Not Liking Multiple Service Advisors

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
My truck is in Atlanta for service during my first week of ownership. It's been there for 7hrs now and no one has even called me. Having to get service advisors to chase down a call for me. Update: They were calling the WRONG number and essentially leaving voicemail into the ether.

While setting up this process, I've talked to nearly 10 different service advisors and never the same person twice. Some of them better and easier to understand than others. Some of them more detail oriented than others.

The only service person I've had multiple interactions with is a person who is adding service for SOMEONE ELSE'S TRUCK to my service tickets - mixing up VINs. Not cool. For example, I don't need all my badges removed and re-applied.

Each time I talk to someone, I can feel them having to spool up on context. Not their fault, but you can feel it on the call. I call with specific requests and take specific notes only to see some items not get taken care of and handled. For example, I specifically asked that "remove all badges and re-apply" be removed from my ticket because 1) I don't need it and 2) some random service person added it to my account FOR A DIFFERENT TRUCK.

Getting frustrated.

This is so very different than calling my local dealer and asking for Karl. LOL

Finally got a call back - totally vague. They were calling the WRONG number. In his defense, he said things were really busy (which unfortunately contradicts why Service Advisor #6 shipped my truck to Atlanta 2x the distance instead of my local SC)
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I agree with most of your experience. The problem is there isnā€™t one person owning your service, so in the end nobody is accountable. Everyone has good intentions and is friendly in my experience but as soon as they are off the phone it is no longer their issue

My truck is in for service now, apparently done but not sure when I will get it back. They said they would try to get it back to me this week but they certainly are not trying that hard. If they hadnā€™t given me such a shitty rental I certainly wouldnā€™t be as annoyed.

Regardless I hope you get your truck back soon

OP
OP
elektrode

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
George is getting angry.

Two days in the shop. Zero updates.

They said they called me on Friday but they called the wrong number. Sure. Like my number isnā€™t on their computer. And once service realizes they made a mistake, how about correcting it?

Not impressed so far.

Every new Service advisor, add 3 more to my list, are very nice. Just I have no idea whatā€™s going on.

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
George is getting angry.

They said they called me on Friday but they called the wrong number. Sure. Like my number isnā€™t on their computer. And once service realizes they made a mistake, how about correcting it?

Not impressed so far.

Every new Service advisor, add 3 more to my list, are very nice. Just I have no idea whatā€™s going on.
George is getting angry.

Not impressed so far.

Rivian R1T R1S Not Liking Multiple Service Advisors 1659813584589

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
George is getting angry.

Not impressed so far.

It only gets better from here....they let me know they were delivering my truck yesterday....only thing is they never said my truck was ready or if that day would work...

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
The opaque service model blows chunks. Whomever invented it, let alone adopts it as their model, is literally hiding behind lack of accountability and lack of service ability, possibly lack of staffing.

Worse than causing poor customer service, it causes increased service expense and inefficiencies. The latter is presumably opposite of the original goal of cutting expenses.

The real question is why are so many companies using it? No really, would truly like to know?

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

If you think this process is opaque, try disputing something with your Mortgage company's property tax middleman Corelogic about errors they've made in processing your property taxes. They refuse to talk to property owners (only will speak directly to county tax office or Mortgage lender) and are pretty rude about it.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Iā€™ve had two great service reps and one not so great. The really good ones keep you on the phone until something gets closed out or pushed to the next level in their system.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

The really good ones keep you on the phone until something gets closed out or pushed to the next level in their system.
You must have a lot of time on your hands to be willing to stay on the phone like that.
I just want them to solve problems and have clear and timely communication (not sure Iā€™ll ever get to see how Rivian does it).

Sponsored

OP
OP
elektrode

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Absolutely!

I donā€™t like taking to 10 different service advisors either (thread title)

So youā€™re expecting an update after 7 hours?

Last edited:

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
For example, I specifically asked that "remove all badges and re-apply" be removed from my ticket because 1) I don't need it and 2) some random service person added it to my account FOR A DIFFERENT TRUCK.
Did you order a spare tire? Have you received it?

OP
OP
elektrode

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Yes, spare ordered. Have not received. Never got a written due bill despite asking 3 people for one!

Iā€™ve tried to coordinate with 3 Service Advisors asking them if they can add it to my appointment. None of them specifically wrote it into my appointment, one of them said ATL SC had them in stock.

No clue if itā€™ll get done or not.

I just donā€™t understand asking for something very specific and not having it acknowledged. Itā€™s very irritating to me.

Did you order a spare tire? Have you received it?

Last edited:

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
San Fran - service dept. review. Been dealing with them for 2 weeks. whoa is me - my truck has been gone for 2 weeks.

They have provided me with rentals and uber credits and have been driving a Polestar 2.

Pick up of the car was interesting. The guy had never seen one before. He couldn't get it up the ramp. I got a frantic facetime from my wife in our driveway that the truck refuses to go in to drive. Soon as she flipped the cam the tow truck driver was in my car sans seatbelt. So the truck kept auto shifting into park.

So oddly I have had one point of contact at the service dept. So that has been smooth(in a sense). Generally it's me calling them every 2-3 dayz to get updates.

They wont give me the direct number to the San Fran service center and I have to call the roadside asst. number and get transfered. This is also a weird process. Some of the roadside asst. ask me for my name or verify phone number attached to acct. I had one that made me give the VIN to get transferred over which was very odd. They are always very helpful.

So my main point of contact went on vacation Friday, when they finished the 18 items they serviced. So I had to call Sat. and they told me my truck was ready to pick up. I explained they had picked it up from my house and they agreed to drop it off. After some computer work he said they would arrange that monday. I am most likely going to have to call monday to stay on top of them arranging a tow truck.

Some other oddities -

A week before the service pick up. I got a call from the mains service dept. We reviewed the itesm to be fixed. They told me at that point this call was to get the right items ordered for my service appt. the following week. He also arranged all my rentals and ubers.

Fast forward to pick up day . The next day I got a call from my main point of contact telling me my truck would be looked at tuesday. Tuesday comes and they call me to tell me they have confirmed the items I had photographed and logged where in fact "out of spec". They would be ordering parts and it would take 7-10 days to get the parts and then they could fix everything.

So my truck literally sat from tuesday - wed in the parking lot 8 days doing nothing.

Why not order the parts beforehand? I have them on onhand. Surely if something wasn't needed it could be used for another truck in the future. Also would cut down on the daily rental car fees they are paying for me.

I was told the tonneau cover parts are backordered and my truck would have to go back again when the parts come in sept. Hopefully a redesign. Mine has been working fine, but came with a big scrape on one of the panels.

At this point I might push off anything till they get their mobile service dept up and running.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Yes, spare ordered. Have not received. Never got a written due bill despite asking 3 people for one!

Iā€™ve tried to coordinate with 3 Service Advisors asking them if they can add it to my appointment. None of them specifically wrote it into my appointment, one of them said ATL SC had them in stock.

No clue if itā€™ll get done or not.

I just donā€™t understand asking for something very specific and not having it acknowledged. Itā€™s very irritating to me.
That line item is for the spare.

I had a similar item on my SC ticket "remove and replace exterior badging". When I asked about it, that is due to the spare tire. They will remove the vehicle weight sticker on the door frame and replace it with an updated one that includes the tire.
Sponsored