Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Driver+ has gotten SO much better in the 8 months I’ve had my truck. I’m left with a few desires that would make me totally content, in order of priority (to me)
  1. Lane changes. Let me signal, then change lanes for me and stay engaged.
  2. Raise speed cap to at least 90, preferably 95
  3. Automatic parallel parking would be nice
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Am I alone in thinking that Driver+ is still basically unusable? I admit it's gotten better over the last 8 months I've had my truck... But it still isn't good enough to be remotely useful. Even on mapped roads I can't reliably use Driver+ for more than a quarter mile without it complaining about something.

Road information not available

Can't see lane markings (even though they're FINE)

Another vehicle is traveling in an adjacent lane (you know, like other vehicles often do) and Driver+ freaks out and wants to merge into them or just decides it's time to disengage.

Road curves ahead, take control.

Toll booth ahead, take control (There are no toll booths in my state)

Random "camera obstructed" messages and the system disengages even on clear days.

It goes on....

And that's the subpar experience on the limited number of pre-approved roads. The rest of the roads you're out of luck, entirely.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Am I alone in thinking that Driver+ is still basically unusable? I admit it's gotten better over the last 8 months I've had my truck... But it still isn't good enough to be remotely useful. Even on mapped roads I can't reliably use Driver+ for more than a quarter mile without it complaining about something.

Another vehicle is traveling in an adjacent lane (you know, like other vehicles often do) and Driver+ freaks out and wants to merge into them or just decides it's time to disengage.

Random "camera obstructed" messages and the system disengages even on clear days.

It goes on....

And that's the subpar experience on the limited number of pre-approved roads. The rest of the roads you're out of luck, entirely.
Works fine for me ever since Rivian fixed my alignment. Will have issues with obstructed cameras but if you wipe them clean (it depends on more than just the windshield camera) it works fine. Not many curved highways around here and my state has zero toll booths on interstates.

Rivian R1T R1S My Driver+ wish list 1675101547448

Rivian R1T R1S My Driver+ wish list 1675101557413

OP
OP
swhme

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

It goes on....

I can use it almost the full 100 miles from my house to Boston. There are a few toll plazas there I have to take over, and there’s one ~one mile section that’s recently been completely reworked (in the last 4 months), so I have to take over there. The rest of the way, it’s smooth sailing. Much smoother than my Teslas.

That said, up until a couple of months ago, I had numerous issues with it thinking my truck was out of alignment. Took a couple of SC visits to get it cleared up, but now it works great.

Sponsored

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
  • Being able to set the engage speed based on speed limit + 5 mph (customizable like Tesla)
  • Not instantly correcting into center lane position when engaged causing a swerving event
  • Ping ponging especially in curves
  • Easier activation, sometimes it's finicky about lane position or duration since lane entrance, more flexibility and smoothness here would be great
  • Faster acceleration after traffic slowing event, it's too slow to bring back up to speed

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
My Driver+ came with a feature where 1 out of every 3-4 uses it makes sure I'm paying attention by swerving into either another lane of traffic or the nearest barrier. I would like that feature removed.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

A lot of puddles and sun from melting snow today. My wife said lane keep on the loaner vehicle kept trying to push into adjacent lanes as it was confused by the glare.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Dammit Jim, Resume!

Rdfritz1967

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2019 F150, 2020 NX 300, 2023Mini Cooper
Occupation
Finance Manager
To not turn on every damn time you get in the truck. It should be tied to your driver settings such as your seat and mirrors. Until its a law, I don't want it to turn on every time i enter the truck and force me to turn it off.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’ve found dangerous disengagements in weak cellular areas. Very little warning for it as well. I’d like to see that smoothed out or be able to continue processing basic lane keeping locally.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
To not turn on every damn time you get in the truck. It should be tied to your driver settings such as your seat and mirrors. Until its a law, I don't want it to turn on every time i enter the truck and force me to turn it off.
Um, what? Driver+ doesn't automatically enable itself???

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
What part about it turns on by itself? Most options are tied to your profile, but Driver+ ACC and HWA only turn on when the driver initiates them.

Rdfritz1967

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2019 F150, 2020 NX 300, 2023Mini Cooper
Occupation
Finance Manager
I just took it in for service so can't check the screens, but warnings and auto braking activates each time I start the truck. Very frustrating, especially the auto braking feature. If yours is not, that would be great to know.

OP
OP
swhme

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I just took it in for service so can't check the screens, but warnings and auto braking activates each time I start the truck. Very frustrating, especially the auto braking feature. If yours is not, that would be great to know.
I have never had auto-braking activate. Either you're a super aggressive driver or, more likely, there's an issue there and it's way too eager on your truck.
Sponsored