Sponsored

North Carolina order holders, Any idea on what’s happening?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Does anyone have any information on what they are doing with no service center planned? Being left at processing estimate for the past 3 months and the next 3 months is pretty annoying, Especially having zero information about when/if they will ever deliver the car.
Hello! I live in NC and have been following Rivian since the 2018 LA Auto Show and my deposit from back then. My wife and I finally took delivery of our R1T a couple of months ago after nearly 4 years of waiting. Over the course of these years, I have been talking to anyone in the NC State House that will listen.

If you want Rivian to be able to sell/service, build SC and maybe a HUB in NC here are some steps you can take. For your background, Rivian has a top-notch group lobbying for them here in NC. Also, NC is a state Rivian wants to succeed in, look at the RAN map, they are starting to put in chargers in Blowing Rock and Asheville right now with more to come.

2023 Needs to be Rivian's Year at the state house. 2023 is a long session for the NC House and Senate. I can tell you, in conversations I have had with key members, individuals' voices matter. Yes, there are some very powerful Auto Dealers, but voters/constituents can have some very powerful influence.

Most importantly, please call your NC House Representative and NC Senator and ask them to support Rivian! Next on your list, contact Majority Leader John Bell and Speaker Tim Moore.

Hope this helps!

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
They might be lobbying at some politicians... But it seems they're not doing anything to really address service within NC under the current laws.
If you actually care about Rivian having the ability to build SC and service here in NC, I would suggest taking a more proactive approach to help them. To say Rivian is doing nothing or very little is factually false.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
One more thought...Please send an email to Governor Roy Cooper on behalf of Rivian. All of these small voices are adding up.

Thank you!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If you actually care about Rivian having the ability to build SC and service here in NC, I would suggest taking a more proactive approach to help them. To say Rivian is doing nothing or very little is factually false.
I've made phone calls. I've sent emails. The NC reps do not give a shit.

If you want to suggest something that has a chance of making a difference, please tell me -- I am willing. But if it's just "make a phone call or write a letter" all I can say is "been there, done that".

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I've made phone calls. I've sent emails. The NC reps do not give a shit.

If you want to suggest something that has a chance of making a difference, please tell me -- I am willing. But if it's just "make a phone call or write a letter" all I can say is "been there, done that".
I would just say, like many things in life, timing is a key ingredient. There will be moments this year that are critical for Rivian. If you could do one thing today. Email or call Governor Coopers office and let them know how you feel and support Rivian. It will not fall on deaf ears. Thank you.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Nothing is going to change in NC unless the big tech moving to the research triangle get invovled.

macb00kemdanno

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+. 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm in Garner, NC (just outside of Raleigh), and I'm going to put my name in the pot for an R2S. My question (in relation to this thread) is, how are you guys taking delivery?

It seems as though the best course of action for me would be to take delivery in Richmond, VA, which is 2.5 hours away.

And are there any updates on a service center in NC? I'm guessing no?

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
Hey - I didn't start participating in this forum until August 2023, so this thread is new to me...

I'm in PA and we have the same stupid laws preventing manufacturers (except, of course, for Tesla) selling directly to consumers. We had to take delivery in Maryland - about 2 hours away. Happily, it's been a non-issue for us as we haven't needed anything from a service center. I got our tires rotated at my local tire shop and everything has been great with the R1S. I went from 2 cars to 3 when we picked up the Rivian so we knew we could easily adjust back to 2 if the Rivian needed service that took more than a day.

Like the charging situation, this is only going to get better...Don't let it stop you from buying a Rivian!

Sponsored

NCRivian

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy suburban. 2023 R1T
Occupation
Plumber
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm in Garner, NC (just outside of Raleigh), and I'm going to put my name in the pot for an R2S. My question (in relation to this thread) is, how are you guys taking delivery?

It seems as though the best course of action for me would be to take delivery in Richmond, VA, which is 2.5 hours away.

And are there any updates on a service center in NC? I'm guessing no?
I personally took delivery in Richmond. I work in the Raleigh area as well. My R1t will be a year old next month and I’ve never had a need to go to a SC. I would think mobile service could take care of almost any issue you would have(which for me has been zero!)

hyzerfool

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software writin' guy
Clubs

We live in Winston-Salem and picked up in Richmond. We had one service experience (just to get the spare installed) and mobile service came to our house. Was a piece of cake, though if something big breaks I suspect it'll be a pain.

That said, everything perfect so far (roughly 7,000 miles) and we're thoroughly enjoying Wazowsi.

macb00kemdanno

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+. 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
We live in Winston-Salem and picked up in Richmond. We had one service experience (just to get the spare installed) and mobile service came to our house. Was a piece of cake, though if something big breaks I suspect it'll be a pain.

That said, everything perfect so far (roughly 7,000 miles) and we're thoroughly enjoying Wazowsi.
I personally took delivery in Richmond. I work in the Raleigh area as well. My R1t will be a year old next month and I’ve never had a need to go to a SC. I would think mobile service could take care of almost any issue you would have(which for me has been zero!)
Ohh, I didn’t realize that mobile service operated that far from the actual service centers (closest ones being Atlanta and Richmond). That’s awesome news!

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I used to live in W-S, and wonder why Rivian isn’t considering a deal to put a SC on first nations land (Cherokee).

I’m in Seattle now and have a different problem: the SC here is super backed up and hard to get appointments. Thankfully haven’t needed too many since my ‘22 delivery.
Sponsored