NH deliveries from Boston SC..

Sree

First Name
Sree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride & Mach e GT
Hi all, From manchester,NH; I am waiting for step 8 scheduling to open up for R1S. In the past getting a new vehicle from MA was a bit challenging because of MA not having temp plates. I would buy a car then drive back to my town office to register the new car and get plates, then drive back to MA and put permnent plates on and then only be able to drive the new vehicle home. Some times the MA dealer would bring it to my town office on dealer plates etc and do the paper work right there. So how are they doing this from the service center in Boston for NH buyers?
Sponsored

Last edited:

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Mine had Illinois temp tags, then they sent all the paperwork for registration to my (Maine) town office, who called me when it was ready for me to come in and get my plates.

OP
OP

Sree

First Name
Sree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride & Mach e GT
Mine had Illinois temp tags, then they sent all the paperwork for registration to my (Maine) town office, who called me when it was ready for me to come in and get my plates.
Thank you.

Charged

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I picked up my R1T last month from the Boston SC. NH is one of the few states where the buyer is responsible for arranging title and registration, and that made the delivery process really simple. The truck had Illinois temporary plates, and I was able to prearrange car insurance based on the VIN. The very next day I received an overnight FedEx delivery of all the paperwork needed for registering the truck, which I was easily able to do at our local town hall. I decided not to get personalized plates, so I was given the new plates the same day. Two weeks later I received the title from the DMV in the mail (I had paid cash, so there was no lienholder).

My experience on delivery was very positive. The staff are knowledgeable, patient and friendly, and finally taking ownership of a Rivian R1T was a blast. I returned to the Boston SC yesterday, to sort out an issue with my phone and fob not properly pairing with the vehicle (they fixed everything, and actually replaced my fob). While I waited, a couple took possession of their new R1S (they looked thrilled), two others dropped by to arrange test drives, another owner brought his vehicle in to get a puncture repaired. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful in their various interactions with all of us.

Have fun with your new R1S, Sree!!

OP
OP

Sree

First Name
Sree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride & Mach e GT
I picked up my R1T last month from the Boston SC. NH is one of the few states where the buyer is responsible for arranging title and registration, and that made the delivery process really simple. The truck had Illinois temporary plates, and I was able to prearrange car insurance based on the VIN. The very next day I received an overnight FedEx delivery of all the paperwork needed for registering the truck, which I was easily able to do at our local town hall. I decided not to get personalized plates, so I was given the new plates the same day. Two weeks later I received the title from the DMV in the mail (I had paid cash, so there was no lienholder).

My experience on delivery was very positive. The staff are knowledgeable, patient and friendly, and finally taking ownership of a Rivian R1T was a blast. I returned to the Boston SC yesterday, to sort out an issue with my phone and fob not properly pairing with the vehicle (they fixed everything, and actually replaced my fob). While I waited, a couple took possession of their new R1S (they looked thrilled), two others dropped by to arrange test drives, another owner brought his vehicle in to get a puncture repaired. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful in their various interactions with all of us.

Have fun with your new R1S, Sree!!
Thanks so much. I agree if they fedex papers before hand it should be very easy process. Also good to know the Boston SC is very responsive and peasant to deal with..

kwhman

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Audi Q8
Hi all. We live in NH, and are scheduled to pick up our R1T in Chelsea on 11/20. In going through the documentation process and uploading the driver's licenses of my wife and myself, they were rejected. Furthermore, when trying to get an insurance quote from Rivian, it would not accept my driver's license number. Has this happened to anyone else from New Hampshire?
Sponsored