Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Quick update on these:

We're launching two new colors today! Perfect Pink & Galaxy Black!

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts Rangefinder Key Fob Surround in 9 Colors & 2 Finishes 20231207_190944

Perfect Pink is a vibrant, slightly darker Pink color described by my wife as right at home on Barbie.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts Rangefinder Key Fob Surround in 9 Colors & 2 Finishes 20231207_191013

Galaxy Black is a deep, dark black with permanent sparkles embedded like stars in the night sky. It's the Oppenheimer of the duo and is what I currently have installed on my Key Fob.

Each are priced at $8.95 and are shipping now.

Additionally, I noticed that a bunch of folks were order a two or more of these in a clip, so I made a special discount for that. If you enter code DUO during checkout, the second one will have a $3.95 discount applied.

That means you can get both colors of Barbenheimer for $13.95.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I've been using my carbon fiber infused Black for a couple weeks now and it works and looks great! I didn't have any issues with the carabiner (yet), but I appreciate the smaller size when I keep my keys in my pocket.

Chrisy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
Finally got my T back and could change my fob to the Dollar Tree blink-blink :)
Great product!

VikingMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
What was your process to fill in the keys white? I’m looking to order same white key fob and really like your solution of filling in color.
I painted it using the paint from a white sharpie and a toothpick to apply it. I used an exacto knife to remove any excess.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I don't carry my fob regularly but I can't stop picking this up and feeling the weight. I think it's the same feeling as the new titanium iPhone where the % reduction is not representative of the real world feel due to the mass being around the perimeter.
https://9to5mac.com/2023/09/18/iphone-15-pro-weight-mystery/

Also I acetone smoothed it and while I left it a little too long (double) in there it is nice and shiny with the Dollar Green sparkles locked in better.

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts Rangefinder Key Fob Surround in 9 Colors & 2 Finishes PXL_20231213_022309538

Seano

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Porsche Box, BMW Wagon, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Love it - to my eye, this is how the fob should have been. Agree with the others - oddly light which makes it a pleasant surprise. Thanks!

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts Rangefinder Key Fob Surround in 9 Colors & 2 Finishes riv fob

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I don't carry my fob regularly but I can't stop picking this up and feeling the weight. I think it's the same feeling as the new titanium iPhone where the % reduction is not representative of the real world feel due to the mass being around the perimeter.

Also I acetone smoothed it and while I left it a little too long (double) in there it is nice and shiny with the Dollar Green sparkles locked in better.

PXL_20231213_022309538.jpg
That looks great! Addresses the aesthetic concern I have with most 3D printed parts.

DoubleTake

Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Military
I just ordered one in forest color :). Looking forward to receiving it :)

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

PXL_20231213_022309538.jpg
I absolutely love this. I'm going to give acetone smoothing a try on the new Galaxy Black color. That should really pop.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I absolutely love this. I'm going to give acetone smoothing a try on the new Galaxy Black color. That should really pop.
After 15 min it hid most of the print lines but not all. I intended to leave it in for another 5 then got distracted for ~30 min. a bit bubbly around the key loop but I'm happy it didn't completely melt away on me. I left it to harden for over a day before trying to install afterwards. First time attempting that process, real classy set up using a butter dish and some tin foil and paper towels.
Sponsored