2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Funny how no one cares about nikola even though they are still forging forward without the terrible CEO they used to have. Making progress towards BEV and FC semi trucks. Everyone on here is all about progress towards electric until it’s Nikola. Just funny
It's perfectly understandable why no one here cares about a company that doesn't produce a consumer vehicle, in addition to their shady past. This forum wouldn't even exist if Rivian only made a delivery van.

OP
OP
Jehorton

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
It's perfectly understandable why no one here cares about a company that doesn't produce a consumer vehicle, in addition to their shady past. This forum wouldn't even exist if Rivian only made a delivery van.
You are correct, a rivian forum would exist if rivian only produced a delivery van. But this forum is here also talking about the futures of EV and yet there is still a company working on the trucking industry and yet people like you, who clearly hold it against the company, will bash them purely because the former CEO was a jackass and cannot see that they are maybe worth something.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
You are correct, a rivian forum would exist if rivian only produced a delivery van. But this forum is here also talking about the futures of EV and yet there is still a company working on the trucking industry and yet people like you, who clearly hold it against the company, will bash them purely because the former CEO was a jackass and cannot see that they are maybe worth something.
When did I bash them? You preemptively started a thread on the presumption that people were bashing them, when the name Nikola hasn't been uttered on these forums in probably 18 months. You asked why we aren't talking about Nikola, and I said it's because they aren't relevant to people looking to buy personal vehicles. There are scores of other companies making great strides in all things electric in transportation. In no way is that bashing them or being negative towards them. They just have zero to do with anything Rivian related.

I wish them nothing but the best in transitioning the semi-truck industry towards more sustainable transportation.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Funny how no one cares about nikola even though they are still forging forward without the terrible CEO they used to have. Making progress towards BEV and FC semi trucks. Everyone on here is all about progress towards electric until it’s Nikola. Just funny
Did you just quote yourself and try to instigate an argument that no one else was participating in?

I was excited for the Nikola Badger. It initially looked like the "right for me" truck. But after their shenanigans I decided I wasn't going to risk anything on them unless they actually delivered (unlikely).

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Despite the challenges they have had, I would like to see them succeed in the heavy truck market. This deal is a wise decision - from what I read, the trucks will be used for in-port traffic, presumably as jockey trucks. That's a good way to give them 24x7 use, while keeping them very local, which makes it easy to repair them - minimal/no towing for service.

OP
OP
Jehorton

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Did you just quote yourself and try to instigate an argument that no one else was participating in?

I was excited for the Nikola Badger. It initially looked like the "right for me" truck. But after their shenanigans I decided I wasn't going to risk anything on them unless they actually delivered (unlikely).
Didn’t mean to quote myself. I just remember when Nikola was starting up and how everyone here reacted to them. Not trying to argue either. Just wanted to see if the crazy negative view point of Nikola changed. Their CEO was an issue but he’s been gone and they have been working.
Sponsored