Sponsored

Front end alignment in North Carolina (R1T)

Marke08

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Has anyone found someplace to get a front end alignment near Charlotte. I’m in Statesville and the Rivian certified K&M body shop in Hickory just quoted me over $1600 to mount four new tires and align the front end. That seems absurd. They quoted $850ish for a front end alignment only. I can’t fathom that being remotely close to how much it should cost. Local shops aren’t willing to try it so far.
Sponsored

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone found someplace to get a front end alignment near Charlotte. I’m in Statesville and the Rivian certified K&M body shop in Hickory just quoted me over $1600 to mount four new tires and align the front end. That seems absurd. They quoted $850ish for a front end alignment only. I can’t fathom that being remotely close to how much it should cost. Local shops aren’t willing to try it so far.
Downtown Tire in Hendersonville NC will do the full alignment for about $150 if you wish to drive over. It’s only been a few months but their alignment man seems to have done a good job. He’s very knowledgeable.

OP
OP
Marke08

Marke08

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Downtown Tire in Hendersonville NC will do the full alignment for about $150 if you wish to drive over. It’s only been a few months but their alignment man seems to have done a good job. He’s very knowledgeable.
They update the software as well? Mobile tech says you have to update some parts of the software when they do alignment

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

They update the software as well? Mobile tech says you have to update some parts of the software when they do alignment
I doubt that. Here are the specs if the shop you go to needs them.
Rivian R1T R1S Front end alignment in North Carolina (R1T) PXL_20220520_031156970_2

EdwardM2005

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT Guy
Nice Specs. As I live 150 miles from the Denver Service Center so I will take these to the local shops to see if they can manage. But a couple of questions, are the spec the same for the R1S vs. R1T?? Does the model year matter?
Thank you in advance.

bbonkk

First Name
howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

Here is this estimate they gave me. This is too high right?
Bring the vaseline… or take it to the service center. Go to Discount or American pay the approx. $125 to mount and balance then have Rivian do the alignment.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

That's way too much! Almost 10 hours to mount/balance tires and do an alignment seems excessive to me. Maybe they don't want to do it so they are "pricing themselves out of the market"?

Service center charges $260. You want a 4 wheel alignment not just front end.

There are other places that will do it for slightly less than the service center but you really shouldn't have to have this done very often and service center is a safe bet.
Sponsored