Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I have not gotten the update yet. But last night I was on I-85 from Buford to Atlanta and Driver+ was NOT available. I've never seen it not be available on that stretch before. When I got home last night I did a hard reboot. I'm hoping it is back working today. Will update you after we go to the kids' ballgames today.
So I did a soft reset, and my Drivers+ is now available for use. Not sure how that would do it, but as always, “Have you tried turning it off and then back on?” can save the day!
Sponsored

rivian_panda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Genius, Millionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
It would be great to use the right steering wheel buttons to control Drive modes and ride height. I want to switch mode on the fly not go to the touch screen... aint no body got time for that.... sigh...

right left button on the right side of the steering wheel = drive modes (all purpose, sport, conserve) scroll wheel ride height.

when you activate Driver + controls swaps over to follow distance and speed. Since you can't swap drive mode on driver+...

Come on RIVIAN DO IT! I already figure out the logic for you!!!!!

CTRT1

First Name
Hardie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500 crew cab Sport
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I updated my app but haven’t had the truck update pushed through yet. Now the app is acting way more glitchy then usual. Anyone else in the same boat?

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Have you tried turning off the HD radio option under vehicle settings?
HD radio has been turned off since the radio stopped working day 1. Also hard and soft reboots didn't fix it. Guess I'll resubmit the ticket and keep waiting for radio that works in areas of poor cell reception.

Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
How are they numbering the software revisions? Can you tell how “old” your software is?

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
There's almost snow on the ground and I want to use Tank Turn Mode in the driveway so I don't have to back out the driveway! : )

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

There's almost snow on the ground and I want to use Tank Turn Mode in the driveway so I don't have to back out the driveway! : )
Only if you're parked on ice or gravel. Rivian pulled that feature for fear of breaking the truck if someone used it on pavement.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Only if you're parked on ice or gravel. Rivian pulled that feature for fear of breaking the truck if someone used it on pavement.
Where do you get the "Rivian pulled that feature"?

Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Reactions: Guy

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
The Internet, I think.
The most recent (credible) report says the chief engineer (Chief Engineer Charles Sanderson has been at Rivian since 2018, previously at McLaren, so he's no feckless idiot) is not finished with making movement predictable on loose surfaces (fair enough.) I'm sure some repurposing of the stability control and traction control software using the gyros and wheel sensors would suffice to avoid having the vehicle move more than an inch or two before sensing and compensating for traction, but I don't think they need to code for all situations or scenarios. I don't think it's necessary for Tank mode to deliver perfect polar axis rotation, the driver can compensate with the steering, brake and accelerator to maneuver the vehicle as desired (and a perfect pirouette would be a skill to develop, not a button to push and sit back while the vehicle electronics drive.)

The other "complaint" was the marketing mopes anticipating how some would complain that this mode would increase damage to the environment.

Of course an 800 hp quad motor off-roader is going to be at risk of unpredictable traction regardless of drive mode – it's the driver in control, not the software engineers. I imagine the marketing people didn't want the bad press of someone managing to tank turn in their garage and take a wall out of their house or squish their buddy against a tree, or drive off a cliff, etc. and the legal team always says "no" and cites "liability!" no matter what.

Sooner or later, they have to get to a "good enough" level of control and then just warn the driver to expect the unexpected and practice where there are no obstacles, people, pets, cliffs, etc.

They can always put Tank mode out as "beta" and bring up copious warnings with a consent prompt on the touchscreen.

The existing overhead 360º camera views and proximity sensors would make it safe for a driver to avoid obstacles.

Using "one pedal" driving mode would mean if anything goes out of control, the driver need only remove pressure from the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal, and the vehicle would brake itself to an immediate halt.

All that said, what I'd really like Rivian to do is code for a game controller (from inside or outside the vehicle) to drive in Tank mode using the two joysticks like tank levers … that would be some fun … driving the R1 like a 1:1 scale RC. : )

I'd like to be standing in the bed with the remote and … oh .. I see what the lawyers mean …

ref:
The same interview was reported across the blogosphere.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/why-rivian-tank-turn-stationary-spin-feature-is-delayed/

jewwithguitar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My R1T still does not show an update available. Do they roll these out in waves? Or do I need to do something for it to search for the update?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My R1T still does not show an update available. Do they roll these out in waves? Or do I need to do something for it to search for the update?
Just have to wait for your truck to get it.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
There are waves. I seem to recall that parked, plugged in and sleeping with a strong wifi signal is the quickest way to get the update. I find updates hit my truck about a week after the first reports, almost clockwork the Thursday after the first Thursday of public users reporting getting the update. Hardly scientific, just an observation.
Sponsored