE makers are already fumbling around, as the EV deadline creep up they will be a prime buyout target. Hope it doesn’t happen but it’s probably worst case.
That's a good possibility.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Same thing happened with Tesla but they didn’t have a huge drop in orders when they almost went bankrupt.
Sponsored