MGA

Banned
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Veloster
It has almost unique front-end design, maybe some are irritated but I think it works, if you remove these "eyes" and put some typical design, its "personality" is diminished.
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We were very early Rivian adopters (11/28/18) and thought that the front end was very different. At first, we weren't sure that we liked it, but it grew on us. By the time that we got Opal, we were all-in with the distinctive front end look. As our truck's name is Opal, masculine appearance is not a factor, although we think that she is pretty tough looking.

We also have a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3/4 ton Duramax that is quite masculine looking, but her name is Vivian. As you can see in the photo, one looks just as tough as the other.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Mods For Less Cartoonish Front End? DSC_0050.JPG

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
I'm a fan of the 'gentler' front end, it's a unique look in a sea of ANGRY trucks that look like they can't wait to run you over. The low hood kinda helps with that too, not coming all the way up to your chest or something ridiculous.

The fact that it's faster than all those other trucks too is icing on the cake, it's got big sleeper energy.

Ohm Boy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Clubs

I think most here can respect that someone might not be a fan of the Rivian face. It's the perception of manliness, or suggested lack of, that draws laughter. That and the use of the word strokes and wad in the same post.

I can also guarantee that any mods people might think makes the Rivian look more manly is going to come across like a balding man's combover. Just learn to rock what you've got.
It was a hard decision between the laugh emoji and the thumbs-up emoji. Your post, Electruck, is truly marvelous. Bravo!! As a matter of fact, as a balding man I was quite encouraged to know that every day I look more like a Rivian!!

For me, I’m looking for a mod that makes it look more “cartoonish”. I don’t know, maybe something like this?
Rivian R1T R1S Mods For Less Cartoonish Front End? IMG_1918

Ohm Boy

Last edited:

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I appreciate the perspectives from all the folks who like the look. I don’t, so can we keep it on topic, please? This isn’t a poll.
Agreed. The goofy look of the nose is my least favorite part of the truck... I am looking forward to aftermarket solutions.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I don’t think it would be too hard for an aftermarket company to offer a more aggressive front end kit judging by this R1T that suffered collision damage.

My guess is the kit would be a minimum of $5k due to totally new new headlights, front fascia, etc.

Rivian R1T R1S Mods For Less Cartoonish Front End? F79A5A15-0D91-45F6-901D-C5D28040A636

OP
OP
JeffSTX

JeffSTX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S, 2021 Ford F-350
The OP still hasn't answered what is the particular aspect of the look that is the problem. the headlights? the solid lightbar? lack of a traditional grill
Fair question. Certainly the tall, elongated headlights that look like Betty Boop eyes. Also the flat painted surface where there is normally a grill which has about 50% of Rivian owners applying PPF to keep it looking decent even with only pavement pounding expeditions. Mine is off pavement as much or more than on and the front is a disaster. The light bar isn’t terrible but I could do without it. Painted grills/fronts have always been for grocery getters. Mine goes on hunting leases, beaches, mud bogs, etc. Anywhere I’d take a RAZR I take the truck. It doesn’t look like it belongs where it’s able to go. Hope that helps.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
You could put a custom wrap on the front, something with a specific image or shape. The original Tesla Model S had the fake grill that helped transition people to the idea of not having a grill.

Someone on here wrapped their truck with a pretty cool mountain range on the side.

This is kind of a goofy example (I had left over wrap from wrapping my Model S) that I did for one Halloween.
Rivian R1T R1S Mods For Less Cartoonish Front End? IMG_20191028_124212

OP
OP
JeffSTX

JeffSTX

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S, 2021 Ford F-350
You could put a custom wrap on the front, something with a specific image or shape. The original Tesla Model S had the fake grill that helped transition people to the idea of not having a grill.
Yes, that’s what I was thinking. Wondering if anyone had come up with a cool wrap that looked tough. If you’re going to apply PPF anyway, why not have a cool looking wrap? 👍🏼

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

@JeffSTX I think 2 relatively minor changes could make it look a little less cartoony and a little tougher.
1. A different hood or hood appliqué which eliminates the headlight cutouts and covers the upper edge of the headlights would make it look a little less wide-eyed and a little like the more aggressive look which, I think was popularized by BMW back in the day: cut off the upper portion of headlights to make it look like it’s scowling a little.
2. I think an appliqué which fills in the divot of the area between the headlights, especially in a metallic finish or flat black, would also make it a little tougher. Turning that concave area into a flush or even slightly convex would probably convey a stronger front end.