First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Manager
El Cap Granite and Limestone are also very very tempting options. I just really like what I see so far with the Forest green in images. I'm curious about the Launch Green, but really need to see that in person. I had really wanted an expresso interior option, but the green seems exciting too.
I was going for a navy blue exterior and dark brown interior (see this on Jepp GCs). I’ll still be happy :)
Sponsored

DWingert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2010 Mazda 3
I live right by Minnetonka so we may explore out there. Always weary of driving on the ice though. There have been more cars falling through than i remember in past years...
I live in Minnetonka! But driving an $75k+ vehicle onto a frozen lake is too risky for me.

I have a Limestone exterior, Black Mountain interior, with the 20" AT (non-dark) LE ordered. However, I have been thinking about holding off a year and ordering the 400+ battery pack.

OP
OP

Gleeson

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Manager
I live in Minnetonka! But driving an $75k+ vehicle onto a frozen lake is too risky for me.

I have a Limestone exterior, Black Mountain interior, with the 20" AT (non-dark) LE ordered. However, I have been thinking about holding off a year and ordering the 400+ battery pack.
I’m in Wayzata! Good call on the battery pack. I wonder how 2022 R2S (assuming that’s the name) will price out with the LR

DWingert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia, 2010 Mazda 3
I
I’m in Wayzata! Good call on the battery pack. I wonder how 2022 R2S (assuming that’s the name) will price out with the LR
Oh nice! We are neighbors then!

Yeah I don't know if they would already go to a R2S nameplate or if that would wait for a full/partial redesign in several years.

I would also like to know more about where specifically the 300+ and 400+ mile range numbers land. Are we talking 350 mile range and 405? Or is it 305 and 450? Because the actual difference between the two ranges would help with the decision making on which battery to get.

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010, Focus RS
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
Fellow Minnesotans - Looks like Rivian is now hiring for a couple positions related to vehicle delivery and operations in Minneapolis.

The positions were posted in the last two days. A good sign regarding roll-out for us. Wonder where the Rivian Center will be?

Rivian R1T R1S Minnesota Pre Orders 1625233806423

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gleeson

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Manager
Fellow Minnesotans - Looks like Rivian is now hiring for a couple positions related to vehicle delivery and operations in Minneapolis.

The positions were posted in the last two days. A good sign regarding roll-out for us. Wonder where the Rivian Center will be?

1625233806423.png
Thanks for sharing - this is great to see. Would love if people on this thread shared when they are hearing from their Rivian guides. Depending on pre order timing, maybe the rest of us can get a sense of when we will be hearing from them.

Also...wondering if there is appetite for Rivian clubs/meetups similar to what Audi does. I also saw a huge Jeep brigade near where I live (Wayzata) not too long ago. Maybe Rivian will help coordinate?

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

Oh man that's exciting. Maybe some of us in the Midwest will be getting contacted soon or after these positions get filled.

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
I just ordered a R1T a couple months ago and am looking forward to seeing how it handles a MN winter. We had some concerns over the lack if level 3 chargers for road trips in the Midwest. I am guessing I will have a long wait to actually get it. I wonder how many have been ordered in MN. It is a good sign that they are hiring positions for this area.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
So where will be the closest service center for us Minnesotans? Chicago?

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
So where will be the closest service center for us Minnesotans? Chicago?
I think Chicago will be the closest. I doubt their are very many preorders in MN or North or South Dakota to warrant a service center. I live in rural MN and most people have never heard of Rivian.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I think Chicago will be the closest. I doubt their are very many preorders in MN or North or South Dakota to warrant a service center. I live in rural MN and most people have never heard of Rivian.
Less than ideal L3 charging infrastructure currently in those states as well.

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Less than ideal L3 charging infrastructure currently in those states as well.
That is one of my biggest concerns so far with preordering a Rivian. We travel to Montana to the Red Lodge area. It may be a difficult trip with the current L3 chargers. I am hoping by the time we get delivery they greatly expand the network in the less populated states.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
That is one of my biggest concerns so far with preordering a Rivian. We travel to Montana to the Red Lodge area. It may be a difficult trip with the current L3 chargers. I am hoping by the time we get delivery they greatly expand the network in the less populated states.
I’m hoping similar for both WY and MT. I spend a lot of time in both states, and right now the non-Tesla L3 charging is almost non-existent. It’s the MaxPack paradox - need MaxPack now because charging isn’t there, but won’t need it when they start shipping it if charging is better. ?‍♂

I know, @TessP100D, range is king regardless. Except when it’s not. ?

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I’m hoping similar for both WY and MT. I spend a lot of time in both states, and right now the non-Tesla L3 charging is almost non-existent. It’s the MaxPack paradox - need MaxPack now because charging isn’t there, but won’t need it when they start shipping it if charging is better. ?‍♂

I know, @TessP100D, range is king regardless. Except when it’s not. ?
Oh it is. Lol.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Me too. Although I hope MPLS gets one eventually
Sponsored