E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

I am originally from Aiken, SC, now retired in Brevard, NC, and love it there. A car guy forever now driving a 20 Tesla 3P and have ordered a R1T that I will use as a street truck. Went to the Atlanta reveal and really enjoyed seeing the truck. Only letdown is the LONG wait, as I am holding out for the 400+range.
Sponsored

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
I am originally from Aiken, SC, now retired in Brevard, NC, and love it there. A car guy forever now driving a 20 Tesla 3P and have ordered a R1T that I will use as a street truck. Went to the Atlanta reveal and really enjoyed seeing the truck. Only letdown is the LONG wait, as I am holding out for the 400+range.

Hi Bob,

I live not far away in Knoxville, TN but visit Brevard twice a year for mountain biking trips. It's beautiful over there! I too ordered the R1T so maybe we can connect at some point.

OP
OP

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hi Bob,

I live not far away in Knoxville, TN but visit Brevard twice a year for mountain biking trips. It's beautiful over there! I too ordered the R1T so maybe we can connect at some point.
Sure John, would like that. Are u getting an early delivery or also waiting for the bigger battery pack?

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
Sure John, would like that. Are u getting an early delivery or also waiting for the bigger battery pack?
I plan on getting an LE with the 135kwh pack. Preordered 12/18, so hoping to take delivery by 8/21. We’ll see.

OP
OP

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I plan on getting an LE with the 135kwh pack. Preordered 12/18, so hoping to take delivery by 8/21. We’ll see.
Good, will look forward to being able to check it out while waiting for mine!

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I am originally from Aiken, SC, now retired in Brevard, NC, and love it there. A car guy forever now driving a 20 Tesla 3P and have ordered an R1T that I will use as a street truck. Went to the Atlanta reveal and really enjoyed seeing the truck. The only letdown is the LONG wait, as I am holding out for the 400+range.
Hi Bob, I'm over in Southport, but we make it to Brevard a few times a year. I've been a Tesla fan for a long time, but am truly torn over CyberTruck vs. R1T. This will be my wife's daily driver, so normal use of the mid-pack will be fine, but we also have a small camper that will kill range. I have agonized between Max Pack ($10K for 50 kwh is a lot), and that's where CyberTruck and Tri-Motor really start to sway my decision. Time will tell and I have pre-orders/reservations for both.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Hi Bob, I'm over in Southport, but we make it to Brevard a few times a year. I've been a Tesla fan for a long time, but am truly torn over CyberTruck vs. R1T. This will be my wife's daily driver, so normal use of the mid-pack will be fine, but we also have a small camper that will kill range. I have agonized between Max Pack ($10K for 50 kwh is a lot), and that's where CyberTruck and Tri-Motor really start to sway my decision. Time will tell and I have pre-orders/reservations for both.
At current OEM prices it costs Rivian $137*55=$7500 for the extra 55 kwh of battery above the 135.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
At current OEM prices it costs Rivian $137*55=$7500 for the extra 55 kwh of battery above the 135.
Possibly....Tesla is at $100/kw per Battery Day info and Rivian most likely has high cost at this point in time. Even with 400 mile perfect conditions range is not a lot with towing. Maybe 200 miles with towing per Rivian

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm going to do a little day trip up to Asheville tomorrow in my truck if anyone who hasn't gotten to see one is interested in meeting up to see it. Also open to any recs on where to grab some food, views, and brews in the early afternoon.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm going to do a little day trip up to Asheville tomorrow in my truck if anyone who hasn't gotten to see one is interested in meeting up to see it. Also open to any recs on where to grab some food, views, and brews in the early afternoon.
Not in Asheville myself, but for nice views, you can’t go wrong driving the Blue Ridge Parkway either direction from town. Waterrock Knob, Mt. Mitchell, Mt. Pisgah, and Craggy Gardens all have parking spots and bathroom facilities if you want to park and sit for a bit.

Food wise, there are tons of good options. Tupelo Honey is great. Luella’s BBQ is very good. Loads of other choices.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Saw my first R1T up close this afternoon in Boone. Seen a few driving around the ATL area, but today I was parked next to an LA Silver on 20” AT with a Blue Ridge Pkwy plate. Didn’t stalk or bother the owner. If the owner’s on here, I’d love to hear how charging has been around the mountains and/or coming and going from the area so far.
Sponsored