Finance

Chilimac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron
Occupation
Retired
Given that the NY Auto Show will have an EV exhibit with 9 manufacturers present, I’d be surprised if Rivian wasn’t one of them.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com...iness.html?soid=1101460727699&aid=vRrB8epC2Ds
I asked CS about the Chicago Auto show in July and got this:

Thanks for reaching out and for being part of our Launch Edition community! While we have not shared if we will be at the Chicago Auto Show, we are beyond excited to share that we will be kicking off our demonstration drive tour this August!

The first cities we will visit include Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Detroit and Seattle, with more announced soon. Our drive program includes two types of experiences, at-home drives, and tour events. Rivian tour events are an excellent way to obtain a first-hand experience with the vehicles and see our paint selections and interiors in person. In addition, our team will be there to give demonstrations on everything you will need to know in regards to Rivian Ownership!

We will share more details in advance of the tour kickoff, including exact launch dates, Covid-19 protocols and how we will handle reservations.

They are not listed on the website for the show.

Ribeye

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
63 Lincoln
You don’t do auto shows for reservation holders, you do it for future buyers so you can thrive. Seems short-sighted not to throw a couple prototypes in the mix. Ford did it in 2019 with the Mach-e. You couldn’t get close to it, but could see it and read about it and ask the rep some questions.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
You don’t do auto shows for reservation holders, you do it for future buyers so you can thrive. Seems short-sighted not to throw a couple prototypes in the mix. Ford did it in 2019 with the Mach-e. You couldn’t get close to it, but could see it and read about it and ask the rep some questions.
To be fair, Ford already had a massive crew and logistics commitment in place just to participate at all. It cost them nothing to dedicate a small amount of it's already sizable floor space to an off-limits vehicle and an extra rep to answer questions.

But to go from "Not participating" to "participating" is a massive commitment in resources.

I'd much rather those resources go into the already planned drive tour starting next month.
Sponsored