First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Hoping for a factory delivery option down in IL. Also if there are any off road enthusiasts in the area I would love to hear about local trails that would be fun in the R1T.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Wauwatosa here. Contemplating the R1S but want to see some real life data on range, UI, and general before pulling trigger.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
Wauwatosa here. Contemplating the R1S but want to see some real life data on range, UI, and general before pulling trigger.
Welcome Michael! I have been fairly active on the Forum so feel free to ask any questions, but yes i am anxiously awaiting the EPA numbers as well.

DO you have a deposit down? If you can swing it, it's a good idea because it's going to be a long line and if you put in today it probably will take late next year to get a vehicle.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Madison R1T reservation holder also hoping for a factory delivery

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
Madison R1T reservation holder also hoping for a factory delivery
Me too! I wanna take the Hiawatha down and transfer at Union station!

I hope we get lumped in with the Chicago deliveries in terms of priority. It seems to be heavily weighted by service center location.

Sponsored

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Welcome Michael! I have been fairly active on the Forum so feel free to ask any questions, but yes i am anxiously awaiting the EPA numbers as well.

DO you have a deposit down? If you can swing it, it's a good idea because it's going to be a long line and if you put in today it probably will take late next year to get a vehicle.
Nothing down yet. I put a deposit down on a Tesla Model Y earlier this year when prices kept going up. Low risk of $100 to save thousands. Did a test drive and honestly didn’t like it as much as I wanted and the wife definitely had issues with it. I’m hoping quality and more stands out with the R1S. It certainly looks better overall in my mind inside and out. Looks more luxurious while providing even more utility. Range is key for me. With WI winters I want the minimum 300mi knowing I’m taking a haircut during the colder months. I’m encouraged with all of the cold weather testing that perhaps their battery management is better overall and range loss is reasonable.

Any idea if we can put reservations on hold if we are not sure yet? Honestly late next year or early the following year is fine for me for delivery.

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Does anyone think Milwaukee or southern WI will be close enough for the Normal, IL event? I’m really hoping so. I would definitely make the drive.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
I reached out to customer service yesterday and asked if Milwaukee was officially in the Chicago region. They would not say. I made it very clear I would travel to normal.

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Did anyone get the first drive invite? I did not but I was a late reservation. I also don’t know if we are “too far away”.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
I chatted with CS today, and they were non committal as always. "Milwaukee might be in the Chicago region" I tried to get on the list at the Normal IL first drive and they refused.

Sponsored

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

I chatted with CS today, and they were non committal as always. "Milwaukee might be in the Chicago region" I tried to get on the list at the Normal IL first drive and they refused.
I sent CS a response and they basically said spots were full. They also won’t have any R1S’ there just R1T’s apparently.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Another Milwaukee reservation holder here. I hope there are more of us to incentivize the company to either group us with Chicago or treat us as an earlier market but I'm not holding my breath. The construction project in Chicago is allegedly not a service center and will just be a showroom (someone mentioned no curb cuts) so who knows when and where they will establish service in Chicago.

My hope is that they do the same thing Tesla did and place a service center along the North Shore in Highland Park or maybe Lake Forest or Deerfield. Then, they can use that service center for both Chicago and Southeastern Wisconsin until they establish themselves in Wisconsin.

At the very least, once the Chicago showroom opens downtown I can head down there and actually see color options in person. I really want a chance to see all three interiors in person because I'm undecided which I'd be happy with long term. I don't expect a first drive event in Milwaukee anytime soon, especially with winter approaching.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
I was at the showroom last week, its pretty empty save for a big row of porta potties. I wonder what the schedule is on an actual open date.

OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Riviot
Prospectus video has a dot in Milwaukee for a service center!

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Prospectus video has a dot in Milwaukee for a service center!
That is a fantastic find! I had not watched the roadshow video yet. I was hoping MKE would get a service center not far from the zoo interchange, so this is promising.
Sponsored