First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Holy heck…….why would you cover the light bar with a massive Rivian logo?
Rivian R1T R1S My R1T on Ebay - breaks my heart! IMG_6690
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

The car market in general is crashing. While the media likes to focus on EVs and how they’re not selling so great, which is true, most are not acknowledging that ICE vehicles are suffering in the same way. The lower priced segment (sub $30K MSRP) is selling like hotcakes because that’s what people can afford and or are willing to pay when the price of EVERYTHING has gone up significantly in the past couple years and interest rates are also double what they were 2 years ago. Sure, there are still people buying R1’s with max packs and loaded up Model S/X and Taycans, but most people who were willing and able to plunk down $80K+ on an EV have already done so and those on the fence aren’t going to do it with all the other economic factors as they are.

The secondary market is taking a beating. Lots of people selling EVs for a variety of reasons…. Many bought simply thinking they could capitalize on flipping it. That only worked for the first 3 Lightnings to hit the market, maybe the first dozen R1Ts. Cybertruck? Hah, Tesla is CRANKING them out and reservation to order conversion rate is under 20%. Seems 1 out of every 5 of them delivered are up for sale for stupid inflated prices because all these people thought they could make a quick buck. Consumers who already have EVs are not in a hurry to sell/replace even with newer models hitting the market. Sure, some things get updated, but the savvy consumer is waiting for breakthroughs in battery and charging tech before they‘re going to upgrade. I know I’m like many, I plan to replace our Model Y with an R2 and until that day, will happily keep driving our now 4 year old Y that has 75K trouble-free miles on it. I ended up with the F150 Lightning instead of the R1T…. It just suited my needs better overall. What would it take me to replace it? Well, I still need to get more use out of my Lightning so I don’t take a financial beating…. But even then, unless you give me 400+ real-world miles of range and 800~1000V charging, I’m frankly not interested.
Very well said.
And, I think the Silverado fits the bill on your request to replace the Lighting???

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
And, I think the Silverado fits the bill on your request to replace the Lighting???
Nope. Unfortunately. Have rode in one and had a pretty good look at it. Don’t like it. It may have the larger battery and supposedly faster charging, but that’s really all it has going for it vs. the Lightning or R1T. It rides like an over-heavy, lumbering and floaty ‘77 Cadillac, sits too low. You can just feel the extra weight to it. IMO, it sucks.

And even if it did tick all the boxes, I wouldn’t flip my Lightning at this point. Have only had it 18 months and I’d take a beating on it if I sell or trade anytime soon. It does everything I need at the moment. I’d like better range and 250+ kW charging, but it’ll do until something truly better comes along. If Rivian dropped an updated R1T with a bunch of new features, better range and faster charging, I’d be seriously tempted…. BUT, still the same thing of needing to get more value out of the Lightning and the R1T‘s smaller bed and 2nd row don’t suit me as well, same with its limited onboard power options. Having plenty of outlets to plug into on the Lightning has been awesome for lots of things, I’m not going to sacrifice that on my next truck.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Nope. Unfortunately. Have rode in one and had a pretty good look at it. Don’t like it. It may have the larger battery and supposedly faster charging, but that’s really all it has going for it vs. the Lightning or R1T. It rides like an over-heavy, lumbering and floaty ‘77 Cadillac, sits too low. You can just feel the extra weight to it. IMO, it sucks.

And even if it did tick all the boxes, I wouldn’t flip my Lightning at this point. Have only had it 18 months and I’d take a beating on it if I sell or trade anytime soon. It does everything I need at the moment. I’d like better range and 250+ kW charging, but it’ll do until something truly better comes along. If Rivian dropped an updated R1T with a bunch of new features, better range and faster charging, I’d be seriously tempted…. BUT, still the same thing of needing to get more value out of the Lightning and the R1T‘s smaller bed and 2nd row don’t suit me as well, same with its limited onboard power options. Having plenty of outlets to plug into on the Lightning has been awesome for lots of things, I’m not going to sacrifice that on my next truck.
I haven't read up enough on the Max pack for the Rivian, but I do know they're advertising 400+ miles in range with 21" wheels/tires. Not sure if it charges any faster though? If it charges at the same rate that the smaller packs do, then would be lengthy charging times to charge a larger battery.

With the current lease rates that Rivian is offering, they seem like a bargain.

And interesting take on the Silverado. I still haven't seen one yet. Just the online reviews. Your opinion is certainly quite different that most of those reviews. Makes me want to go drive one now just to see.

I love the Rivian. The frunk and gear tunnel are great features. I don't "Need" a truck, so the smaller size works well for me. The air suspension is just phenomenal. I am curious about the upcoming Ramcharger. Like the concept of 150 miles in EV range with a gas backup. My only gripe with EV's, despite having owned them for some 15 years now, is the added charging time on long distance trips, as well as some range anxiety on trips where the weather gets cold or you run into a strong head wind. Not to mention the unreliable public charging (although hopefully that will change with access to the Tesla chargers coming). Ramcharger would be all EV for every day use, but without any sacrifice on long trips or towing.

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Holy heck…….why would you cover the light bar with a massive Rivian logo?
IMG_6690.jpeg
My Mom taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Thus I shall say nothing other than "maybe they wanted it to look like an ICE truck with a grille and big grille script?"

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Why do the pictures make it look like it has the Black Mountain - Dark Ash, and not the Forest Edge - Warm Ash?

That to me looks like Black Mountain?
Yeah, that's definitely Black Mountain, an included color; not the $2000 add-on Forest Edge. (Which isn't "rare". Now if you had a Compass Yellow with Forest Edge interior - THAT would be rare!)

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I haven't read up enough on the Max pack for the Rivian, but I do know they're advertising 400+ miles in range with 21" wheels/tires. Not sure if it charges any faster though? If it charges at the same rate that the smaller packs do, then would be lengthy charging times to charge a larger battery.
Max charges at basically the same rate. But it isn't that much larger - it's just that it's a little bit larger, while also more efficient. In Out of Spec's "10% challenge" (start charging at 10%, charge for 15 minutes, see how far it goes at 80 MPH to drop back to 10%,) dual motor large pack and dual motor max pack added the exact same amount of miles - 85. They measured the Max as having only 6 kWh more energy - 141 kWh to 135 - in their 70 MPH 100%-0% range test. (Although I think something was wrong with their test, because they got FEWER miles on the Max!)

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yeah, that's definitely Black Mountain, an included color; not the $2000 add-on Forest Edge. (Which isn't "rare". Now if you had a Compass Yellow with Forest Edge interior - THAT would be rare!)
Nope, it is "definitely" not the Black Mountain interior. It is "Definitely" the Forest Edge interior. Have a pretty good idea what it is, considering I get into it every day! :)

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The used car market is correcting, not collapsing.

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Nope, it is "definitely" not the Black Mountain interior. It is "Definitely" the Forest Edge interior. Have a pretty good idea what it is, considering I get into it every day! :)
Then you used photos of someone else's truck for your interior photos. Because those *PHOTOS* are definitely a Black Mountain.

Photos 25 and 26 show the black seat material and the dark ash (black) wood trim. Photo 34 (the one showing the phone mount) shows Forest Edge, but it is a horribly exposed, out of focus photo.

So... searching Google reverse image search for photo 34, I find it is from your post on the thread on phone mounts - so yes, your truck is Forest Edge - so use photos of your truck! (Heck, a lot of your photos on the eBay listing are just recycles of photos you posted to the forum, some of "not quality that will get you good eBay attention." You should take new interior photos (and gear tunnel, unless you're actually including the EcoFlow Delta Mini) in good lighting that are properly exposed and focused. High quality photos make a big difference on final sale price.

And Google reverse image searching your interior photos show it's from the Motor Trend review - they aren't of your vehicle.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Maybe post a better color shot. I agree it is FE, but color is muted in your eBay photos. I can tell by your headliner, but otherwise swear it's not. Having photo'ed my fe a ton the past two years, I've seen shots that look like yours.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Then you used photos of someone else's truck for your interior photos. Because those *PHOTOS* are definitely a Black Mountain.

Photos 25 and 26 show the black seat material and the dark ash (black) wood trim. Photo 34 (the one showing the phone mount) shows Forest Edge, but it is a horribly exposed, out of focus photo.

So... searching Google reverse image search for photo 34, I find it is from your post on the thread on phone mounts - so yes, your truck is Forest Edge - so use photos of your truck! (Heck, a lot of your photos on the eBay listing are just recycles of photos you posted to the forum, some of "not quality that will get you good eBay attention." You should take new interior photos (and gear tunnel, unless you're actually including the EcoFlow Delta Mini) in good lighting that are properly exposed and focused. High quality photos make a big difference on final sale price.

And Google reverse image searching your interior photos show it's from the Motor Trend review - they aren't of your vehicle.
You are correct in that point. Just looked. Somehow, some stock photos got mixed in with my own photos and I didn't proof them before submitting. All the rest fortunately, are accurate. Unfortunately, E-bay won't let me delete photos since bids have been made. But fortunately I had two open spaces and was able to add a couple of ACCURATE interior photos. Thanks for pointing it out.

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

And interesting take on the Silverado. I still haven't seen one yet. Just the online reviews. Your opinion is certainly quite different that most of those reviews. Makes me want to go drive one now just to see.

I love the Rivian. The frunk and gear tunnel are great features. I don't "Need" a truck, so the smaller size works well for me. The air suspension is just phenomenal. I am curious about the upcoming Ramcharger. Like the concept of 150 miles in EV range with a gas backup. My only gripe with EV's, despite having owned them for some 15 years now, is the added charging time on long distance trips, as well as some range anxiety on trips where the weather gets cold or you run into a strong head wind. Not to mention the unreliable public charging (although hopefully that will change with access to the Tesla chargers coming). Ramcharger would be all EV for every day use, but without any sacrifice on long trips or towing.
I think the Silverado is pretty great! Driving one right now as a loaner while my R1 is in the shop. Definitely drives like a full size, but I like it!
Rivian R1T R1S My R1T on Ebay - breaks my heart! IMG_3449

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I waited and waited for the Max Pack. I reserved day 1 and passed up reserving the Launch Edition because I wanted the Max Pack. After many changes in production order plans and weird promises and excuses, Rivian finally threw in the towel and gave us what we have now. A Max Pack that is barely any larger than the Large Pack, it’s really more a reconfiguration that makes the pack more efficient. Results are mixed, but in a nutshell it’s a hefty price to pay that only gives about an 8% larger capacity and at best about 35 miles more range. And no quad motor option…

If the lease restrictions work for you (mileage allowance and such), they are a great deal!

Seems I agree with the Jalopnik review and a couple others. When/if you check out a Silverado EV, I’m pretty sure you will not be tempted to pick it over an R1T. My own limited experience and even the positive reviews show that the truck is nowhere near as efficient as the Lightning or R1T. Yes, it has the larger battery. Which drastically increases weight, which directly impacts its max cargo and towing capacities. It rides low to the ground and has some stylistic changes to help aero, but in the little time I had with the truck, it was getting noticeably worse efficiency than my Lightning does on a stretch of highway I drive all the time. I did not like how the truck rode or handled. IMO, we’ll see plenty of glowing user reviews when retail customers start taking delivery of the upper trims. Lots of Chevy/GM fanboys will finally have their EV truck.

I love the Rivian too…. I spent a lot of time going back and forth deciding between the R1T and Lightning. Finally went Lightning due to specific needs. The R1T gear tunnel adds an awesome amount of storage.

Added long charge times are really my only complaint about EVs. Shorter range vs. ICE is only an issue on road trips or towing longer distances. Would be a non-issue if chargers were as plentiful as gas stations and didn’t take 45 minutes. But I consider it a fair trade-off since I do 99% of my charging at home. Glad to have my Tesla adapter for road trips now as that will give me more options for charge locations…. I get really sick of EA chargers and killing time at WalMart.

Ramcharger or other PHEV trucks might fit a lot of people’s needs, but overall efficiency just isn’t there. It’s more a manipulation of price and attempt to appeal to a broader market by [rather inefficiently] combining two powertrain technologies in one. Anyway, I really don’t see the appeal as the overall range isn’t any better than a full ICE truck. You don’t get the frunk or other EV advantages since it still has a V6 up front. The battery still takes up significant space, same with the dual powertrain components, meaning less room for fuel and other things. I believe the Ramcharger and the upcoming Ford PowerBoost that also has a large battery option will both lose the spare tire carrier under the bed and storage below the rear seat and such. And RAM keeps revising specs as we get closer. They have already walked back some of the fantastical range claims. No more 700+ mile option, apparently. LOL…
Sponsored