more street friendly R1T?

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
question: for those of us who won't be running off road rallys, or blasting around in the dunes... is there a possibility of a more street orientated setup? i need a truck to transport my trike, carry grass to the dump, and snag some lumber from the hardware store. i won't be driving up Kilimanjaro. it would be awesome to have the ability to change the wheels and suspension to accommodate different driving scenarios.

set the suspension lower (and have it stay there until told otherwise), larger rim, but smaller sidewall to keep the speedo the same, or the ability to adjust it for different tire sizes.

adjust the shocks for a firmer ride for performance driving, and a softer setting for when the better half is riding along.

like the new hummer, and most ice pickups out there, i'd wager 80% of the owners never use the truck to it full capability, especially off road.
Sponsored

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

question: for those of us who won't be running off road rallys, or blasting around in the dunes... is there a possibility of a more street orientated setup? i need a truck to transport my trike, carry grass to the dump, and snag some lumber from the hardware store. i won't be driving up Kilimanjaro. it would be awesome to have the ability to change the wheels and suspension to accommodate different driving scenarios.

set the suspension lower (and have it stay there until told otherwise), larger rim, but smaller sidewall to keep the speedo the same, or the ability to adjust it for different tire sizes.

adjust the shocks for a firmer ride for performance driving, and a softer setting for when the better half is riding along.

like the new hummer, and most ice pickups out there, i'd wager 80% of the owners never use the truck to it full capability, especially off road.
I am for the same type of truck that you are. It does look like several different Pirelli tires to pick from and one all season looks like a street type tire. I feel this is an indication of being able to set up the truck like we want it...I hope. Looking forward to others addressing your post.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Well, it has a fully adjustable air suspension and optional 22” wheels.

Not sure what else you’re looking for.

OP
OP

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
cool, thanks. didn't know that. looking forward to seeing how fast i can take offramps! my ridgeline corners almost flat and can hang with pretty much anything short of an all out performance car in cornering. with a lower center of gravity, the R1T should be even better, assuming the suspension is firm enough.

jarross

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester XT, Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Pharmacist
..looking forward to seeing how fast i can take offramps! .. with a lower center of gravity, the R1T should be even better, assuming the suspension is firm enough.
There are some videos out there of an R1T tearing up the track. And cornering nearly as well on dirt. Performance looks spectacular, especially considering it's a truck! I think most of usl will be happy with it doing what we want it to do.

Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
There are some videos out there of an R1T tearing up the track. And cornering nearly as well on dirt. Performance looks spectacular, especially considering it's a truck! I think most of usl will be happy with it doing what we want it to do.
I have a Model X 100D.

With me in the driver's seat that's over 5,500lbs moving down the road on air suspension.

It has *NO BUSINESS* cornering as well as it does. But that's what happens when your floor is made of heavy batteries instead of sticking a huge iron block up high.

And this is coming from someone who also has a race prepped Mini Cooper.

If there's one thing I'm worried about with the Rivian, it's not that "it will handle poorly like a truck"

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Much like many of the current suvs use dynamic independent braking to keep the vehicle stable I'm sure that the programming in the Rivians will use the independent control of the motors to do the same for cornering. The days of the SUV and truck rollovers from getting the vehicle bent out of shape by off camber cornering by whipping in and out of traffic or around corners are quite a few years behind us at this point. Add in the previously mentioned lower center of gravity and all the other computer nannies and I'm sure it will perform well on the street. Personally, I want it to be able to do baja.... and then I want it to be able to go to the grocery store or a road trip with luxury... I WANT IT ALL!! haha

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
cool, thanks. didn't know that. looking forward to seeing how fast i can take offramps! my ridgeline corners almost flat and can hang with pretty much anything short of an all out performance car in cornering. with a lower center of gravity, the R1T should be even better, assuming the suspension is firm enough.
Yeah I was actually quite surprised how 'Street Truck-low' all the testers seen videos of recently on the Freeway and such. I mean they're not 'Baggin'-and-draggin' by any means but it had the typical 90's early 2000's lowered street truck stance to it. I honestly think this thing is the best of many truck lifestyle worlds. And that's coming from a Car guy! ;)
Sponsored