Sponsored

Milwaukee reservation holder here!

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Prospectus video has a dot in Milwaukee for a service center!
I've been watching the service center thread and thus far, six months later, there doesn't appear to be any indication that Rivian has starting working on a local WI service center. Seemingly the few WI deliveries that have occurred (congrats) are through the Chicago service center.

Makes me wonder if WI has a very low number of preorders. It would make sense for Rivian to focus on states with higher order numbers. It wouldn't make sense for them to ignore WI if there were just as many orders here as Illinois or Minnesota.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I've been watching the service center thread and thus far, six months later, there doesn't appear to be any indication that Rivian has starting working on a local WI service center. Seemingly the few WI deliveries that have occurred (congrats) are through the Chicago service center.

Makes me wonder if WI has a very low number of preorders. It would make sense for Rivian to focus on states with higher order numbers. It wouldn't make sense for them to ignore WI if there were just as many orders here as Illinois or Minnesota.
I hold out hope. My Rivian has a twin in my neighborhood.
That being said my next service appointment is not at my house but at the Chicago center. Bummer.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Thread has been quiet for a while so I’m just chiming in to say that I took delivery in Milwaukee yesterday.

Unfortunately I’ll need a service center appointment at some point in the future because one of my bed lights doesn’t work. I didn’t notice it until it was dark outside. I have an office 10 minutes from the Chicago service center that I can work at for the day instead of having Rivian pick it up from WI. I suspect, however, that the light issue could be fixed with mobile service.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Hey man, thanks for waking this thread up. Rec'd delivery June 1st and have a few things for Service appointment scheduled on 8/3. Funny, I also have an office in the Loop and am scheduling my appointment around my next visit there for work to save them the drive to Madison.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
I have had mine serviced in Chicago and at my house. I would encourage you to be clear about what you need done. It had to be serviced at my house because despite my informing them that I was in for the seat recall and the tonneau they didnt have the parts for the seat.

The first thing I asked was to have them charge it overnight (I dropped it off the day before to ensure it would be done in a day) so I could have a full charge for the way home. They did not and I had to swing by an EA on the way out which put me 20 minutes into rush hour.

Super friendly and well meaning people but I was a bit annoyed that I went all the way down there to have it not be fixed.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Thanks for the tips regarding service! Hopefully I won’t need anything major anytime soon.

On a different note:

Can anyone with WI plates clarify whether the R1T requires truck plates in Wisconsin? I have personalized plates I’d like to transfer (Rivian did not do this even though I requested during my 8 steps) and the delivery person thinks it’s because the R1T may need special plates. I’d like to know if any of the R1Ts in the state have regular WI plates because if they do then I shouldn’t have any issues transferring myself when Rivian registers my car.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
Light Truck. One other bit of advice. Rivian only paid 100 bucks of the 270 required from the WI DMV. After repeated attempts to have them get me plates I finally went to the DMV and paid the remainder and was handed plates on the spot. I was in and out of the DMV in 20 min.

The alternative was a Rivian paid for loaner that I don't have a place to park.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Light Truck. One other bit of advice. Rivian only paid 100 bucks of the 270 required from the WI DMV. After repeated attempts to have them get me plates I finally went to the DMV and paid the remainder and was handed plates on the spot. I was in and out of the DMV in 20 min.

The alternative was a Rivian paid for loaner that I don't have a place to park.
How did you handle the taxes?

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
Supposedly Rivian did 🤞.

Edit: They must have because the DMV wouldn't have issued plates, I dont think, if the taxes weren't handled.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

WI registration showed on Thursday with plate number indicated on the form. Supposedly plates are due within 4 weeks. Hoping I’m good to go!

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Found a friend downtown today. Anyone here?
Rivian R1T R1S Milwaukee reservation holder here! 655B46F7-8A25-4F2A-9B56-69FD75CF8516

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
Not me but I have seem him around here in Whitefish Bay...

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Rivian updated the service center map to include upcoming locations and Milwaukee is listed! Not sure how accurate the location is, but if it’s correct then it looks like West Allis will have a service center for Southeast Wisconsin.

Rivian R1T R1S Milwaukee reservation holder here! EB7C75BB-195C-4B72-84EC-47365AE4F872

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
FYI there in an R1S in town as well might be WFB

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

FYI there in an R1S in town as well might be WFB
One in Waukesha as well! One of the early R1T owners in the state also got an R1S.
Sponsored