LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I slept one night in Nomad without additional padding and it really wasn't bad at all. I then put a 1.5" thk memory foam pad in there and of course it felt even nicer but was a real pain to close fully. In fact it really didn't with a bit of tilt on the cover when locked down. I think I can do some careful cuts in the memory foam to align with fold-over lines to get it flatter. and the footprint is damn near perfect to the R1T bed.

Rivian R1T R1S Non-Rivian rooftop tents IMG_6697.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Non-Rivian rooftop tents IMG_6732.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Non-Rivian rooftop tents IMG_6765.JPG
Sponsored

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
We are a dealer for Rough Country and they make one I think I may give a go. At $1200 it seems like a decent deal.
I slept one night in Nomad without additional padding and it really wasn't bad at all. I then put a 1.5" thk memory foam pad in there and of course it felt even nicer but was a real pain to close fully. In fact it really didn't with a bit of tilt on the cover when locked down. I think I can do some careful cuts in the memory foam to align with fold-over lines to get it flatter. and the footprint is damn near perfect to the R1T bed.

IMG_6697.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG
You got me, just bought @ $2100. Does this need a rain fly?

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

IMG_6697.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG
I like this one!

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
You got me, just bought @ $2100. Does this need a rain fly?
+1 ordered. Rain fly is included per my understanding.

My only expectation is that I’ll need to figure out how to supplement the mattress. Most inflatables I’m finding max out at 55” wide, but it would be nice to find something around 60” that could deflate and fold up with the tent. Seems like I have until late Oct to figure this out.

Mark’s RT-1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y and Model Y Perf. And some other EVs
Occupation
Bus. Owner.
Clubs

I just ordered the 23Zero Armadillo X2. To mount over bed on factory rails.

Wish me luck.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting

IMG_6697.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

Thanks for posting. How bright is it inside the tent? Does it let in a lot of light during the day?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Condor XL. With two 7 year olds who are constantly growing, I figure the 4 person is a better long term option. I saw it mounted on a truck on Reddit, and definitely doesn't look as weird hanging over the back as I thought it would, and if Roofnest says that amount of overhang is acceptable I am good with it. All other 4 person tents seem to be about 10-12 inches longer, which might get a little iffy.

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
I
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the Condor XL. With two 7 year olds who are constantly growing, I figure the 4 person is a better long term option. I saw it mounted on a truck on Reddit, and definitely doesn't look as weird hanging over the back as I thought it would, and if Roofnest says that amount of overhang is acceptable I am good with it. All other 4 person tents seem to be about 10-12 inches longer, which might get a little iffy.
I was also thinking the condor XL is perfect, but just make sure you look at their recent reviews. D- on bbb is not good.

I'd strongly consider mounting a large iKamper over the cab instead of roofnest in the bed

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I

I was also thinking the condor XL is perfect, but just make sure you look at their recent reviews. D- on bbb is not good.

I'd strongly consider mounting a large iKamper over the cab instead of roofnest in the bed
What’s the essence or summary of these negative Roof Nest reviews I keep hearing about? BBB? That’s would seem to indicate something even more shady than just “poor product quality”, wouldn’t it?

Sponsored

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Poor quality and no service. Lots of reports of the shells cracking after a few months. They'll send you epoxy to fix it.

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bbb is better business bureau. You can read the complaints online

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Stars aligned and we were able to get the iKamper Skycamp Mini mounted and aired out ahead of our upcoming trip. It fits the R1T bed well; length, width and height are great. Reverse mounted it to minimize drag as much as possible; shall see if we keep it that way. Quality of the tent is wonderful. This'll be a nice change from years of ultra light 2P tents.

See if you can spot the deer in the first pic 🦌

In the last pic added two little lengths of paracord to the side window that normally couldn't be propped up due to the cab. Tied them to the roof rack mounts and it will now allow airflow and rain protection from both side; easy fix!
20220608_181441.jpg

20220608_181304.jpg

20220609_075307.jpg

20220609_075219.jpg
Really great setup. How are you liking the mini? Any regrets?

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010, Focus RS
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
Really great setup. How are you liking the mini? Any regrets?
So far we've really enjoyed the mini 3.0 and 0 regrets. Wife and I have so much more room than in the 3 person tent we came from. We've camped in it through two good thunderstorms and no water inside. I see people putting carpent on the floor to stop condensation from forming but we've not encountered that. Setup is as easy as it looks in the videos. We like the drawstring windows that act like blinds. It's an expensive tent but overall quality is excellent. The fabric is quite thick and stout. And the tent seems designed with repairability in mind.
We're going to be spending the next 2 weeks in it and we don't have any concerns.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Thanks for posting. How bright is it inside the tent? Does it let in a lot of light during the day?
It has a "sunroof" opening on the top panel and of course windows on both sides plus the entry. Only the rigid top/back wall is dark or non-lite. That's a great place to put an LED accent light strip.
Sponsored